IRC log of er on 2009-01-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:26:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:26:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/21-er-irc
13:26:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:26:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:26:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
13:26:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:26:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
13:26:24 [trackbot]
Date: 21 January 2009
13:26:32 [shadi]
agenda?
13:26:49 [shadi]
agenda+ Pointers-in-RDF
13:26:56 [shadi]
agenda+ HTTP-in-RDF
13:27:03 [shadi]
agenda+ Next meetings
13:27:12 [squillace]
squillace has joined #er
13:27:24 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:27:24 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:27:25 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
13:27:26 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:29:11 [Zakim]
+MikeS
13:31:05 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:31:24 [Zakim]
+ThomasT
13:31:34 [JohannesK]
zakim, thomast is me
13:31:34 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
13:33:10 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
13:34:21 [shadi]
scribe: MikeS
13:34:27 [shadi]
scribenick: squillace
13:34:28 [squillace]
Scribe: MikeS
13:34:47 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:34:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "HTTP-in-RDF" taken up [from shadi]
13:35:17 [squillace]
SAZ: AWWSW subgroup of W3C TAG
13:35:56 [squillace]
...Technical Architecture Group oversees many differing groups of w3 and how technologies fit together or can be assimilated
13:36:38 [squillace]
...central distnction: syntactic model v. semantic model
13:36:46 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
13:37:20 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:37:32 [squillace]
...tools exchanging information = syntax, meaning, inference, and description fo resources and their relations = semantics
13:38:22 [squillace]
...how do we communicate conformance - to what degree is it syntactic v. semantic?
13:39:22 [squillace]
...look at coments from group and interact on conformance
13:39:39 [squillace]
..should happen prior to next draft
13:40:27 [squillace]
...Http in RDF will be focal point for discussion since it is most likely to be used in other contexts
13:40:38 [shadi]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswHttpVocabularyInRdfComments
13:41:02 [squillace]
Topic: Section header
13:41:48 [squillace]
JK: they want specific property named contentType
13:43:20 [squillace]
...we have two properties: one has literal value, one has resource but we do not ahve specific properties
13:44:23 [squillace]
...fieldName is literal, headerName is resource-oriented
13:45:25 [squillace]
...don't want to provide properties for each and every header defined (e.g. would not be just HTTP1.1)
13:46:09 [squillace]
SAZ: could we have header names/properties for more comon ones (e.g. contenttype)
13:47:11 [squillace]
JK: present reasons for our current approach to AWWSW and ask which headers should be properties (e.g. only ones defined in HTTP 1.1)
13:47:34 [squillace]
+1
13:50:39 [squillace]
Topic: body alternativves
13:51:25 [squillace]
JK: strictly speaking, object culd only be Base64Content
13:52:51 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20081216
13:53:29 [squillace]
SAZ: need to revisit
13:53:41 [squillace]
...marked already as an issue
13:55:12 [squillace]
JK: we already ahve separate classes for varying levels of interpreatation in Content in RDF
13:55:19 [squillace]
...how does this work in HTTP?
13:55:36 [squillace]
Topic: Term usage
13:56:27 [squillace]
SAZ: probably generic not AAWSW sense of the word 'representation'
13:57:16 [squillace]
....all to look at webarch document cited in comment
13:57:56 [squillace]
Topic: MessageHeader
13:58:07 [squillace]
JK: already remove owl restrictions
13:58:10 [squillace]
Topic: Date
13:58:31 [squillace]
SAZ: suggestion is to subclass dc:date with our own for more specific purpsoe
13:59:28 [squillace]
...do we want to have a specific meaning?
14:01:27 [squillace]
JK: Do we need it in Http in RDF at all?
14:02:51 [squillace]
SAZ: do we want to add a property that inherits from dc:date (e.g. timestamp)?
14:06:59 [squillace]
....leave this bc it might ahve ripple effects (e.g. do we subclass dc:hasPart)?
14:07:16 [squillace]
Topic: MethodName v. Method
14:10:01 [squillace]
Topic: Header element
14:10:20 [squillace]
JK: may be confusing given the word 'element' in the ocntext of HTML/XML
14:10:37 [squillace]
...no element in HTTP
14:12:34 [squillace]
SAZ: not sure aobut next steps except to explain 'element'
14:13:20 [squillace]
Topic: domains and ranges
14:14:14 [squillace]
JK: is it permisslbe to say that the range is an HTTP Heaer element and then use colection?
14:15:02 [squillace]
Tpoic: status codes
14:15:16 [squillace]
SAZ: ties in directly with EARL schema issue
14:15:34 [squillace]
...every status code would be a class
14:15:43 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2008/http-statusCodes
14:16:30 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081126#OutcomeValue
14:17:00 [squillace]
...OutcomeValue (e.g. Pass)
14:21:57 [squillace]
...should create a list of status codes we need, they belong to HTTP in RDF
14:26:11 [squillace]
...JK pls draft some responses and update document accordingly
14:26:20 [squillace]
...may also be items for group discussions
14:26:24 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:27:48 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:27:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2, HTTP-in-RDF, closed
14:27:49 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:27:51 [Zakim]
1. Pointers-in-RDF [from shadi]
14:27:53 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:27:53 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Pointers-in-RDF" taken up [from shadi]
14:29:13 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:29:14 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Next meetings, closed
14:29:15 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:29:16 [Zakim]
1. Pointers-in-RDF [from shadi]
14:29:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:29:19 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Next meetings" taken up [from shadi]
14:29:47 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
14:29:57 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:29:58 [Zakim]
-MikeS
14:29:59 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
14:30:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, MikeS, JohannesK, Carlos_Iglesias
14:30:23 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:30:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:30:23 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:30:24 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:30:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/21-er-minutes.html trackbot
14:30:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:30:25 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items