IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-01-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:56:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:56:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-ws-ra-irc
19:56:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Yves
20:15:03 [Geoff]
Geoff has joined #ws-ra
20:15:58 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
20:20:07 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
20:20:57 [Bob]
zakim, this will be #WS_WSRA
20:20:57 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Bob
20:21:29 [Bob]
zakim, this will be WS_WSRA
20:21:29 [Zakim]
ok, Bob; I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
20:21:57 [Bob]
meeting: WS-RA TC Distributed Meeting
20:22:09 [Yves]
s/TC/WG/
20:22:57 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jan/0045.html
20:23:08 [Bob]
chair: Bob Freund
20:23:21 [Bob]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:23:40 [GregC]
I guess GregC is first on the scribe list
20:24:12 [GregC]
and willing?
20:24:47 [GregC]
Tag, I'm it.
20:24:59 [Bob]
scribe: Greg Carpenter
20:24:59 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has now started
20:25:06 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:25:07 [Zakim]
-??P4
20:25:08 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
20:25:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were
20:25:29 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has now started
20:25:36 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:25:58 [GregC]
I'm am trying to get to the FAQ., but experiencing some delays ...
20:26:16 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
20:26:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aaaa
20:26:41 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:27:20 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
20:27:49 [dug]
how do I get the link to the minutes/rssagent?
20:28:08 [dug]
thanks
20:28:22 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
20:28:32 [dug]
Geoff "holds" Asir??
20:28:50 [dug]
too much info :-)
20:28:52 [Geoff]
zakim, geoff holds asir, greg
20:28:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Geoff, I do not recognize a party named 'geoff'
20:29:11 [Geoff]
zakim, Geoff holds asir, GregC
20:29:11 [Zakim]
sorry, Geoff, I do not recognize a party named 'Geoff'
20:29:25 [Geoff]
zakim, [mic is Geoff
20:29:25 [Zakim]
+Geoff; got it
20:29:28 [Geoff]
zakim, Geoff holds asir, GregC
20:29:28 [Zakim]
+asir, GregC; got it
20:29:31 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:29:46 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
20:30:34 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
20:30:56 [Zakim]
+Yves
20:31:12 [Bob]
zakim, who is on the phone
20:31:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Bob
20:31:16 [Bob]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:31:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Geoff, +1.571.262.aaaa, Bob_Freund, Doug_Davis, ??P8, Wu_Chou, Yves
20:31:19 [Zakim]
Geoff has asir, GregC
20:31:24 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:31:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.266.aabb
20:32:03 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
20:32:24 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
20:32:43 [wu]
wu has joined #ws-ra
20:32:57 [gpilz]
finally found an IRC client that can work with Oracle's proxy
20:33:43 [Zakim]
+Prasad_Yendluri
20:33:59 [Prasad2]
Prasad2 has joined #ws-ra
20:34:08 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
20:34:35 [Bob]
zakim, [OR is gpilz
20:34:35 [Zakim]
+gpilz; got it
20:35:00 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
20:36:03 [Vikas]
This is Vikas
20:36:08 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
20:37:20 [dug]
LOL we need webconf :-)
20:37:22 [GregC]
The agenda is available at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jan/0045.html
20:38:22 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
20:38:48 [GregC]
The quick brown fox jumped over teh lazy dog
20:39:03 [Yves]
s/teh/the/
20:39:05 [GregC]
s/teh/the
20:39:08 [dug]
I believe Greg was suckered into that one!
20:39:27 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #ws-ra
20:39:52 [GregC]
TOPIC: Agenda
20:39:54 [svij]
svij has joined #ws-ra
20:40:17 [SumeetVij]
SumeetVij has joined #ws-ra
20:40:34 [GregC]
add "unilateral wihtdrawal of issues" to the agenda
20:41:11 [GregC]
Topic: minutes
20:41:55 [GregC]
People need more time to read and approve minutes from f2f
20:42:13 [GregC]
TOPIC: Next week's meeting
20:42:26 [GregC]
bob: I wont be able chair
20:42:41 [GregC]
bob: should we cancel or have Yves chair?
20:43:29 [GregC]
Meeting will be held as planned, Yves will chair
20:43:40 [GregC]
TOPIC: creation of frist working drafts
20:43:52 [GregC]
s/frist/first
20:44:23 [Li]
Li has joined #ws-ra
20:44:28 [GregC]
bob: Editors should use CVS to avoid "lost updates" from multiple editors
20:45:06 [GregC]
Editors need to get Public Keys if they don't already have one
20:45:39 [GregC]
bob: first drafts in W3C format with no changes
20:46:12 [GregC]
bob: who will produce which first working drafts and when
20:46:28 [asir]
q+
20:46:31 [GregC]
dug: are there conversion tools and shoudl we use them?
20:46:44 [GregC]
s/shoudl/should
20:47:28 [GregC]
asir: conversion tools are avialable but still require significant manual effort
20:47:32 [Bob]
ack yves
20:47:52 [dug]
yves which doc were you thinking of?
20:48:19 [GregC]
Yves: Perhaps some subnissions are already up to spec and will be easier?
20:49:12 [asir]
q+
20:50:08 [GregC]
bob: In two weeks time, all submitted specs will be converted and available in xml spec format
20:50:18 [Bob]
ack asir
20:50:31 [GregC]
bob: specs may come out independently during that time
20:50:34 [Zakim]
+JeffM
20:51:08 [GregC]
bob: people will be given adequate time to review
20:51:57 [GregC]
ACTION: editors will have first Public Working drafts available on or before Feb 3
20:52:28 [asir]
Yves - you probably want to think about a Tracker user named 'editors'
20:52:51 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #ws-ra
20:52:51 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
20:52:51 [trackbot]
If you want to associate this channel with an existing Tracker, please say 'trackbot, associate this channel with #channel' (where #channel is the name of default channel for the group)
20:53:12 [GregC]
TOPIC: Primer - WHat, who, how, when
20:53:31 [dug]
zakim, mute JeffM
20:53:31 [Zakim]
JeffM should now be muted
20:53:52 [Yves]
tracker not assiciated to irc yet, but we can the web interface for now
20:54:04 [GregC]
bob: some WGs find a primer to be a useful aid to understanding the specs
20:54:08 [Yves]
s/assiciated/associated/
20:54:28 [GregC]
bob: Shall the WS-RA WG produce a primer?
20:55:08 [GregC]
??: One Primer per spec, or just one Primer?
20:55:16 [dug]
While I think, in general, primers are good, until we have an area of confusion I'd prefer to wait
20:55:40 [GregC]
bob: Is there anyone on this call who is willing to write a Primer?
20:55:58 [GregC]
gpilz: maybe
20:56:08 [dug]
my first choice would be to have areas of confusion be fixed in the spec
20:56:40 [GregC]
q+
20:56:52 [Bob]
ack greg
20:57:19 [gpilz]
q+
20:57:29 [Bob]
ack gp
20:58:50 [GregC]
GregC: Primers are for wordy explanations that might not be appropriate for a spec
20:59:24 [GregC]
gpilz: tend to agree -- good place for use cases, etc
20:59:32 [GregC]
TOPIC: new issues
20:59:46 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6442
21:00:10 [GregC]
Issue 6442
21:01:22 [GregC]
bob: any opposition to accepting issue 6442?
21:01:31 [Zakim]
-JeffM
21:01:37 [GregC]
bob: Accepted without opposition
21:02:03 [Geoff]
q+
21:02:11 [GregC]
bob: Issue assigned to gpilz
21:02:33 [Bob]
ack geof
21:03:01 [GregC]
bob: I assume the open question in the initial issue will be addressed with a more specific proposal
21:03:46 [GregC]
Geoff: Note that this is another example of the larger upgrade to support WS-Addressing REC
21:04:19 [GregC]
Geoof: do we have lots of individual issues (which is OK, just asking)
21:05:02 [Prasad2]
+1 to having separate issues, helps focus the issue to specific area or matter
21:05:32 [dug]
bob - there's 6459
21:05:38 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6459
21:05:50 [GregC]
gpilz: bob: granularity is up to the issue submitter
21:06:05 [GregC]
s/gpilz://
21:06:50 [GregC]
new issue 6459
21:06:52 [gpilz]
good catch!
21:06:55 [Prasad2]
s/Geoof/Geoff/g
21:07:46 [GregC]
bob: issue 6459 accepted without opposition and assigned to Li
21:08:15 [GregC]
TOPIC: Issues with proposals:
21:08:42 [dug]
this is the _easy_ one you mentioned at the f2f :-)
21:09:35 [Bob]
scribe: Bob
21:10:08 [Prasad2]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6433
21:10:24 [Bob]
ITopic: Issue-6433
21:10:37 [Zakim]
-Prasad_Yendluri
21:10:39 [Bob]
proposal at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jan/0041.html
21:10:43 [dug]
backbones?
21:10:54 [gregcarp]
gregcarp has joined #ws-ra
21:11:17 [Zakim]
+Prasad_Yendluri
21:12:17 [Geoff]
q+ Really Greg wants to talk
21:12:23 [gregcarp]
Can you see me now?
21:12:25 [Geoff]
q+
21:13:39 [Bob]
ack geoff
21:15:41 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
21:15:58 [dug]
q+
21:17:36 [Bob]
ack dug
21:18:36 [gpilz]
+1 to Doug
21:19:14 [Geoff]
q+
21:19:21 [Bob]
ack geo
21:19:51 [dug]
q+
21:19:54 [gpilz]
+q
21:20:03 [dug]
LOL
21:21:28 [Prasad2]
So, the WS-A:EPR definition has no extensibility built in?
21:21:35 [Bob]
ack dug
21:21:44 [gpilz]
EPR's have extensibility in them
21:23:09 [Bob]
Bob: The extensibility facet of this issue was decided at the f2f to be separate from the decision of which version of epr to reference
21:23:10 [Geoff]
q+
21:23:16 [Bob]
ack gp
21:24:00 [Bob]
ack geo
21:24:24 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
21:24:59 [gpilz]
+q
21:25:08 [Bob]
ack gp
21:26:56 [Bob]
resolution: Resolve Issue-6433 with the proposal contained in Bugzilla Comment #1 w/o
21:27:43 [dug]
latest 6398: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jan/0043.html
21:27:50 [Bob]
Topic: Issue-6398
21:28:27 [Prasad2]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6398
21:30:07 [Geoff]
q+
21:30:21 [Bob]
ack geoff
21:30:54 [GregC]
GregC has joined #ws-ra
21:32:00 [dug]
no objection to more digestion/composting :-)
21:32:30 [asir]
what was that :-)
21:32:44 [Bob]
send to the list and defer consideration for a future meeting
21:33:41 [Bob]
Topic: Issue-6426
21:34:30 [dug]
since this was pretty much covered at the f2f I wouldn't object to accepting it now - but no objection to composting either :-)
21:34:34 [Bob]
proposal at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Jan/0047.html
21:34:49 [Bob]
Li introduces his proposal
21:35:11 [gpilz]
I wouldn't object to accepting it either - good work
21:35:32 [dug]
q+
21:35:38 [Bob]
ack dug
21:35:39 [Geoff]
q+
21:37:04 [Bob]
ack geoff
21:39:49 [Bob]
Topic: Issue-6427
21:40:00 [Bob]
Li introduces his prosal
21:40:11 [Geoff]
q+
21:40:49 [gpilz]
again this looks acceptable
21:41:01 [Bob]
ack geo
21:44:11 [Bob]
Topic: Issues 6408 6409 6410 6414 6415 6416
21:44:18 [Geoff]
q+
21:44:25 [Bob]
ack geoff
21:45:22 [Geoff]
q+
21:45:31 [Bob]
Originator wishes to withdraw these issues
21:45:40 [Bob]
ack geo
21:46:33 [Geoff]
q+
21:46:47 [Bob]
ack geoff
21:48:30 [Bob]
resolution: Gudge 6408 6409 6410 6414 6415 6416 w/o
21:49:00 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
21:49:02 [Zakim]
-Prasad_Yendluri
21:49:06 [Zakim]
-gpilz
21:49:07 [Zakim]
-Geoff
21:49:07 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
21:49:09 [Zakim]
-Yves
21:49:09 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
21:49:10 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaaa
21:49:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Yves
21:49:12 [Zakim]
- +1.703.266.aabb
21:49:14 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
21:49:16 [Zakim]
-??P8
21:49:16 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
21:49:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], +1.571.262.aaaa, Bob_Freund, Doug_Davis, asir, GregC, Wu_Chou, Yves, [Oracle], +1.703.266.aabb, Ashok_Malhotra, Prasad_Yendluri, gpilz, JeffM
21:49:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Yves
21:50:03 [Bob]
thanks
21:50:16 [Bob]
rrsagent, pointer
21:50:16 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-ws-ra-irc#T21-50-16
21:51:27 [Bob]
Bob has left #ws-ra
23:21:11 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra