IRC log of mediaann on 2009-01-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:42:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:42:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-mediaann-irc
12:43:00 [joakim]
zakim, this will be mawg
12:43:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, joakim
12:43:20 [joakim]
chair: Joakim
12:44:07 [joakim]
zakim, this will be MAWG
12:44:07 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, joakim
12:50:39 [joakim]
meeting: MAWG
12:51:59 [victor]
victor has joined #mediaann
12:52:08 [victor]
Hello
12:52:18 [joakim]
Hi Victor, all well?
12:52:28 [victor]
fine, thanks
12:54:48 [joakim]
regrets: Felix, Tobias, Frank, Thierry, Davy
12:55:34 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
12:57:00 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
12:57:39 [joakim]
present: joakim, pierre-antoine, victor, werner, wonsuk
12:58:32 [VeroniqueM]
VeroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:59:07 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
12:59:07 [Zakim]
ok, joakim; that matches IA_MAWG()4:00PM
12:59:31 [joakim]
who zakim, who is noisy
12:59:31 [pchampin]
zakim, mute me
12:59:31 [Zakim]
pchampin should now be muted
12:59:49 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aaaa
12:59:52 [Zakim]
+veronique
13:00:04 [pchampin]
zakim, unmute me
13:00:05 [Zakim]
pchampin should no longer be muted
13:00:12 [Zakim]
+ +41.22.717.aabb
13:00:18 [wbailer]
Zakim, aaaa is wbailer
13:00:18 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
13:00:21 [joakim]
present+ veronique
13:00:37 [pchampin]
can you hear me ?
13:00:50 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediaann
13:01:09 [joakim]
present+ raphael
13:01:30 [Zakim]
+??P6
13:01:36 [Zakim]
+raphael
13:01:43 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
13:01:45 [Zakim]
raphael should now be muted
13:02:32 [joakim]
scribe: Pierre_antoine
13:02:46 [raphael]
scribenick: pchampin
13:03:35 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0024.html
13:04:04 [pchampin]
last minutes approved
13:04:07 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0042.html
13:04:24 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0042.html
13:04:44 [pchampin]
Frank will scribe for the next meeting
13:05:31 [pchampin]
next call: January 27, 13:00 UTC unless it is unconvenient for the Apple people
13:05:34 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
13:05:40 [pchampin]
topic: Action items
13:07:02 [pchampin]
Bernard: must have more discussion with Frank next week
13:07:37 [pchampin]
action 47 still ongoing
13:07:37 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 47
13:07:54 [wbailer]
s/Bernard/Werner/
13:07:58 [raphael]
q+: about the action from Felix
13:08:14 [raphael]
q+ to talk about the action from Felix
13:09:08 [joakim]
present+ Jean-Pierre
13:09:32 [raphael]
Jean Pierre: try the web access to irc
13:10:06 [raphael]
ack me
13:10:07 [Zakim]
raphael, you wanted to talk about the action from Felix
13:10:34 [raphael]
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/xmplibrary/
13:10:45 [pchampin]
raphael: Felix and Raphael received mails from Adobe
13:11:25 [pchampin]
about a library giving a better idea of the XMP properties actually in use
13:12:03 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
13:12:03 [Zakim]
raphael should now be muted
13:12:53 [pchampin]
victor: worked on the Image UC
13:13:14 [pchampin]
the UC is about image lifecylce
13:13:24 [pchampin]
mailed a similar example involving video
13:15:14 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0029.html
13:16:55 [joakim]
Pierre Antoine: we should take structured data into account
13:18:26 [pchampin]
there is a trade off between structured API and structured data
13:19:24 [raphael]
Pierre Antoine, you should be able to watch all actions and issues, open and close ... so ask Thierry to get your access granted, this is a setup problem
13:19:53 [pchampin]
close ACTION-59
13:19:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-59 Investigate how the declaration of JSON could provide a solution for our return object closed
13:20:18 [raphael]
ack me
13:20:48 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/issues/open
13:22:15 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
13:22:15 [Zakim]
raphael should now be muted
13:22:26 [raphael]
ack me
13:23:52 [pchampin]
joachim: manually adds an Issue: "trade-off btw structured API and structured data"
13:24:38 [raphael]
the system should give a number to the issue
13:24:45 [pchampin]
this is issue 1
13:25:08 [raphael]
and you can assign actions related to this issue ...
13:25:19 [pchampin]
close ACTION-65
13:25:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 Finish TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for next week closed
13:26:25 [pchampin]
close ACTION-67
13:26:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-67 Review tvanytime closed
13:26:33 [pchampin]
close ACTION-68
13:26:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-68 Review EBU closed
13:26:48 [pchampin]
close ACTION-69
13:26:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-69 Review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand Content specification 2.0 closed
13:27:00 [pchampin]
close ACTION-70
13:27:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-70 Review IPTC closed
13:27:42 [pchampin]
close ACTION-72
13:27:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-72 Review MIX closed
13:28:46 [pchampin]
werner: 2 columns are missing in the mapping for SMPTE
13:28:58 [pchampin]
they will be completed next week
13:29:35 [Zakim]
- +41.22.717.aabb
13:29:57 [pchampin]
close ACTION-75
13:29:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-75 Review METS closed
13:30:04 [pchampin]
close ACTION-76
13:30:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-76 Review LOM closed
13:31:20 [pchampin]
joakim: we can discuss on the mapping table
13:31:47 [pchampin]
véronique: a lot of formats have a mapping to XMP and a mapping to DC
13:31:59 [pchampin]
can we use the transitivity of the mappings ?
13:32:21 [pchampin]
victor: not only the transitivity, but also symetry ?
13:32:47 [raphael]
Does your mapping have a direction ? or are they equivalent relations in the mathematical sense?
13:32:49 [pchampin]
joakim: in ID3, a property maps to both XMP and DC, but not exactly in the same way
13:32:57 [pchampin]
DC is more general, XMP more specific
13:33:48 [pchampin]
werner: same observation: there is often an overlap
13:34:12 [raphael]
the mapping can be precised: sub-property, equivalent-property, related-property, etc. OWL and SKOS provide constructs to express that
13:34:29 [pchampin]
many properties are music-oriented; should we keep them?.
13:35:27 [pchampin]
véronique: the mapping of MPEG7 will probably provide properties related to video
13:35:36 [pchampin]
that we don't have yet: mapping problem
13:36:47 [pchampin]
action: joakim to merge the contributions to the mapping table on the wiki
13:36:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-77 - Merge the contributions to the mapping table on the wiki [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2009-01-27].
13:38:37 [VeroniqueM]
for VRA at least they provided a clear mapping to Dublin Core 4.0
13:39:00 [VeroniqueM]
and to former versions, but i did not include them...
13:39:35 [pchampin]
pierre-antoine: is the mapping of DC vs. DCterms always consistent with the 2 versions (string / URI) provided by the Dublin Core?
13:44:59 [pchampin]
action: pchampin to start a discussion on the wiki about the DC vs. DCterms issue
13:44:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-78 - Start a discussion on the wiki about the DC vs. DCterms issue [on Pierre-Antoine Champin - due 2009-01-27].
13:45:55 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Dataformat
13:46:14 [pchampin]
topic: data format
13:46:51 [raphael]
I think that URI as values is a must ... to be part of the Web of Data
13:47:01 [raphael]
... this is coherent with the vision of a Web of things
13:47:04 [VeroniqueM]
I agree with Raphael
13:47:13 [wbailer]
+1
13:47:18 [joakim]
+1
13:47:30 [victor]
+1
13:47:40 [wonsuk]
+1
13:48:12 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0032.html
13:48:38 [VeroniqueM]
one way of representing the mappings could be in a Semantic Web format, what are the other formats that people would want it into?
13:48:52 [VeroniqueM]
with skos:mappings for example
13:49:16 [joakim]
zakim, who is noisy?
13:49:27 [Zakim]
joakim, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: joakim (70%), veronique (11%), ??P6 (36%)
13:50:14 [raphael]
zakim, mute ??P6
13:50:14 [Zakim]
??P6 should now be muted
13:50:14 [pchampin]
véronique: SKOS is about specifying different kinds of mapping (exact mapping, more general, etc)
13:50:23 [VeroniqueM]
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/
13:50:30 [victor]
i absolutelty agree about SKOS
13:51:17 [pchampin]
action: VeroniqueM to write an example about using SKOS
13:51:17 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - VeroniqueM
13:51:33 [raphael]
trackbot, status
13:51:46 [pchampin]
action: Véronique to write an example about using SKOS
13:51:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-79 - Write an example about using SKOS [on Véronique Malaisé - due 2009-01-27].
13:52:02 [joakim]
rrsagent, make log public
13:53:26 [VeroniqueM]
there are two points: the API and the media ontology...
13:53:37 [pchampin]
pierre-antoine: do we expect people using our API to be able to deal with SKOS ?
13:53:44 [VeroniqueM]
they are related, of course, we agree with that
13:54:36 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
13:54:36 [Zakim]
raphael should no longer be muted
13:54:52 [raphael]
q+ to explain a bit more how SKOS can be useful
13:55:04 [raphael]
ack me
13:55:04 [Zakim]
raphael, you wanted to explain a bit more how SKOS can be useful
13:55:39 [pchampin]
raphael: SKOS is for representing lightweight taxonomies
13:55:46 [pchampin]
without strong semantic comitment
13:59:16 [Zakim]
-wbailer
13:59:16 [pchampin]
joakim: should we include MicrosoftTV on iTunes ?
13:59:17 [Zakim]
-??P6
13:59:17 [Zakim]
-raphael
13:59:19 [Zakim]
-veronique
13:59:22 [pchampin]
(no opinion expressed)
13:59:39 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
13:59:52 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:59:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
14:00:07 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:00:09 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:00:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
14:01:31 [Zakim]
-joakim
14:01:33 [Zakim]
-pchampin
14:01:34 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()4:00PM has ended
14:01:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were pchampin, joakim, [IPcaller], +43.316.876.aaaa, veronique, +41.22.717.aabb, wbailer, raphael
14:02:58 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:02:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
14:03:20 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann
14:16:22 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
14:26:59 [VeroniqueM]
quit
15:59:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann