IRC log of wam on 2009-01-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
15:00:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-irc
15:00:20 [Zakim]
+ +358.503.85aabb
15:00:39 [ArtB]
zakim, aabb is Jere
15:00:39 [Zakim]
+Jere; got it
15:00:43 [hendry]
hendry has joined #wam
15:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aacc
15:01:13 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:01:33 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0086.html
15:01:34 [timeless]
zakim, aacc is arve
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+arve; got it
15:01:39 [ArtB]
Date: 15 January 2009
15:01:44 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
15:01:47 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
15:01:49 [Bryan]
Bryan has joined #wam
15:01:51 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
15:01:52 [Zakim]
+ +0777183aadd
15:02:03 [Zakim]
+Mark
15:02:06 [ArtB]
zakim, aadd is David
15:02:06 [Zakim]
+David; got it
15:02:39 [ArtB]
Present: Art, Arve, Kai, Josh, Jere, David, Mark
15:03:10 [ArtB]
Regrets: Frederick, Thomas, Marcos
15:03:11 [mpriestl]
mpriestl has joined #wam
15:03:36 [ArtB]
Topic: Review and Tweak Agenda
15:03:46 [ArtB]
AB: agenda published January 14... it is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0086.html
15:03:57 [ArtB]
AB: DigSig not on the agenda because FH and TLR are at the XML Security WG's f2f meeting this week
15:04:06 [ArtB]
AB: one change I propose is to move Testing to the beginning of the meeting so Kai doesn't have to stay on the entire call
15:04:24 [drogersuk]
drogersuk has joined #wam
15:04:31 [ArtB]
AB: any problems with that proposal?
15:04:34 [ArtB]
[None]
15:04:40 [ArtB]
AB: any other change requests?
15:04:42 [ArtB]
[None]
15:04:51 [ArtB]
Topic: Annoucements
15:05:00 [ArtB]
AB: January 31 is the deadline for Comments for the P&C LCWD
15:05:51 [ArtB]
AB: very important to hit the deadline to optimze our f2f time in Paris
15:05:53 [ArtB]
AB: any other announcements?
15:05:59 [ArtB]
[None]
15:06:05 [ArtB]
Topic: Widget Testing
15:06:12 [ArtB]
AB: Kai, would you please give us a short status?
15:06:31 [hendry]
http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa
15:07:04 [ArtB]
KH: I've done a lot of work but because of the end of year holidays progress has been a bit slow
15:07:17 [ArtB]
... recently talking to MC and TLR about DigSig
15:07:38 [ArtB]
... We recently agreed to move MWTS tests to the "Opera format"
15:08:03 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike-Mobile
15:08:03 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
15:08:05 [Zakim]
+Mike
15:08:09 [ArtB]
... This has been a bit more complicated than I'd like
15:08:14 [ArtB]
Present+ Mike
15:08:44 [timeless]
zakim, drop mike-mobile
15:08:44 [Zakim]
sorry, timeless, I do not see a party named 'mike-mobile'
15:08:51 [ArtB]
KH: have also been communicating with DavidH (Opera) re the widget RELAX NG schema
15:09:58 [hendry]
http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtvalidator
15:10:00 [arve]
(I missed a few minutes here, due to a phone call)
15:10:02 [ArtB]
... The test unloads the zip and runs the widget in the browser
15:10:12 [ArtB]
s/The test/The test framework/
15:10:17 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
15:10:17 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
15:10:19 [Zakim]
+Mike
15:10:28 [ArtB]
KH: I need feedback from you guys to help
15:11:23 [ArtB]
AB: any volunteers to review what Kai and MWTS have done?
15:11:30 [ArtB]
JS: I can take a look
15:11:51 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop Mike
15:11:51 [Zakim]
'Mike' is ambiguous, MikeSmith
15:12:05 [timeless]
zakim, drop mikesmith
15:12:05 [Zakim]
sorry, timeless, I do not see a party named 'mikesmith'
15:12:18 [timeless]
zakim, who is on?
15:12:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, timeless.
15:12:23 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:12:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, ??P6, ArtB, Jere, arve, David, Mark, Mike, Mike
15:12:30 [arve]
zakeem, Drop Mike
15:12:33 [arve]
zakim, Drop Mike
15:12:33 [Zakim]
'Mike' is ambiguous, arve
15:12:44 [Bryan]
Bryan can help review it - on chat only today
15:12:52 [Zakim]
-Mike
15:12:59 [ArtB]
Present+ Bryan
15:13:01 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop Mike-Mobile
15:13:01 [Zakim]
sorry, MikeSmith, I do not see a party named 'Mike-Mobile'
15:13:16 [ArtB]
AB: thanks Bryan
15:13:25 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
15:13:25 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
15:13:27 [Zakim]
+Mike.a
15:13:38 [ArtB]
AB: are you/MWTS blocked by WebApps?
15:13:45 [ArtB]
KH: no, not really
15:14:06 [ArtB]
... if you want to make things go faster, then please make some contributions
15:14:11 [ArtB]
AB: OK; understood
15:14:31 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, ??P6 is hendry
15:14:31 [Zakim]
+hendry; got it
15:14:34 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments for KAI or about the test suite?
15:14:38 [ArtB]
[None]
15:15:02 [ArtB]
AB: we are having a Widgets f2f meeting Feb 24-26 in Paris
15:15:22 [ArtB]
... I assume widgets will be on the agenda
15:15:28 [ArtB]
KH: I will not be available that week
15:15:36 [ArtB]
... Dom may be able to attend or help
15:16:06 [ArtB]
ACTION: Barstow follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting
15:16:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-288 - Follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-01-22].
15:16:22 [ArtB]
KH: are there some other implementations I can use for inspiration?
15:17:19 [ArtB]
AB: Scott Wilson's email today describes two EU projects that are implementing parts of the Widgets specs
15:17:39 [ArtB]
Topic: P&C Last Call WD
15:17:50 [ArtB]
AB: formal comments from Boris and Jere
15:17:58 [ArtB]
... Don't necessarily want to go through the comments line-by-line
15:18:05 [ArtB]
... However, we do have an obligation to respond to every comment submitted and we must continue to use public-webapps for that
15:19:10 [ArtB]
ACTION: Marcos create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD
15:19:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-289 - Create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD [on Marcos Caceres - due 2009-01-22].
15:19:19 [ArtB]
... We can discuss any particular Hot Topic and/or process-related
15:19:59 [ArtB]
AB: Boris http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0046.html
15:20:06 [ArtB]
AB: one area of continued concern is the HTML5 dependency
15:20:30 [ArtB]
... Borris' comment #4 raises this issue
15:20:37 [Zakim]
-Mike
15:22:07 [ArtB]
AB: HTML5 isn't going to reach REC for some time, unfortuantely
15:22:17 [ArtB]
... our options are somewhat limited
15:22:35 [ArtB]
Arve: I'm OK with us referencing those parts of HTML5 that are stable
15:23:04 [ArtB]
... perhaps we need to clearly identify those specs in WebApps that have a dependency on HTML and give them to Hixie
15:23:35 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments on HTML5 dependency issue?
15:23:37 [ArtB]
[None]
15:23:46 [ArtB]
AB: any comments on Borris' input?
15:24:00 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:24:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, hendry, ArtB, Jere, arve, David, Mark, Mike.a
15:24:11 [ArtB]
... clearly it indicates we neet to tighten up the spec
15:24:11 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, Mike.a is me
15:24:11 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith; got it
15:24:36 [ArtB]
... I didn't see anything I would characterize as a "Show Stopper"
15:25:16 [ArtB]
AB: surely Marcos will reply but anyone else should feel free to reply too
15:25:59 [ArtB]
AB: Jere sent comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/0088.html
15:26:33 [ArtB]
AB: are there any particularly urgent comments, Marcos?
15:26:57 [ArtB]
JK: comment #1 is a bit urgent because it could affect the testing re localization
15:27:32 [ArtB]
AB: thanks for sending these comments
15:28:01 [ArtB]
JK: re comment #5, were there discussions about just using one config doc for the whole widget rather than a config per locale?
15:29:24 [ArtB]
AB: some orgs use different groups to do their localization so keeping them separate works well with those business arrangements
15:29:51 [ArtB]
... and munging everything into a single config file can be problematic
15:30:09 [ArtB]
Arve: also can expect things such as layout to vary depending on locale
15:30:26 [ArtB]
JK: if anyone has a ptr to past discussions, I would appreciate
15:31:11 [ArtB]
... think there is a need for more information about how to handle merging when more than one config file is used
15:31:21 [ArtB]
Arve: think we need to hear from Marcos
15:32:18 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments about Jere's email?
15:32:21 [ArtB]
[None]
15:32:36 [ArtB]
Topic: API & Events spec
15:32:46 [ArtB]
AB: this spec hasn't been update recently
15:33:05 [ArtB]
... ED is http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/
15:33:19 [ArtB]
Arve: we still have a few Red Blocks in the spec
15:33:50 [ArtB]
... some changes to HTML5 need to discussed before we move fwd with our spec
15:34:11 [ArtB]
... I need to review the changes Hixie has made
15:34:46 [ArtB]
... his changes potentially will affect what we want to specifiy
15:35:36 [ArtB]
AB: can you agree to a deadline for that analysis?
15:35:43 [ArtB]
Arve: yes
15:36:07 [ArtB]
AB: is one week sufficient?
15:36:10 [ArtB]
Arve: yes
15:36:55 [ArtB]
ACTION: arve review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward
15:36:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-290 - Review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward [on Arve Bersvendsen - due 2009-01-22].
15:37:14 [Zakim]
-hendry
15:37:47 [ArtB]
[ Some discussion on whether or the ED at http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ is the latest version or not ... ]
15:38:09 [ArtB]
s/on whether or/on whether or not/
15:39:35 [ArtB]
Arve: it appears I have not checked in agreed changes from Mandelieu
15:40:06 [ArtB]
... I will check in all changes before our next Voice Conf
15:41:51 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on this topic?
15:41:53 [ArtB]
[None]
15:41:58 [ArtB]
Topic: AOB
15:42:07 [ArtB]
B: Benoit sent me an info packet for the Paris meeting
15:42:17 [ArtB]
s/B: Benoit/AB: Benoit/
15:42:25 [ArtB]
... I will upload that to the meeting page and notify the group
15:42:34 [ArtB]
AB: Anything else?
15:42:45 [ArtB]
[None]
15:42:50 [ArtB]
AB: Meeting adjourned?
15:43:13 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop me
15:43:13 [Zakim]
MikeSmith is being disconnected
15:43:14 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
15:43:15 [Zakim]
-David
15:43:17 [Zakim]
-Jere
15:43:19 [ArtB]
... Yes, meeting adjourned
15:43:23 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref
15:43:25 [Zakim]
-ArtB
15:43:29 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:43:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html ArtB
15:43:30 [Zakim]
-arve
15:43:43 [Zakim]
-Mark
15:43:45 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)10:00AM has ended
15:43:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were Josh_Soref, +1.781.993.aaaa, ArtB, +358.503.85aabb, Jere, +47.23.69.aacc, arve, +0777183aadd, Mark, David, Mike, hendry, MikeSmith
15:44:00 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
15:44:19 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:44:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-minutes.html ArtB
15:44:22 [arve]
arve has left #wam
15:44:28 [JereK]
JereK has left #wam
15:47:11 [hendry]
hendry has left #wam
15:48:48 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
15:48:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wam
15:49:09 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-actions.rdf :
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Barstow follow-up with Dom re Widget Testing and our Feb 24-26 f2f meeting [1]
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-irc#T15-16-06
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Marcos create a tracking document for the P&C LCWD [2]
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-irc#T15-19-10
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: arve review changes to HTML5 that may affect API and Events spec and propose a way forward [3]
15:49:09 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/15-wam-irc#T15-36-55