IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-01-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:17:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
17:17:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-ws-ra-irc
17:17:48 [Ashok]
Pl. tell me when I should dial in
17:19:15 [Bob]
ok, all dial in
17:20:10 [Geoff]
zakim, who is there
17:20:10 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is there', Geoff
17:20:43 [Geoff]
zakim, who is there?
17:20:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Geoff.
17:20:59 [Geoff]
zakim, who is here?
17:20:59 [Zakim]
sorry, Geoff, I don't know what conference this is
17:21:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Bob, Geoff, Vikas-SoftwareAG, Zakim, gregcarp, Ashok, Dug-web, GregC, Dug, Yves
17:21:03 [Ashok]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:21:03 [Zakim]
sorry, Ashok, I don't know what conference this is
17:21:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Bob, Geoff, Vikas-SoftwareAG, Zakim, gregcarp, Ashok, Dug-web, GregC, Dug, Yves
17:21:07 [Bob]
zakim, who is on the pjone?
17:21:11 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Bob.
17:21:38 [Bob]
zakim, this will be WS_WSRA
17:21:38 [Zakim]
ok, Bob, I see WS_WSRA()11:00AM already started
17:22:44 [Vikas-SoftwareAG]
I have also dialed-in on phone.
17:22:46 [Bob]
rrsagent, pointer?
17:22:46 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-ws-ra-irc#T17-22-46
17:30:37 [prasad]
prasad has joined #ws-ra
17:38:08 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'help'
17:39:31 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/ (for tracker help)
17:39:55 [Bob]
scribenick: Geoff
17:43:39 [jeffm]
jeffm has joined #ws-ra
17:50:44 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
17:51:12 [Geoff]
TOPIC: Mailing lists
17:51:27 [Geoff]
member list used for phone numbers and addresses etc
17:51:38 [Geoff]
technical discussion on public list
17:52:55 [Geoff]
ACTION: Yves - take care of editors mailing list
17:53:18 [Geoff]
Editors list should be public
17:54:24 [Geoff]
conference call #'s for India?
17:54:34 [Geoff]
vonage - doesn;t have number in India
17:55:44 [Geoff]
s/does;t/unfortunately doen't
17:57:04 [Geoff]
recommend we use tracker for maintaining action items
17:57:28 [Geoff]
TOPIC: Issue lists
17:57:58 [Geoff]
tracker or bugzilla?
17:58:36 [Geoff]
ashok recommends bugzilla
17:58:46 [Geoff]
asir supports this
17:59:14 [Geoff]
we have consensus to use bugzilla
17:59:35 [Geoff]
ACTION: Yves - set up bugzilla
18:00:15 [Zakim]
- +91.40.66.29.aacc
18:00:29 [Geoff]
should we have separate DL for bugzilla notifications
18:01:20 [Geoff]
none has supprted request
18:01:48 [Zakim]
+ +91.40.66.29.aaee
18:02:10 [Geoff]
alternative send to public or member list ?
18:02:13 [Dug]
zakim, who is talking?
18:02:24 [Zakim]
Dug, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +91.40.66.29.aaee (81%), ??P4 (59%)
18:02:59 [Geoff]
should go to public list rather than member list
18:03:02 [Zakim]
- +1.908.696.aadd
18:03:36 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
18:04:21 [Geoff]
separate mail list would reduce volume
18:04:52 [Geoff]
any objections to separate mail list for bugzilla?
18:04:58 [Geoff]
none heard
18:05:10 [Ashok]
Bad hum on the line. I'll hang up and redial
18:05:14 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:05:18 [Geoff]
ACTION: Yves - generate separate public bugzilla mail list
18:05:36 [Geoff]
ACTION: Bob - put link on public page to bugzilla mail list
18:05:56 [Zakim]
-??P4
18:06:31 [Zakim]
+??P2
18:06:48 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
18:07:45 [Geoff]
Is there a need for someone to be responsible for issues list?
18:07:56 [Geoff]
asir - normally distributed
18:09:21 [Geoff]
chair owns some functions closing recording
18:10:19 [Geoff]
is there a write up available - on WS-Policy home page
18:10:51 [Geoff]
any objections using WS-Policy
18:11:17 [Geoff]
ACTION: Yves to look at and use WS-Policy issue policy
18:11:24 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
18:15:08 [Geoff]
TOPIC: Meeting Times
18:18:45 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
18:18:48 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
18:19:15 [Geoff]
13:30 - 2pm PT seems free
18:19:22 [Geoff]
s/13/12/
18:20:05 [Geoff]
to be complete: weekly - Tuesday 12:30 - 2pm PT
18:21:19 [Geoff]
two calls per week, or separate time for testing
18:22:33 [Geoff]
only one meeting per week - will revisit if required
18:23:16 [Geoff]
ACTION: Yves - to setup meeting times and con calls
18:23:54 [Geoff]
take 15 minute break
18:23:59 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:28:00 [Yves]
bugzilla is created, see http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=WS-Resource+Access&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_wh
18:35:39 [jacques]
jacques has joined #ws-ra
18:37:28 [Geoff]
TOPIC: F2F schedule
18:39:12 [Dug]
don't we need a meeting in Hawaii ?
18:39:19 [Geoff]
2 WC, 2 EC, 1 Europe - meetings
18:39:41 [Geoff]
Syndey would be nice too
18:39:45 [Dug]
+1!
18:40:18 [Dug]
did msft just volunteer?
18:41:09 [Geoff]
IBM Europe has volunteered
18:41:18 [Geoff]
but not on the date in July
18:46:57 [Geoff]
Yves may not be able to attend all meetings
18:48:18 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
18:49:52 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaaa
18:57:33 [Geoff]
Proposal March, June, Sept?
18:59:22 [Ashok]
What dates are being proposed for March?
18:59:44 [Geoff]
1st Week of March
19:00:08 [Ashok]
I may have a problem Ist week of week
19:00:38 [Geoff]
week of June 9th?
19:01:16 [Geoff]
aggreed on week of Jun 9th
19:02:27 [Geoff]
week of March 10th?
19:02:42 [Geoff]
agreed March 10-12
19:03:19 [Geoff]
now september
19:04:30 [Geoff]
week of September 1st?
19:05:13 [Zakim]
- +91.40.66.29.aaee
19:05:23 [Geoff]
current agreement
19:05:32 [Geoff]
F2F meetings:
19:05:53 [Geoff]
March 10 - 12
19:06:02 [Geoff]
June 9-11
19:06:07 [Geoff]
september 103
19:06:13 [Geoff]
March - East Coast
19:06:18 [Geoff]
June West Coast
19:06:20 [Yves]
s/103/1-3/
19:06:59 [Geoff]
Where for September? Europe tentative
19:07:13 [Geoff]
Decide September venue by June 1
19:07:32 [Geoff]
s/June/May/
19:09:18 [Geoff]
June - tentative host is Oracle
19:09:50 [Geoff]
March - tentative host IBM
19:11:29 [Geoff]
TOPIC: Charter Review
19:12:41 [Geoff]
Charter Schedule
19:13:54 [Geoff]
LAst Call is currently April
19:14:51 [Geoff]
CR is currently in June
19:16:20 [Geoff]
specs have rep for running long
19:16:48 [Geoff]
maybe useful to break them down and do on different schedule
19:17:29 [Geoff]
would prefer not to force a priority to preclude discussion of other specs
19:18:16 [Geoff]
first WD is just converting existing submission to W3C formet
19:29:11 [Geoff]
Bob will attempt to canvas orgs to get feedback - will do this twice
19:29:56 [Geoff]
if their are companies the group thinks should be on that list please tell bob
19:30:51 [Geoff]
send Bob email addresses of chair of orgs you think need to know
19:31:31 [Geoff]
discussion on: "aligned with ISO 29361:2008 (WS-I BP 1.1). However, the Working Group should also consider conformance to the forthcoming profiles WS-I is finalizing assuming they achieve WS-I "Final Material" status before the Working Group completes its deliverables
19:32:29 [Geoff]
does aligned mean "does not conflict with"
19:33:05 [Geoff]
Avaya: we need to be more flexible than that
19:35:11 [Geoff]
how can we align and use SOAP 1.2, etc
19:37:05 [Geoff]
using BP defined versions of WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1
19:37:46 [Geoff]
does BP compose with Addressing?
19:37:51 [Geoff]
What does compose me?
19:39:50 [gpilz]
q+
19:40:55 [Dug]
s/me?/mean?/
19:40:56 [Geoff]
should deal with this on an isue by issue basis
19:41:40 [Geoff]
allow participants to open up issues on BP
19:41:56 [prasad]
BP1.1: R9980 An ENVELOPE MUST conform to the structure specified in SOAP 1.1 Section 4, "SOAP Envelope" (subject to amendment by the Profile).
19:42:01 [Bob]
q?
19:42:08 [Bob]
ack gpi
19:43:29 [Geoff]
need to keep on eye on what BP 1.2 and 2.0 is doing even if profiles are not ready
19:44:17 [Dug]
q+
19:44:59 [asir]
q+
19:45:46 [gpilz]
q+
19:47:37 [Bob]
ack gpi
19:48:52 [Geoff]
let's avoid the hypothetical discussion
19:49:01 [Geoff]
any BP issue is fair game for discussion
19:50:37 [Geoff]
break for lunch
19:50:47 [Geoff]
till 1pm PT
19:50:57 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
19:51:09 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
19:51:22 [Zakim]
-IBM_Conference_Room
19:51:23 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()11:00AM has ended
19:51:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.571.262.aaaa, +91.40.66.29.aabb, +91.40.66.29.aacc, [Microsoft], +1.908.696.aadd, Ashok_Malhotra, +91.40.66.29.aaee, IBM_Conference_Room
20:59:33 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()11:00AM has now started
20:59:40 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:05:18 [Zakim]
+??P1
21:05:21 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:05:23 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:08:37 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
21:10:26 [dug_]
dug_ has joined #ws-ra
21:11:40 [Yves]
presentations are here: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/9/01/
21:13:09 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
21:13:25 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/9/01/WS-RA-presentation.pptx
21:13:35 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
21:14:42 [dug]
?help
21:15:37 [jacques]
jacques has joined #ws-ra
21:25:17 [jdurand]
jdurand has joined #ws-ra
21:29:33 [jacques]
jacques has joined #ws-ra
21:30:16 [dug]
testing
21:55:13 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
22:14:27 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
22:27:26 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
22:27:28 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
22:27:28 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
22:32:36 [Geoff]
The ball is in the TAG's court - this group will wait for issues to arise associated with "nakeg get" or other issues.
22:32:58 [Geoff]
s/nakeg/naked/
22:51:50 [jacques]
jacques has joined #ws-ra
23:08:33 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
23:11:08 [Bob]
zakim, who is on the phone?
23:11:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P1
23:13:09 [dug]
pong
23:18:38 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
23:18:39 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
23:18:39 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
23:20:10 [prasad]
zakim, who is here?
23:20:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P1, [Microsoft]
23:20:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jacques, dug, gpilz, asir, jeffm, prasad, RRSAgent, Bob, Geoff, Zakim, GregC, Yves
23:20:22 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #ws-ra
23:21:07 [prasad-2]
prasad-2 has joined #ws-ra
23:22:20 [Geoff]
Microsoft to file the three related issues that were mentioned in the MEX minutes presented by Asir
23:35:52 [Geoff]
TOPIC: Editors
23:36:08 [Geoff]
Katy volunteers: T, RT and MEX
23:36:50 [Geoff]
Orcale confirms availability of conference cenetr to host F2F
23:37:14 [Geoff]
s/Orcale/Oracle/
23:38:13 [Geoff]
Should we have an editorial team, rather than editors for specs?
23:39:21 [Geoff]
WU volunteers for Eventing
23:39:39 [Geoff]
Doug will work on any except eventing
23:40:18 [Geoff]
Editors: Katy, Doug, Ashok, Wu
23:40:27 [Geoff]
Ashok volunteers for Mex
23:41:05 [Geoff]
Primer: no one yet
23:42:02 [Geoff]
Who will have implementations to test by the time of CR?
23:42:29 [Geoff]
IBM: Mex
23:42:35 [Geoff]
Oracle: Eventing
23:42:44 [Geoff]
IBM: T, RT, Mex
23:42:56 [Geoff]
Avaya: Eventing
23:43:51 [Geoff]
Group needs answer as we approach LC
23:45:30 [Geoff]
Should one person repesent editorial team?
23:46:31 [Geoff]
rotating leadership?
23:49:01 [gpilz]
This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
23:49:03 [gpilz]
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
23:49:04 [gpilz]
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
23:49:06 [gpilz]
Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.
23:49:07 [gpilz]
Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
23:49:09 [gpilz]
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done
23:50:03 [Geoff]
One person per spec to identify who is doing the work and making sure it is done
23:50:56 [Geoff]
establish POC for each spec - let the editors chat and work it out.
23:52:18 [Geoff]
let's start tomorrow morning with issues
23:54:31 [Geoff]
please try to get your issues that are on the public mail list into bugzilla
23:55:42 [Geoff]
for new issues, open bugzilla bugs directly
23:56:48 [asir]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#issues
23:56:49 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=WS-Resource%20Access
23:57:08 [asir]
Read the policy link for how to raise an issue
23:57:29 [asir]
Yves will have the component and target values set
23:59:05 [Yves]
components and target values=> DONE