IRC log of mwts on 2009-01-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:59:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc
15:59:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:59:22 [dom]
zakim, this will be TS
15:59:22 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:28 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:59:33 [dom]
Meeting: Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group
15:59:39 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
15:59:42 [dom]
ScribeNick: dom
15:59:52 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jan/0004.html
16:00:21 [carmelo]
carmelo has joined #mwts
16:00:42 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:00:42 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:00:46 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:53 [Zakim]
+??P21
16:00:56 [dom]
zakim, ??P21 is me
16:00:57 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
16:01:04 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
16:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
16:01:26 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
16:01:26 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
16:01:53 [Zakim]
+??P30
16:02:11 [dom]
zakim, ??30 is Kai
16:02:11 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named '??30'
16:02:15 [dom]
zakim, ??P30 is Kai
16:02:15 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
16:02:33 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
16:02:44 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to continue integrating his tests WTF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [PENDING]
16:02:51 [dom]
Kai: Robert hasn't got back to me about that yet
16:02:59 [dom]
... I've been doing some improvements on the widgets tests
16:03:09 [dom]
... namely in the XML Digital Signature stuff
16:03:22 [dom]
... I've also caught up with the updates to the RelaxNG of the spec
16:03:22 [Zakim]
+??P22
16:03:30 [dom]
zakim, ??P22 is Dmitri
16:03:30 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
16:03:53 [dmitri_silaev]
dmitri_silaev has joined #mwts
16:04:27 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'll talk to Robert about your questions
16:05:22 [dom]
Dom: WebApps is asking us comments on Widgets Packaging/Configuration
16:05:32 [dom]
Kai: I've sent comments, but on behalf of the group
16:05:46 [dom]
s/on/not on/
16:06:50 [dom]
Dom
16:06:54 [dom]
s/Dom/
16:07:07 [dom]
Dom: I don't think we need to send formal comments, since Kai is already sending comments
16:07:20 [dom]
... Kai, can you make sure to copy the comments to the list, though?
16:07:22 [dom]
Kai: sure
16:07:31 [dom]
Wilhelm: Opera has also participants in that group
16:07:37 [dom]
Topic: Device independent testing guidelines
16:07:50 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html Device INdependent testing guidelines
16:08:39 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [PENDING]
16:09:10 [dom]
Dom: I've started a general rewrite of the document, to show what I had in mind
16:09:21 [dom]
... still need to finish going through my categories
16:09:50 [dom]
ACTION: Dmitri to review the DI guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING]
16:10:16 [dom]
Dmitri: I based by comments on the previous version - will send them
16:11:07 [dom]
Topic: Memory test
16:11:13 [dom]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Dec/0015.html
16:11:30 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to run the memory test on his devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING]
16:11:46 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to run the memory test on his devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action08] [PENDING]
16:12:39 [dom]
Dom: started to do that, but didn't really figure out how to make it work properly
16:12:48 [dom]
Kai: ease of use could be improved indeed
16:13:18 [dom]
... The idea is that it is supposed to show the next number in sequence
16:13:27 [dom]
Dom: I think it probably didn't work on my palm
16:13:46 [dom]
Kai: could use a binary search tree
16:14:22 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to implement binary search tree to determin limits of memory test
16:14:54 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
16:15:25 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to push forward with finding a replacement for the inputmode test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING]
16:15:29 [dom]
ACTION: WIhelm to look into replacement for inputmode test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [PENDING]
16:15:54 [dom]
Kai: one thing that keeps popping up for me is bound to SSL tests
16:16:00 [dom]
... certificate fragmentation
16:16:22 [dom]
... I've emailed a guy at Verizon to get an extended certificate for testing, but haven't heard back
16:16:32 [dom]
Wilhelm: what particular problems?
16:17:01 [dom]
Kai: variation among certificate authorities, for instance
16:17:21 [dom]
... on many devices, you can't inspect the trust roots
16:17:31 [dom]
... makes it even harder to figure what might be going wrong
16:18:00 [dom]
... another aspect is that some devices don't implement extended validation properly
16:18:36 [dom]
... the first one seems more important to me, though
16:18:46 [dom]
s/verizon/versign/
16:19:05 [dom]
... the SSL story on mobile seems a bit weird
16:19:16 [dom]
Wilhelm: would probably be hard to test in our framework, though
16:19:40 [dom]
... to get the padlock, you need to have all the loaded items coming through SSL
16:19:51 [dom]
... at least in Opera
16:20:21 [dom]
Kai: my bank site gets a padlock even though they're loading external javascript stuff
16:20:30 [dom]
... I'll check it with opera
16:21:02 [dom]
... any rough idea, Wilhelm?
16:21:12 [dom]
Wilhelm: thinking around Javascript, DOM, ...
16:22:07 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to look into creating test cases for SSL and certificates support on mobile
16:23:14 [dom]
Wilhelm: SSL is not establishing a hierarchy of trust, but a hierarchy of whom to blame
16:23:56 [dom]
Topic: Blog
16:24:06 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to post an introductory message to the blog [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]
16:24:15 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/blog/2009/01/13/welcome Welcome message in our blog!
16:24:36 [dom]
Wilhelm: so you can now publish your post when you want
16:24:41 [dom]
Kai: will do in a couple of days
16:24:45 [dom]
... to space them out
16:24:52 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
16:25:02 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action16] [PENDING]
16:25:13 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action15] [PENDING]
16:25:38 [dom]
Topic: Rechartering
16:27:07 [dom]
Dom: Dmitri, Carmelo, make sure your org re-join the group
16:27:18 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/40010/join interface to join the group for AC Reps
16:27:27 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
16:27:57 [dom]
Dom: wilhelm not available next week, and I'll be just back from travel
16:28:03 [dom]
Kai: probably not available either
16:28:16 [dom]
RESOLUTION: Next call on January 27
16:28:32 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
16:28:34 [Zakim]
-Kai
16:28:35 [Zakim]
-Dmitri
16:28:35 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
16:28:37 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:28:40 [Zakim]
-dom
16:28:41 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:28:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were dom, Carmelo, +47.23.69.aaaa, Wilhelm, Kai, Dmitri
16:28:46 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:28:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:33:21 [hendry]
http://flickr.com/photos/hendry/3194596670/
16:41:18 [hendry]
i can't add http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/blog to my Google reader. Can you guys?
16:50:04 [dom]
hendry, can you re-try? it was missing the <link /> for RSS auto-discovery
16:50:17 [dom]
(I haven't tried adding it to Google reader since I'm not using it)
16:50:20 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 12 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to continue integrating his tests WTF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [PENDING] [1]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-02-44
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [PENDING] [2]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-08-39
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dmitri to review the DI guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING] [3]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-09-50
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to run the memory test on his devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING] [4]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-11-30
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to run the memory test on his devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action08] [PENDING] [5]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-11-46
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to implement binary search tree to determin limits of memory test [6]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-14-22
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to push forward with finding a replacement for the inputmode test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING] [7]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-15-25
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: WIhelm to look into replacement for inputmode test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [PENDING] [8]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-15-29
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to look into creating test cases for SSL and certificates support on mobile [9]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-22-07
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to post an introductory message to the blog [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action12] [DONE] [10]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-24-06
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action16] [PENDING] [11]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-25-02
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action15] [PENDING] [12]
16:50:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mwts-irc#T16-25-13
16:50:25 [dom]
Zakim, bye
16:50:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts