IRC log of RDB2RDF on 2009-01-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #RDB2RDF
15:58:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc
15:59:26 [mhausenblas]
shall I scribe, Ashok ?
15:59:34 [Ashok]
Please ...
15:59:45 [Ashok]
zakim, this is rdb2rdf
15:59:45 [Zakim]
ok, Ashok; that matches INC_RDB2RDF()11:00AM
16:00:03 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: RDB2RDF XG
16:00:03 [Ashok]
chair/; Ashok Malhotra
16:00:13 [mhausenblas]
?me takes over :)
16:00:17 [Ashok]
chair: Ashok Malhotra
16:00:33 [Ashok]
meeting RDB2RDF XG Jan 9, 2009
16:00:44 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0016.html
16:00:52 [Ashok]
scribe mhausenblas
16:01:04 [Ashok]
scribenick: mhausenblas
16:01:14 [mhausenblas]
previous: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2008Dec/0019.html
16:01:27 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, make record public
16:01:33 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:01:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:01:43 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Eisenberg
16:02:14 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:02:17 [Zakim]
+??P15
16:02:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am ??P13
16:02:27 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
16:02:50 [Zakim]
+ +49.322.222.0.aaaa
16:03:20 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here
16:03:20 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you need to end that query with '?'
16:03:31 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
16:03:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P9, Ashok_Malhotra, Andrew_Eisenberg, mhausenblas, ??P15, +49.322.222.0.aaaa
16:03:31 [Soeren]
Soeren has joined #rdb2rdf
16:03:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Ashok, AndrewE, ssahoo2, mhausenblas, MacTed, iv_an_ru, JimM
16:04:18 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is Soeren
16:04:19 [Zakim]
+Soeren; got it
16:05:43 [Zakim]
+??P17
16:06:39 [Zakim]
-??P17
16:06:49 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
16:06:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P9, Ashok_Malhotra, Andrew_Eisenberg, mhausenblas, ??P15, Soeren
16:06:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Soeren, RRSAgent, Zakim, Ashok, AndrewE, ssahoo2, mhausenblas, MacTed, iv_an_ru, JimM
16:07:04 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:07:09 [Zakim]
+ +01212803aabb
16:07:45 [iv_an_ru]
Zakim, +01212803 is me
16:07:45 [Zakim]
+iv_an_ru; got it
16:08:00 [ssahoo2]
now I am on mute
16:09:00 [mhausenblas]
ssahoo2: are you P8?
16:09:13 [Ashok]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:09:23 [Zakim]
Ashok, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P8 (42%), Soeren (60%)
16:09:40 [Ashok]
testing
16:09:46 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute Soeren
16:09:46 [Zakim]
Soeren should now be muted
16:09:56 [mhausenblas]
again, who is P8?
16:10:05 [ssahoo2]
I am not P8
16:10:10 [mhausenblas]
right
16:10:23 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
16:10:32 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Roll Call
16:10:51 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Appointment of minute taker
16:11:02 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas volunteers
16:11:12 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Approve minutes of December 12 telcon
16:11:29 [mhausenblas]
Ahmed requests clarification, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0001.html
16:11:47 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Ashok to fix minutes according to Ahmed's mail
16:11:49 [Zakim]
-Soeren
16:12:05 [mhausenblas]
Topic: XG Logistics
16:12:14 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute ??P8
16:12:14 [Zakim]
??P8 should now be muted
16:12:29 [mhausenblas]
Next telcon Jan 16, 2009
16:12:34 [Zakim]
+ +49.341.973.aacc
16:12:47 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aacc is Soeren
16:12:47 [Zakim]
+Soeren; got it
16:13:18 [ssahoo2]
AShok I have forwarded mail to Susie Stephens - she has not replied
16:13:37 [Ashok]
Satya, did you get a date from Susie Stevens re. when she can present to us?
16:15:03 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: we should clean up,
16:15:16 [mhausenblas]
... get SOTA out and think about the charter
16:15:18 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5. Action Items
16:15:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Satya to send mail to XG asking for a final review of the Literature Survey
16:15:45 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:16:55 [mhausenblas]
s/-- done/--done
16:17:00 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:17:21 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Axel to propose changes to Proposed Recommendation to use RIF (by X’mas)
16:17:28 [mhausenblas]
--pending
16:17:46 [mhausenblas]
s/--pending/--continues
16:17:51 [iv_an_ru]
It seemes to me that the phone connection is off
16:18:01 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Ashok to send Proposed Recommendation to XG
16:18:04 [mhausenblas]
--done
16:18:14 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Orri to send writeup on Ordnance Survey Usecase to XG
16:18:17 [mhausenblas]
--continues
16:18:28 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Satya Sahoo and Wolfgang Halb – Update on Literature Survey
16:18:59 [Ashok]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/StateOfTheArt?action=show
16:19:04 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: sent out this morning by Satya
16:19:28 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, unmute ssahoo2
16:19:28 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not know which phone connection belongs to ssahoo2
16:19:42 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is here?
16:19:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P9, Ashok_Malhotra, Andrew_Eisenberg, mhausenblas, ??P15, ??P8 (muted), iv_an_ru, Soeren, ??P0
16:19:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Ashok, Soeren, RRSAgent, Zakim, AndrewE, ssahoo2, mhausenblas, MacTed, iv_an_ru, JimM
16:19:46 [Zakim]
-??P8
16:20:06 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:21:03 [mhausenblas]
so, ssahoo2 is P8, right?
16:21:17 [ssahoo2]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/StateOfTheArt?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=RDB2RDF_SurveyReport.pdf
16:21:50 [mhausenblas]
zakim, ssahoo2 is ??P8
16:21:50 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not recognize a party named 'ssahoo2'
16:22:15 [ssahoo2]
ssahoo2 is satya sahoo
16:23:23 [mhausenblas]
Satya: please comment on the current PDF version
16:23:32 [Zakim]
-iv_an_ru
16:24:32 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is tallking?
16:24:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, mhausenblas.
16:24:40 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is talking?
16:24:50 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ashok_Malhotra (10%), ??P8 (28%), ??P9 (82%)
16:27:14 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: no requirement so far to standardise the SPARQL bits so far
16:27:45 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:27:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:28:57 [mhausenblas]
s/Topic: 5. Action/Topic: Action
16:29:42 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Satya to produce a final version of the SOTA till 2009-01-16
16:30:09 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Use RIF for mapping
16:30:19 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: Axel is not around, postpone it
16:30:55 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Discussion of XG Recommendation
16:31:38 [mhausenblas]
Michael notes that he is happy to take over TC with support from OpenLink chaps
16:32:31 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: I've added a UC
16:33:37 [mhausenblas]
Soeren: Got the impression that the nicotine dependencies UC needs some wordsmithing
16:34:21 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: one proposal from XXX with reasoning
16:35:48 [Soeren]
XXX is Li Ma from IBM China
16:36:09 [mhausenblas]
s/XXX/Li Ma from IBM China
16:37:02 [mhausenblas]
Soeren: maybe we need an enterprise UC (cia Kingsley?)
16:37:07 [mhausenblas]
s/cia/via
16:40:30 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:40:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:41:19 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: I'm comfortable with an corporate UC, Soeren may propose something there
16:41:48 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Soeren to propose a enterprise UC with input from OpenLink chaps
16:42:25 [mhausenblas]
s/a enterprise/an enterprise
16:42:30 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:42:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:42:56 [Ashok]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0014.html
16:44:34 [Ashok]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0002.html
16:47:19 [mhausenblas]
s/http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0002.html/http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Jan/0002.html comments re the deliverable document
16:47:30 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:47:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:48:39 [mhausenblas]
s/0002.html/0002.html comments re the deliverable document
16:48:42 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:48:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:51:31 [mhausenblas]
Orri: let's get it not too complicated, will limit numbers of possible implementation
16:51:58 [mhausenblas]
... we can not put the ETL stuff in detail in the charter anyway
16:52:10 [mhausenblas]
... but should leave some space for it
16:53:51 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask re http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/ReusableIdentifier
16:56:18 [mhausenblas]
ack me
16:56:18 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to ask re http://esw.w3.org/topic/Rdb2RdfXG/ReusableIdentifier
16:57:26 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I did not see a reference from the deliverable, yet
16:58:29 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: there is a reference but not to this
17:00:08 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I volunteer to turn the current draft into a proper XG report
17:00:22 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: will send over the file, good
17:00:36 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
17:00:43 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:00:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:01:02 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: thanks everybody, till next week
17:01:03 [Zakim]
-??P9
17:01:05 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
17:01:06 [Zakim]
-??P15
17:01:06 [Zakim]
-Soeren
17:01:08 [Zakim]
-??P0
17:01:10 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
17:01:11 [Zakim]
-??P8
17:01:12 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Eisenberg
17:01:17 [mhausenblas]
zakim, list attendees
17:01:17 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Ashok_Malhotra, Andrew_Eisenberg, mhausenblas, +49.322.222.0.aaaa, Soeren, +01212803aabb, iv_an_ru, +49.341.973.aacc
17:01:52 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
17:01:52 [Zakim]
INC_RDB2RDF()11:00AM has ended
17:01:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ashok_Malhotra, Andrew_Eisenberg, mhausenblas, +49.322.222.0.aaaa, Soeren, +01212803aabb, iv_an_ru, +49.341.973.aacc
17:02:09 [Ashok]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html Ashok
17:02:38 [mhausenblas]
zakim, bye
17:02:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #RDB2RDF
17:02:46 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-actions.rdf :
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ashok to fix minutes according to Ahmed's mail [1]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-11-47
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Satya to send mail to XG asking for a final review of the Literature Survey [2]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-15-40
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Axel to propose changes to Proposed Recommendation to use RIF (by X’mas) [3]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-17-21
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ashok to send Proposed Recommendation to XG [4]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-18-01
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Orri to send writeup on Ordnance Survey Usecase to XG [5]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-18-14
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Satya to produce a final version of the SOTA till 2009-01-16 [6]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-29-42
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Soeren to propose a enterprise UC with input from OpenLink chaps [7]
17:02:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/09-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-41-48