IRC log of bpwg on 2009-01-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #bpwg
14:51:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-irc
14:52:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:52:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #bpwg
14:52:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be BPWG
14:52:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_BPWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:52:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
14:52:04 [trackbot]
Date: 08 January 2009
14:52:07 [dom]
zakim, code?
14:52:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
14:54:03 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG()10:00AM has now started
14:54:10 [Zakim]
+ +0207881aaaa
14:54:17 [adam]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:54:17 [Zakim]
+adam; got it
14:56:37 [jo]
jo has joined #bpwg
14:56:57 [jo]
zakim, who is here?
14:56:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam
14:56:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jo, Zakim, RRSAgent, DKA, adam, francois, trackbot, dom
14:57:53 [jo]
zakim, code?
14:57:53 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jo
14:58:35 [Zakim]
+jo
14:59:01 [francois]
Regrets: DavidStorey, rob, BruceLawson, VicquiChan, SangwhanMoon, Bryan, Abel, nacho
14:59:41 [Zakim]
+Francois
14:59:50 [francois]
Regrets+ Kai
15:00:22 [Zakim]
+ +0774811aabb
15:00:34 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam, jo, Francois, +0774811aabb
15:00:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jo, Zakim, RRSAgent, DKA, adam, francois, trackbot, dom
15:00:36 [francois]
zakim, DKA
15:00:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'DKA', francois
15:00:41 [francois]
zakim, aabb is DKA
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+DKA; got it
15:01:43 [Zakim]
+??P15
15:01:51 [dom]
zakim, ??P15 is me
15:01:51 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:02:30 [DKA]
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/returnofthemobilestylesheet
15:02:54 [dom]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:02:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam, jo, Francois, DKA, dom
15:04:40 [DKA]
ScribeNick: adam
15:04:43 [DKA]
Scribe: Adam
15:05:38 [DKA]
Topic: Errata
15:05:45 [adam]
dom: Can we take a resolution to edit the MWBP errata, please?
15:05:51 [SeanP]
SeanP has joined #bpwg
15:06:05 [achuter]
achuter has joined #bpwg
15:06:29 [adam]
dom: Just need groups approval to add these comments to the errata page.
15:06:35 [francois]
s/dom/francois
15:06:46 [dom]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/
15:07:05 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009JanMar/0001.html First erratum
15:07:14 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009JanMar/0002.html Second erratum
15:07:33 [miguel]
miguel has joined #bpwg
15:07:54 [Zakim]
+??P31
15:08:07 [achuter]
zakim, ??P31 is me
15:08:07 [Zakim]
+achuter; got it
15:08:15 [achuter]
zakim, mute me
15:08:15 [Zakim]
achuter should now be muted
15:08:35 [dom]
trackbot, filter any resignation from jo
15:08:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, dom, I don't understand 'trackbot, filter any resignation from jo'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
15:08:41 [Zakim]
+[W3C-Spain]
15:08:56 [adam]
jo: will you acknowledge the comments when you update?
15:08:59 [adam]
francois: yes.
15:09:08 [adam]
dka: don't think we need a resolution, just go ahead.
15:09:14 [DKA]
No objections noted.
15:09:28 [Zakim]
+SeanP
15:09:31 [adam]
Topic: MWABP Status Update
15:09:57 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-mwabp-20081222/ Last published draft of MWABP
15:10:04 [adam]
dka: Got new draft out before the end of the year. Should lead to additional interest.
15:10:12 [adam]
dka: Further updates? Feedback ?
15:11:47 [jo]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090101 Jo's Comments on MWABP
15:11:57 [adam]
adam: I've received comments from Jo, but nothing else. Will fold in Jo's comments and wait for further comments (external or otherwise) before proceeding.
15:12:23 [adam]
jo: Comments are in the form of an updated draft. (Link inlined).
15:12:51 [adam]
Topic: CT Status (and merging calls)
15:13:08 [adam]
dka: Should we remerge CT task-force back into general BP work ?
15:13:19 [jo]
[fewer rather than less Dan]
15:13:42 [adam]
dka: I think this is a good thing: fewer calls, increased focus now we are in final stretch.
15:14:02 [adam]
dka: Both documents need to be finished up by end of June, btw.
15:14:41 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/BPWG-mergingcalls/results Questionnaire's results on merged call
15:15:10 [adam]
jo: CT doc awaits update from Jo, but it's coming really soon.
15:16:09 [adam]
jo: Key issues... question of HTTPS; wording around treating content apparently created for mobile.
15:16:48 [adam]
francois: Agree that merging calls would help drive these issues to conclusion in the larger group.
15:17:27 [adam]
jo: Yes, right time to merge calls and get group consensus.
15:17:45 [adam]
jo: On the subject of attendance, CT call tends to be well attended.
15:18:45 [adam]
dka: Not proposing that we demote CT task-force to not being a task-force... Just suggesting that we combine calls.
15:18:58 [adam]
francois: Not really sure there's a difference.
15:19:41 [adam]
francois: Should also move back to general mailing list to ensure everyone engages with discussion.
15:20:09 [jsmanrique]
jsmanrique has joined #bpwg
15:20:14 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls.
15:21:25 [adam]
dka: Proposal is also to move the main call to Tuesday (CT slot).
15:21:36 [adam]
jo: Has a conflict and can only make 1hr in that slot.
15:21:47 [adam]
dka: Suggest moving the Tuesday call 1hr earlier.
15:22:05 [dom]
so the proposal is Tuesday 2pm UTC, right?
15:22:06 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot an hour earlier on Tuesday at 14:00 UK.
15:22:52 [adam]
dka: Bryan might be adversely affected though. Because this will be early in the day for him.
15:23:47 [adam]
francois: Could we just move call to 2:30 instead ?
15:24:15 [dom]
no problem to start at 1/2h
15:24:43 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK.
15:24:58 [francois]
+1
15:25:02 [DKA]
+1
15:25:11 [achuter]
+1
15:25:12 [SeanP]
+1
15:25:13 [jo]
+1
15:25:27 [adam]
+1
15:25:28 [DKA]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.
15:25:31 [dom]
I'm a bit concerned about changing the schedules without asking more people...
15:25:37 [adam]
dka: To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.
15:25:49 [dom]
zakim, unmute me
15:25:49 [Zakim]
dom should no longer be muted
15:26:23 [DKA]
RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.
15:26:48 [dom]
+1
15:26:56 [jo]
+1 post facto
15:27:19 [adam]
RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.
15:28:08 [DKA]
Note: the call time is the only thing pending feedback. Everything else needs to be actioned.
15:28:20 [jo]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely capable Leadership of CT Task Force
15:29:39 [dom]
+1
15:29:40 [DKA]
+1
15:29:42 [SeanP]
+1
15:29:50 [adam]
RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely capable Leadership of CT Task Force
15:30:53 [adam]
Topic: Open Actions
15:31:24 [dom]
ACTION-882?
15:31:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-882 -- Daniel Appelquist to encourage people to answer the poll. -- due 2008-11-20 -- OPEN
15:31:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/882
15:31:29 [dom]
close ACTION-882
15:31:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-882 Encourage people to answer the poll. closed
15:32:06 [dom]
close ACTION-888
15:32:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-888 Be lucky :-) closed
15:33:04 [francois]
ACTION-890?
15:33:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-890 -- Eduardo Casais to provide a short definition of "pagination". -- due 2008-12-09 -- OPEN
15:33:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/890
15:33:13 [dom]
close ACTION-890
15:33:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-890 Provide a short definition of "pagination". closed
15:34:10 [dom]
close ACTION-874
15:34:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-874 Refine the wording on graceful degradation trimming and making more explicit the text closed
15:34:59 [dom]
I think this refers to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part
15:35:47 [dom]
ACTION-855: Bryan's contribution being http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part
15:35:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-855 Add an appendix on device info based on Bryan's contribution with a placeholder for additional device capabilities that are implied by the BP2 BPs. notes added
15:36:35 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingreview
15:36:46 [dom]
ACTION-786?
15:36:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-786 -- Jo Rabin to draft wording for an appendix that identifies the aggregators and operator roles that are different in the mobile ecosystem. -- due 2008-06-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:36:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786
15:37:36 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/att-0052/Mobile_Ecosystem.pdf Jo's contribution on the role of aggregators and operator
15:37:53 [dom]
ACTION-790?
15:37:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-790 -- Alan Chuter to produce some text around accessibility of Javascript for Web Application Best Practices -- due 2008-07-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:37:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790
15:38:08 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html Alan's contribution
15:38:34 [francois]
Regrets+ yeliz
15:38:44 [dom]
ACTION: Adam to review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html
15:38:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-894 - Review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html [on Adam Connors - due 2009-01-15].
15:38:48 [DKA]
RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.
15:39:23 [dom]
close ACTION-792
15:39:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-792 Propose some text on SVG closed
15:39:27 [dom]
ACTION-873?
15:39:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-873 -- Daniel Appelquist to provide some words on conservative use of resources -- due 2008-10-28 -- OPEN
15:39:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/873
15:39:32 [dom]
ACTION-837?
15:39:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:39:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837
15:40:04 [dom]
ACTION-857?
15:40:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-857 -- Alan Chuter to initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap) -- due 2008-10-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:40:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/857
15:40:11 [dom]
close ACTION-857
15:40:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-857 Initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap) closed
15:40:36 [dom]
ACTION-869?
15:40:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-869 -- Jo Rabin to review the mobileOK license in more details and send further questions to rigo -- due 2008-10-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:40:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/869
15:40:44 [dom]
Jo: no feedback from rigo
15:41:54 [adam]
ACTION-876?
15:41:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-876 -- Adam Connors to send to Jeff list of test cases that Jeff can inflict on a grad student. -- due 2008-10-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:41:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876
15:42:23 [adam]
dka: Reassign to Jeff since action is now pending some potential results from grad. student.
15:42:32 [adam]
ACTION-879?
15:42:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-879 -- Fran├žois Daoust to ask [someone] about adding IETF headers -- due 2008-11-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:42:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/879
15:43:42 [adam]
close ACTION-879
15:43:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-879 Ask [someone] about adding IETF headers closed
15:44:07 [adam]
Topic: F2F meetings
15:44:48 [adam]
dka: Last conversation last yr was to decide that we couldn't get good attendance for the Korean meeting due to budget constraints.
15:45:09 [adam]
dka: So we don't now have a plan for a near-term F2F.
15:45:51 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#GeneralMeetings Process document on F2F meetings: 8 weeks advance notice
15:46:13 [adam]
dka: 18th/19th March in Boston would work well for me.
15:46:33 [achuter]
That's Easter Week
15:47:32 [achuter]
zakim, unmute me
15:47:32 [Zakim]
achuter should no longer be muted
15:48:16 [adam]
achuter: Actually, maybe that isn't easter week.
15:48:24 [SeanP]
Easter is April 12, 2009
15:48:32 [dom]
zakim, mute achuter
15:48:32 [Zakim]
achuter should now be muted
15:48:54 [adam]
dka: We would need a host in any case.
15:49:29 [dom]
ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18
15:49:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-895 - Look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18 [on Daniel Appelquist - due 2009-01-15].
15:53:21 [adam]
dka: We will create a poll to confirm dates and also location.
15:53:43 [adam]
jo: We will also need to plan for a concluding F2F.
15:59:41 [achuter]
bye all
15:59:44 [Zakim]
-DKA
15:59:45 [miguel]
bye
15:59:46 [Zakim]
-jo
15:59:46 [Zakim]
-adam
15:59:47 [Zakim]
-dom
15:59:49 [Zakim]
-Francois
15:59:50 [Zakim]
-miguel
15:59:50 [miguel]
miguel has left #bpwg
15:59:51 [jsmanrique]
bye
15:59:54 [Zakim]
-SeanP
15:59:59 [Zakim]
-achuter
16:00:00 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG()10:00AM has ended
16:00:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0207881aaaa, adam, jo, Francois, +0774811aabb, DKA, dom, achuter, SeanP, miguel
16:01:08 [francois]
RRSAGent, draft minutes
16:01:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html francois
16:12:34 [DKA]
DKA has left #bpwg
16:24:17 [francois]
RRSAgent, bye
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-actions.rdf :
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Adam to review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html [1]
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-irc#T15-38-44
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18 [2]
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-irc#T15-49-29
16:24:22 [francois]
Zakim, bye
16:24:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #bpwg