IRC log of mwts on 2009-01-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:57:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-irc
15:57:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:57:57 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:58:00 [dom]
trackbot, bye
15:58:00 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #mwts
15:58:03 [dom]
Zakim, this will be MWTS
15:58:03 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, dom
15:58:07 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
15:58:07 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
15:58:15 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
15:58:18 [dom]
Regrets: Carmelo
15:58:41 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jan/0000.html
15:58:51 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
15:59:58 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P42
16:00:22 [hendry]
+??P42 is hendry
16:00:38 [Zakim]
+??P45
16:00:43 [dom]
zakim, ??P42 is hendry
16:00:43 [Zakim]
+hendry; got it
16:00:49 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:00:49 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:01:09 [Zakim]
+??P54
16:01:12 [hendry]
Zakim, status?
16:01:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, hendry.
16:01:18 [wilhelm]
Zakim, ??P45 is wilhelm
16:01:18 [Zakim]
+wilhelm; got it
16:01:20 [dom]
zakim, ??P54 is me
16:01:20 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
16:02:22 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
16:02:34 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to continue integrating his tests WTF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [PENDING]
16:02:55 [dom]
Kai: no progress; I was waiting on Robert to get back to me - he's looking at it now
16:03:10 [dom]
... not much progress in the past few weeks generally speaking
16:03:21 [dom]
... I'll try to work more on this
16:03:44 [dom]
Topic: Device independent testing guidelines
16:04:04 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [PENDING]
16:04:13 [dom]
Dom: will try to have something for next week - not absolute sure though
16:04:17 [hendry]
dom: don't forget to checkout http://dabase.com/guidelines.html :-)
16:04:24 [dom]
ACTION: Dmitiri to review the DI guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING]
16:04:35 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
16:04:49 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to push forward with finding a replacement for the inputmode test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING]
16:05:02 [dom]
Kai: still looking at it - I've asked around, but no good suggestions have come up so far
16:05:10 [dom]
ACTION: WIhelm to look into replacement for inputmode test
16:05:29 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to refactor the memory limitation test into something indicating the max memory [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
16:05:43 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Dec/0015.html Kai's proposed tests for testing memory limitations
16:05:51 [dom]
Kai: a bit rough, but reasonable enough
16:06:05 [dom]
... the newest phones (e.g. iphone, android) seem to fare quite well
16:06:18 [dom]
... not sure what the next steps should be there
16:06:36 [dom]
... probably worth mentioning in a blog post
16:06:45 [dom]
Wilhelm: I can put my devices on test in this
16:06:49 [dom]
... and then we can blog about it
16:07:05 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to run the memory test on his devices
16:07:24 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to run the memory test on his devices
16:07:38 [dom]
Wilhelm: we can follow up based on these results
16:07:46 [dom]
Topic: Blog
16:07:59 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to post an introductory message to the blog [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action12] [PENDING]
16:08:06 [dom]
Wilhelm: intend to do so tomorrow
16:08:17 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to put his draft blog post on MWTS blog [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mwts-minutes.html#action13] [DONE]
16:08:21 [Zakim]
+??P66
16:08:25 [dom]
Kai: I've a draft ready up there
16:08:31 [dom]
zakim, ??P66 is dmitri
16:08:31 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
16:08:43 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
16:08:55 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action16] [PENDING]
16:09:04 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action15] [PENDING]
16:09:39 [dom]
Topic: DI guidelines
16:09:54 [dom]
Dmitri: I have prepared some comments that I will send today
16:10:09 [dom]
... not quite sure about the intended scope of the document
16:10:23 [dom]
... is it only about conformance testing?
16:10:39 [dom]
... for user agents?
16:10:53 [dom]
Wilhelm: I think that's the main use case we are considering, indeed
16:11:00 [dom]
... with a pass/fail result
16:11:56 [dom]
Dmitri: I'll send my comments - I think the document will need some rewrite [?]
16:12:25 [dom]
... I'll explain in further details my understanding of the document
16:13:44 [dom]
[adjourned]
16:13:46 [Zakim]
-hendry
16:13:47 [Zakim]
-wilhelm
16:13:49 [Zakim]
-dom
16:13:49 [Zakim]
-dmitri
16:13:49 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:13:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were hendry, wilhelm, dom, dmitri
16:14:00 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:14:06 [dom]
RRSagent, draft minutes
16:14:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-mwts-minutes.html dom