This document includes information about the XML Binding Language aka XBL.
This document is a Living Document and as such will change. Members of WebApps are encouraged to edit (e.g. to update, correct, etc.) the information in this document and people without a W3C account are encouraged to send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XBL specifications include (in no particular order):
- XBL2-cutdown; Editor's Draft last updated 3-Sep-2010. Includes many changes from the 2007 Candidate Recommendation. Not clear if there is any implementor support for this
- XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0, Candidate Recommendation; published 16-March-2007. Some XForms implementation work has been reported
- SVG's XML Binding Language (sXBL), Working Draft; published 15-Aug-2005 by SVG WG. First attempt at a standard XBL, aimed mainly at SVG; attempt halted because the implementors and users wanted XPointer and the editor wanted Selectors). Lots of interest at SVG Open three or four years ago, probably none now.
- XBL - XML Binding Language, W3C Note; by David Hyatt (AOL); published 23-Feb-2001
- Mozilla and XBL2 Candidate; status by Jonas Sicking 5-May-2010
- XForms and XBL2 Candidate; XForms implementation data from Leigh Klotz 22-Sep-2010
- XSmiles XBL2 Candidate; XSmiles.org
- Component Model Use Cases; Dimitry Glazkov (WHATWG)
Discussion threads about XBL2 (newer threads listed first):
- XBL Discussions by the HCG; minutes from Hypertext Coordination Group's 12-Feb-2011 call
- What is Happening with XBL?; thread started on 24-Jan-2011 (public-webapps)
- Rename XBL2 to something without X, B, or L?; Dimitri Glazkov 14-Dec-2010 on public-webapps
- XBL2: First Thoughts and Use Cases; Dimitri Glazkov 10-Dec-2010 on public-webapps
- XBL2-cutdown announced; Ian Hickson (XBL2 Editor) announces (public-webapps) major changes in the Editor's Draft of the XBL2 Candidate (3-Sep-2010)