The document enumerates the set of the specifications that constitute the Web Application WG's Widgets Family of Specifications.
The following normative specifications have been formally published by the W3C at least once. See Widgets Publication Status for the publication status of these specifications as well as a link to the Latest Editor's Draft for each specifications:
- Widget Packaging and XML Configuration (aka P&C) - this specification (aka P&C spec) standardizes a packaging format and configuration format for widgets.
- Widget Interface (aka TWI) - this specification defines APIs to store preferences and access widget package metadata.
- XML Digital Signatures for Widgets (aka DigSig) - this specification defines a means for widget packages to be digitally signed using a custom profile of the XML-Signature Syntax and Processing Specification.
- Widget Updates - this specification defines a version control model that allows widgets to be kept up-to-date over HTTP.
- Widget Access Request Policy (WARP) - this specification defines a means to request access to URI-identifiable resources (e.g. resources on the Web).
- The 'view-mode' Media Feature - this specification (aka VMMF) defines a media feature (CSS Media Query) related to the presentation mode of the document's content.
Non-normative (Informative) Specifications
The following non-normative specifications have been formally published by the W3C at least once (see Widgets Publication Status for the publication status of these specifications as well as a link to the Editor's Edition of these specifications):
- Widget URI scheme - this specification defines a URI scheme for use inside widgets or other such applications of web technology that do not run on the Web.
- Requirement For Standardizing Widgets - this document lists the design goals and requirements that specifications would need to address in order to standardize various aspects of widgets.
- Widgets 1.0: The Widget Landscape - this document surveys a group of market-leading widget user agents with the aim to inform the requirements of the Widgets 1.0: Requirements document.
Documents with NO Publication Plans
The following documents are Works In Progress. They have not yet been formally published and there is currently NO plan to formally publish them:
- Widgets 1.0: View Modes Interfaces - this specification defines a Document Object Model interface for querying the CSS media type and features that are applied to any particular document in any particular state.