Difference between revisions of "Testing"
m (Updates to reflect move to http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Submitting_tests)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This ' Testing wikiinformation about a test, the and .
Comments on this document are welcome and should be submitted to the WG's <code>[mailto:email@example.com public-webapps-testsuite]</code> e-mail list ([http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps-testsuite/ archive]).
Revision as of 16:31, 17 May 2013
This document contains some general information about WebApps' testing effort. See WebApps' GitHub Testing wiki for information about how to Submit a test, the review and approval workflow, etc.
Goals of the Testing Process
The high-level goals for the WG's testing efforts include:
- Use a light-weight, asynchronous participation model that is consistent with the WG's WorkMode practices
- Use explicit Calls for Consensus (CfC) to determine the level of support for specific questions, issues etc. (For instance, a CfC to Approve test cases X, Y and Z for spec A)
- Each spec should have its own test suite
- Test suites should use a consistent directory structure and consistent processes (e.g. submission and approval)
- It should be possible for a test suite to re-use part(s) of another test suite
- Test suites should use processes that are consistent (as much as possible) with other closely related WGs such as the HTML WG
- The status of a test suite (e.g. all tests formally Approved by the WG, test cases A,B,C approved by WebApps' testing group, no test cases approved, etc.) should be clear
The WG uses GitHub as described in WebApps' GitHub Testing wiki.
WebApps Testing Resources
- The test Submission and Approval workflows are described in WebApp's GitHub Testing wiki.
- Harness - describes the test harness used by the test suites
firstname.lastname@example.org- WebApps' testing mail list used to discuss test cases, announce new test contributions, announce CfCs to review and approve tests, etc.
- Testing Infrastructure Requirements; defines the requirements for the WG's testing infrastructure
Other Testing Resources at the W3C
- Policies for Contribution of Test Cases to W3C
- Licenses for W3C Test Suites
- Test Development FAQ
- W3C Quality Assurance Library
- Inventory of W3C Test Suites; aka "The QA Matrix"
- Requirements for HTML Testing Harnerss; by James Graham 20-Apr-2010
- Reference Tests (aka RefTests): see RefTests by the CSS WG and Creating reftest-based unit tests by Mozilla