State of the Art/SelfDescribingWeb
From Media Fragments Working Group Wiki
The Self-Describing Web
- self-descriptive: in order to support ad-hoc exploration users must be able to get useful information from documents prepared by people whom they don't know, and with whom they have not coordinated in advance.
- baseline: Web standard retrieval algorithm
- how can new formats/encodings be deployed in a self-descriptive way?
- Web of Data (RDF, RDFa, GRDDL, etc.): representations provided in RDF contribute to the self-describing Web
- our work should be aligned with the TAG finding 'The Self-Describing Web'
- wherever possible we should use HTTP URIs (see also linked data)
- we should use RDF-based descriptions for the automated interpretation (discovery, usage, etc.) of the spatio-temporal resources (see also POWDER, UMBEL, voiD, etc.)