ISSUE-19: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself

parsing

Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself

State:
CLOSED
Product:
Raised by:
Philip Jägenstedt
Opened on:
2010-07-05
Description:
MF parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself, meeting these conditions:

1. should handle all valid productions of the ABNF syntax correctly and, where necessary, input which is not valid per the syntax.

2. must be forward-compatible, so that future extensions to MF do not break existing MF parsers. (Compare to how new HTML elements and attributes or CSS properties degrade in implementations that don't understand them.)

3. should match as closely as possible how query components on the form a=1&b=2 are parsed by existing server-side software (e.g. ASP, PHP, JSP, Perl CGI)
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. Re: Resolving ISSUE-19 (from raphael.troncy@cwi.nl on 2011-03-15)
  2. Re: Resolving ISSUE-19 (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-02-17)
  3. Re: Resolving ISSUE-19 (from philipj@opera.com on 2011-02-17)
  4. Re: Resolving ISSUE-19 (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-02-17)
  5. Resolving ISSUE-19 (from philipj@opera.com on 2011-02-16)
  6. Minutes of 2011-02-16 teleconference (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2011-02-16)
  7. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 February, Telecon 1000 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-02-16)
  8. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 February, Telecon 1000 UTC (from tsteiner@google.com on 2011-02-15)
  9. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 February, Telecon 1000 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2011-02-15)
  10. Minutes of 2011-02-02 teleconference (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2011-02-02)
  11. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 02 February, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-02-01)
  12. RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from Franck.Denoual@crf.canon.fr on 2011-01-27)
  13. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-01-26)
  14. RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from davy.vandeursen@ugent.be on 2011-01-26)
  15. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-01-26)
  16. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl on 2011-01-25)
  17. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2011-01-25)
  18. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-01-25)
  19. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 19 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from n-shiraishi@bq.jp.nec.com on 2011-01-19)
  20. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 19 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from tomac@google.com on 2011-01-19)
  21. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 19 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-01-19)
  22. minutes of 2011-01-12 teleconference (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-01-12)
  23. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 12 January, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2011-01-12)
  24. Re: ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19 (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-12-15)
  25. Re: ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19 (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-12-15)
  26. Re: ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19 (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-15)
  27. Re: ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19 (from ylafon@w3.org on 2010-12-15)
  28. ACTION-199, ACTION-200 and ISSUE-19 (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-15)
  29. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from tomac@google.com on 2010-12-14)
  30. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-14)
  31. Re: minutes of 2010-12-08 teleconference (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-12-11)
  32. Re: minutes of 2010-12-08 teleconference (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-10)
  33. Re: minutes of 2010-12-08 teleconference (from tomac@google.com on 2010-12-09)
  34. minutes of 2010-12-08 teleconference (from davy.vandeursen@ugent.be on 2010-12-09)
  35. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-12-08)
  36. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-07)
  37. minutes of 2010-12-01 teleconference (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-12-01)
  38. RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from davy.vandeursen@ugent.be on 2010-11-30)
  39. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 December, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-11-30)
  40. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 November, Telecon 1000 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2010-11-24)
  41. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 November, Telecon 1000 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2010-11-24)
  42. minutes of 2010-11-17 teleconference (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-11-24)
  43. RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 November, Telecon 1000 UTC (from davy.vandeursen@ugent.be on 2010-11-24)
  44. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 November, Telecon 1000 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-11-23)
  45. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 17 November, Telecon 1000 UTC (with Agenda) (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-11-17)
  46. Re: Re: on grammars and parsing algorithm (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-11-05)
  47. Fwd: Re: on grammars and parsing algorithm (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-11-04)
  48. Moving forward on ISSUE-19 (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-11-04)
  49. Re: ACTION-187: extensibility and parsing (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-10-21)
  50. Re: ACTION-187: extensibility and parsing (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-10-20)
  51. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 20 October, Telecon 0900 UTC (from ylafon@w3.org on 2010-10-20)
  52. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 20 October, Telecon 0900 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2010-10-20)
  53. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 20 October, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-10-20)
  54. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 06 October, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-10-05)
  55. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from tmichel@w3.org on 2010-09-29)
  56. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-09-29)
  57. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-09-29)
  58. minutes of 2010-09-22 teleconference (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-09-22)
  59. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 22 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-09-22)
  60. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 22 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-09-21)
  61. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from erik.mannens@ugent.be on 2010-09-14)
  62. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2010-09-14)
  63. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-09-14)
  64. Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from philipj@opera.com on 2010-09-08)
  65. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 September, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-09-07)
  66. Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 07 July, Telecon 0900 UTC (from raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr on 2010-07-05)
  67. ISSUE-19 (parsing): Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2010-07-05)

Related notes:

As per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Feb/0015.html

Raphaël Troncy, 15 Mar 2011, 20:02:00

Display change log ATOM feed


Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@eurecom.fr>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, Chairs, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>, Staff Contacts
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $