From Media Annotations Working Group Wiki
The tagging use case is motivated by the fact that users tag different resource types on different plattforms, but cannot exchange or reuse "their" tags across these plattforms. Further a personal folksnomy (personomy) mainted on a desktop computer cannot be reuse online and vice versa. The authors discuss a solution to this problem by representing a personomy using SKOS Core which then can be exchanged between systems or hosted by a central service provider.
More information about the tagging use case can be found in the MMSEM XG Interoperability deliverable.
- Multimedia Semantics XG, http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/
- Multimedia Annotation Interoperability Framework, W3C Incubator Group Editor's Draft 14 August 2007, http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-interoperability/
- The tagging use case, http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-interoperability/#tagging
- Multimedia Vocabularies on the Semantic Web, W3C Incubator Group Report 24 July 2007, http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-vocabularies-20070724/
- SKOS Core, http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide