Agenda Workshop Ericsson
[ February 17 (09:00 - 17:30) ], Ericsson, 200 Holger Way SAN JOSE CA 95134
- 09:00 - 09:30 Welcome and Introduction: J. Söderberg and M. Svensson (Ericsson)
- 09:30 - 10:30 Presentation "Social Web", M. Svensson
- 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 - 11:30 EBU Presentation J.P. Evian
- 11:30 - 12:00 Presentation and Demo, "Standardization of cross-domain metadata", J. Söderberg, W. Bailer and W. Lee (W3C Media Annotations WG)
- 12:00 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 15:00 Session I. Select interesting problems , future directions and common topics for: Multimedia Information Retrieval, v2 of W3C Media Annotations WG and their relation to the social-web.
- 15:00 - 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30 - 17:00 Session II. Answer questions, summarize and edit notes.
- 17:00 - Adjourn
 Candidate problems:
- metadata for live streams and their integration in social media applications (currently all this focuses a lot on stored content, there are just a few sites supporting live streams)
- collaborative media annotation and search
- delivery of hybrid media content (cf HbbTV) to mobile devices
- Information and data models for representing users, context, and services
- Mechanisms for mapping between and integrating data and services
- Ontologies for representing and reasoning about social information
- Context-awareness, and how knowledge and functionality is managed as context changes
- Social data, device, network and services discovery
- How current and future standards can help realize new social networks and services?