From Mobile Web For Social Development (MW4D)
Revision as of 20:13, 23 February 2010 by Jean-gui
Emerging Market Handsets
This section gathers information about handsets targeted at developing countries.
- Beyond Subscriptions: Actual Ownership, Use and Non-Use of Mobiles in Developing Countries
- The Size of the Mobile Industry in 2009 - short overview of major stats
March 31 2009
- Africa Mobile Fact Book 2008
Some facts about Africa Mobile information (infrastructure, handsets,...)
- Admobs Mobile Metrics Report
Report about mobile traffic in different regions of the World. Notably Traffic, Manufacturers and Devices for Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt, Tanzania, Philippines, South Africa, India and Indonesia
- Vodafone annoucement for Vodafone branded emerging markets phones
- Nokia Emerging Market Product Line
- Motorola C113 and c113a
- GSMA Emerging Marking Handset Program
- Rwanda gets locally made handsets
A Chinese electronics company, has unveiled its first mobile phone handsets manufactured in Rwanda. This makes Rwanda the first country in the region to sell locally manufactured mobile phones.
- Nokia Brings the Web to Emerging Markets by Jack Ewing
November 2008 "Its $50 mobile phones could be winners in offering Internet access to Indian farmers and millions of others"