From Mobile Web For Social Development (MW4D)
This document will focus specifically on m-services related to Agriculture.
To be completed and organized.
- The impact of mobiles on agricultural productivity
Vodafone Report - Jan 2009
Initiative for agriculture in the regions bordering the Sahara
- Colombian coffee growers using IVR
- Android in the Bush
- List of references provided by Fara (Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa)
- The Digital Provide: Information (technology), Market, Performance, and Welfare in the south Indian Fisheries Sector
A paper describing the impact of the use of a mobile based service for fishermen in Kerala
- Livelihood Changes Enabled by Mobile Phones-the case of Tanzanian fishermen
A story about the impact of mobile phones for tanzanian fishermen
- Market Intelligence: How Mobiles are Helping Farmers and Fishermen
A video presenting diverse use case in Kenya and India
- Trade at Hand
An ITC project which objective is to make innovative use of mobile phones to empower exporters from developing economies. It started by delivering international fruit and vegetable market quotes by SMS. Other business applications are being built, such as a mobile marketplace for Liberian farmers and marketers.
MISTOWA was an USAID-initiated project to increase regional agricultural trade and food security by improving and linking the regional efforts to generate, disseminate (including by SMS), and make commercial use of market information.
The Kenya Agricultural Commodity Exchange (KACE) provides crop growers with up-to-date commodity information - farmers can access daily fruit and vegetable prices from a dozen markets through SMS.
- Grameen phone Application Lab
- e-agriculture forum on Mobile Telephony in Rural Areas Novembe 4 2008
- Inventory of Innovative Farmer Advisory Services using ICTs
Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
- List of Mobile Market Place Projects in Developing Regions
- Replacing PCs with Mobile Phones in a Rural Sugarcane Cooperative
Veeraraghavan, R.; Yasodhar, N.; Toyama, K.
- Digital Green
successful adaption of “P2P” video content to agricultural extension/training in India
- Mobile use and agricultural markets: new study from Uganda
This post from J. donner research blog includes hos specific comments on how a recent study by Muto both expands and bounds our understanding from the Jensen Kerala fish case
- [http://knol.google.com/k/jorge-luis-alonso-g/empleo-efectivo-de-mensajes-de-texto/dtpu6rmsvefd/1?domain=knol.google.com&locale=en# Empleo efectivo de mensajes de texto (SMS) para mejorar la comercialización de productos agrícolas de pequeños productores) - in spanish
Jorge Luis Alonso G.