IRC log of i18nits on 2008-12-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:54:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18nits
15:54:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc
15:54:50 [YvesS]
akim, list conferences
15:54:54 [YvesS]
zakim, list conferences
15:54:55 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
15:54:56 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are MWI_BPWG(CTTF)10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, WS_DBWG()10:00AM, IA_Team()10:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM,
15:54:59 [Zakim]
... SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM, MWI_TSWG()11:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, INC_RWAB()11:00AM
15:55:16 [YvesS]
zakim, this will be I18N_ITS
15:55:16 [Zakim]
ok, YvesS; I see I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
15:56:04 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18nits
15:57:15 [fsasaki]
meeting: i18n ITS IG
15:57:16 [fsasaki]
chair: Yves
15:57:23 [fsasaki]
scribe: fsasaki
15:57:39 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0012.html
15:57:43 [YvesS]
Hi Felix, we have regrets from Camille
15:58:03 [fsasaki]
regrets: Camille
15:59:32 [Zakim]
I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM has now started
15:59:39 [Zakim]
+Yves_Savourel
15:59:45 [Zakim]
+Felix
15:59:51 [chrLi]
chrLi has joined #i18nits
16:00:25 [Zakim]
+[SAP]
16:00:43 [fsasaki]
present: Christian, Yves, Felix
16:01:45 [Jirka2]
Jirka2 has joined #i18nits
16:01:51 [fsasaki]
present+ Jirka
16:03:07 [YvesS]
zakim, who is there?
16:03:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, YvesS.
16:03:11 [Zakim]
+ +420.4.811.2.aaaa
16:03:43 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications
16:03:58 [fsasaki]
ACTION - Yves to look at UIML (Oasis) pending
16:03:58 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - -
16:04:13 [fsasaki]
ACTION - Rodolfo to look at XUL - pending
16:04:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - -
16:04:32 [fsasaki]
Yves: SML Feedback, topic is resolved
16:04:35 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Nov/0008.html
16:05:22 [fsasaki]
Action Felix to look at WebCGM 2.1 - pending
16:05:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-87 - Look at WebCGM 2.1 - pending [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-30].
16:05:37 [fsasaki]
Yves to look at POWDER
16:05:39 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0003.html
16:06:49 [fsasaki]
Yves: POWDER works on integrating my ITS rules file in the spec
16:06:55 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call
16:08:15 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to review widget spec
16:08:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-88 - Review widget spec [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-30].
16:08:47 [fsasaki]
Jirka: widget spec uses already its:dir
16:09:33 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to look at OWL
16:09:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-89 - Look at OWL [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-30].
16:11:05 [fsasaki]
Christian: did we had a look at TBX in its ISO version?
16:11:15 [fsasaki]
.. not sure what the ISO draft says about ITS data categories
16:11:29 [fsasaki]
Yves: haven't looked at it for a long time
16:11:43 [fsasaki]
Christian describes TBX
16:12:27 [fsasaki]
Christian: TBX has transition from LISA to ISO, not sure about the changes happening and if ITS is being covered
16:12:49 [fsasaki]
Yves: where to find the current draft?
16:13:17 [fsasaki]
action: Yves to call Kara Warburton asking for the latest ISO draft
16:13:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-90 - Call Kara Warburton asking for the latest ISO draft [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-12-30].
16:13:56 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS rules repository
16:14:13 [fsasaki]
action Jirka to edit the rules for OOXML
16:14:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-91 - Edit the rules for OOXML [on Jirka Kosek - due 2008-12-30].
16:14:22 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/OOXML10
16:14:25 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-91
16:14:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-91 Edit the rules for OOXML closed
16:15:12 [fsasaki]
Yves: I'll try to this with a test file
16:15:37 [fsasaki]
Yves to continue working on the rules for ODF
16:15:45 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10
16:15:50 [fsasaki]
Yves: not finished yet
16:15:54 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ODF10
16:16:32 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/POWDER
16:17:22 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Processor API
16:17:37 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0007.html
16:18:08 [fsasaki]
Yves: made some changes, like how to access attribute
16:18:54 [fsasaki]
.. currently this implements translate and directionality
16:19:10 [fsasaki]
.. decoration is still not changed from user data to attribute
16:20:19 [fsasaki]
Christian: processor implements translate and directionality, following http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Processor_Interface ?
16:20:21 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes
16:20:55 [fsasaki]
.. please have a look and see what could be improved
16:21:41 [fsasaki]
.. main issue if you implement a full decoration or not. Currently I do like this: everything which is inherited is not being decorated
16:21:50 [fsasaki]
.. so you have to walk the tree
16:23:13 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS XSLT processor
16:23:47 [fsasaki]
AI Felix to look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon - can be dropped
16:24:28 [fsasaki]
AI Felix to follow up with Syd comments, and with Bryan and XML+ITS->XLIFF - pending
16:24:55 [fsasaki]
Christian: maybe ping Bryan again?
16:24:58 [fsasaki]
Felix: will do
16:25:51 [fsasaki]
Christian: include proposal for call with Bryan
16:26:14 [fsasaki]
AI Rodolfo to try look at the xslt decorator - pending
16:27:51 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator
16:28:09 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_General_Decorator#Create_your_own_data_categories
16:29:57 [fsasaki]
Felix: general decorator, for testing etc.
16:30:18 [fsasaki]
Christian: question: danger in having separate development tracks
16:30:32 [fsasaki]
.. hard to see status of implementations, interop
16:30:59 [fsasaki]
.. will translate decorator be decrepacated?
16:31:27 [fsasaki]
Felix: agree, how to implement deprecation?
16:31:52 [fsasaki]
Christian: adding cross references to wiki pages for general and translate decorator
16:32:46 [fsasaki]
Yves: agree, make ITS processing wiki page more clear
16:33:46 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS General issues
16:34:02 [fsasaki]
AI Felix to check what URI to use for ITS extensions
16:34:06 [fsasaki]
done
16:34:21 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Dec/0013.html
16:34:33 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions
16:34:37 [fsasaki]
Yves: is above NS OK?
16:35:39 [fsasaki]
Christian: purpose is to put things which may be extensions of future ITS?
16:35:42 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes
16:37:41 [fsasaki]
agreement to publish new namespace
16:38:42 [fsasaki]
now public: http://www.w3.org/2008/12/its-extensions
16:38:56 [fsasaki]
AI Ingo to draft a proposal for the context - pending
16:39:04 [fsasaki]
topic: language code issue
16:39:18 [fsasaki]
Yves: hard to define rule file which has not hard coded language code
16:39:56 [fsasaki]
.. need a kind of variable
16:40:26 [fsasaki]
.. e.g. "translate nothing except the text element with the element that has the attribute xml:lang='en'"
16:41:01 [fsasaki]
Jirka: you can have a separate XML document, to have the language codes as parameters
16:41:08 [fsasaki]
Yves: interesting idea, I'll try
16:41:24 [fsasaki]
s/parameters/parameters for XPath/
16:41:38 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Streaming processor
16:42:39 [fsasaki]
Yves: seems no real way for complex XPath expressions streaming
16:43:22 [fsasaki]
action: Yves to start cleaning up the wiki
16:43:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-92 - Start cleaning up the wiki [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-12-30].
16:43:50 [fsasaki]
AI Felix to create a wiki page with overview of work items - dropped
16:43:53 [fsasaki]
topic: AOB
16:44:00 [fsasaki]
Yves: have a great holiday!
16:44:19 [Zakim]
-Christian
16:44:20 [Zakim]
-Yves_Savourel
16:44:21 [Zakim]
-Jirka
16:44:23 [Zakim]
I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM has ended
16:44:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were Yves_Savourel, Felix, [SAP], Christian, +420.4.811.2.aaaa, Jirka
16:44:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-minutes.html fsasaki
16:44:55 [Jirka2]
Jirka2 has left #i18nits
16:46:59 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, bye
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-actions.rdf :
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to review widget spec [1]
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc#T16-08-15
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to look at OWL [2]
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc#T16-09-33
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to call Kara Warburton asking for the latest ISO draft [3]
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc#T16-13-17
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to start cleaning up the wiki [4]
16:46:59 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/23-i18nits-irc#T16-43-22
16:47:01 [fsasaki]
zakim, bye
16:47:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18nits