IRC log of sml on 2008-12-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:56:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
18:56:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc
18:57:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sml
18:59:01 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has joined #sml
18:59:11 [lencharest]
zakim, this will be XML_SMLWG
18:59:11 [Zakim]
ok, lencharest; I see XML_SMLWG()2:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
19:01:07 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has now started
19:01:14 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.896.aaaa
19:01:35 [Zakim]
+johnarwe_
19:01:49 [johnarwe_]
zakim, aaaa is len
19:01:49 [Zakim]
+len; got it
19:02:55 [Zakim]
+Kirk
19:03:16 [lencharest]
scribe: Len Charest
19:03:23 [lencharest]
scribeNick: lencharest
19:03:43 [lencharest]
meeting: SML WG Teleconference
19:04:29 [Kirk_]
Kirk_ has joined #sml
19:04:37 [lencharest]
chair: John
19:04:46 [johnarwe_]
does msm have power, and/or will he be joining us?
19:06:25 [lencharest]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Dec/0031.html
19:06:47 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Dec/att-0030/20081211-sml-minutes.html
19:06:56 [lencharest]
Topic: Approval of minutes from Dec 11
19:08:06 [lencharest]
Resolution: Minutes approved
19:08:16 [lencharest]
Topic: Action 208
19:10:04 [lencharest]
John: Action is complete, will be closed
19:10:43 [lencharest]
Regrets: Sandy, Ginny
19:10:56 [MSM]
zakim, please call MSM-617
19:10:56 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; the call is being made
19:10:58 [Zakim]
+MSM
19:11:04 [MSM]
zakim, drop me
19:11:04 [Zakim]
MSM is being disconnected
19:11:05 [Zakim]
-MSM
19:11:30 [MSM]
zakim, please call MSM-617
19:11:30 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; the call is being made
19:11:32 [Zakim]
+MSM
19:11:44 [MSM]
zakim, who's here?
19:11:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see len, johnarwe_, Kirk, MSM
19:11:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Kirk_, johnarwe_, Zakim, RRSAgent, lencharest, MSM, trackbot
19:11:56 [lencharest]
Topic: Action 209
19:18:18 [lencharest]
MSM: W3 auto-generated namespace docs for the old/obsolete SML-related namespaces
19:19:30 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Dec/0038.html
19:19:42 [lencharest]
MSM: Propose adding text to the auto-generated namespace docs declaring the namespaces to be obsolete/superseded
19:20:07 [johnarwe_]
near the end, starting with NB, is an indented draft for "superseded"\
19:22:31 [lencharest]
RESOLUTION: Update the old namespace docs with text similar to that in the above referenced mail message
19:22:58 [lencharest]
ACTION: MSM to draft updates to old namespace docs
19:22:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-210 - Draft updates to old namespace docs [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-12-25].
19:26:38 [lencharest]
John: Propose updating current namespace docs to contain the text that the WG agreed to
19:26:48 [MSM]
I see that strictly speaking what Kumar drafted was a 'namespace policy'. So perhaps the best action is to add the approved namespace policy to the current ns documents.
19:27:04 [MSM]
draft policy provided 17 November at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/0034.html
19:27:48 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/ns/sml.html
19:28:00 [MSM]
http://www.w3.org/ns/sml
19:28:05 [MSM]
also resolves
19:31:56 [lencharest]
RESOLUTION: Update the current namespace docs by appending the text re namespace policy that the WG has already approved
19:32:40 [johnarwe_]
note: append was used in the colloquial sense of "incorporate", not the lteral programmer sense
19:33:07 [lencharest]
RESOLUTION: Update the current namespace docs to accurately reflect the location of schema documents
19:33:32 [lencharest]
ACTION: MSM to update the current namespace docs by appending the text re namespace policy that the WG has already approved
19:33:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-211 - Update the current namespace docs by appending the text re namespace policy that the WG has already approved [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-12-25].
19:33:51 [lencharest]
ACTION: MSM to update the current namespace docs to accurately reflect the location of schema documents
19:33:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-212 - Update the current namespace docs to accurately reflect the location of schema documents [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-12-25].
19:34:11 [lencharest]
John: Closing action 209
19:35:06 [lencharest]
Topic: EPR ref scheme note
19:35:28 [lencharest]
Kirk: Completed filling in bib reference info
19:35:36 [lencharest]
... but having trouble with CVS
19:36:08 [lencharest]
Len: Agrees to check in doc on behalf of Kirk
19:36:41 [lencharest]
John: How will you convert Word doc to HTML?
19:39:13 [lencharest]
Len: "Save as filtered HTML" in Word
19:39:36 [lencharest]
MSM: Post-editing may be required to satisfy pubrules
19:43:16 [lencharest]
Len: Volunteer to perform necessary post-conversion editing on both notes to satisfy pubrules
19:43:40 [lencharest]
John: Do we want to review Word version of notes before conversion and editing?
19:44:15 [lencharest]
Kirk: Propose that we perform conversion without additional review, will review HTML versions
19:44:53 [lencharest]
RESOLUTION: Perform conversion of notes without additional review, will review HTML versions
19:45:16 [lencharest]
ACTION: lencharest to convert notes to HTML and satisfy pubrules
19:45:16 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - lencharest
19:45:29 [lencharest]
ACTION: Len to convert notes to HTML and satisfy pubrules
19:45:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-213 - Convert notes to HTML and satisfy pubrules [on Len Charest - due 2008-12-25].
19:45:45 [lencharest]
rrsagent, create minutes
19:45:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-minutes.html lencharest
19:47:03 [lencharest]
Topic: Bug 5492
19:50:02 [lencharest]
No resolution
19:51:21 [lencharest]
Topic: Prescribed behavior of SML-IF with no schema docs included
19:52:21 [lencharest]
COSMOS has interpreted the spec contrary to the intent of the WG
19:52:32 [lencharest]
Conclusion: text is not clear
19:52:50 [lencharest]
s/clear/ambiguous/
19:53:09 [lencharest]
John: Shall we draft new text to clarify the issue?
19:53:51 [lencharest]
RESOLUTION: Add text to the SML-IF spec to clarify WG intent around this issue
19:55:49 [lencharest]
Topic: Test case revisions
19:56:19 [lencharest]
s/not ambiguous/ambiguous/
19:57:41 [lencharest]
Topic: Cell formulas in feature-test-map sheet of XSLX spreadsheet
19:59:09 [lencharest]
Ginny suggests that the cell formulas on the feature-test-map are incorrect.
19:59:45 [lencharest]
Len: I looked at it, but I'm not the Excel guru you're looking for
20:00:03 [lencharest]
John: Suggest asking Pratul for assistance
20:00:21 [johnarwe_]
sample impl reports... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Dec/0032.html
20:00:24 [lencharest]
Topic: Feedback on draft implementation report
20:06:25 [lencharest]
John: Looking at the content of the Feature Name column in SMLFeatureImplementationReport.html, it appears that some decisions from previous WG meetings have not yet been incorporated into the spreadsheet
20:07:35 [lencharest]
Len: Volunteers to grovel the minutes and make the appropriate updates to the spreadsheet
20:08:58 [lencharest]
rrsagent, make log public
20:09:08 [lencharest]
rrsagent, draft minutes
20:09:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-minutes.html lencharest
20:15:57 [lencharest]
John: SMLTestCaseImplementationResults.html reveals some inconsistencies in the spreadsheet
20:17:20 [lencharest]
John: Need consensus on rows where expected result is missing or inconsistent
20:21:03 [lencharest]
John: Also need to express multiple primary features in such a way that spreadsheet<->XML roundtrippin is preserved
20:21:27 [lencharest]
... or drop XSLX in favor of XML version of data
20:21:48 [lencharest]
s/roundtrippin/round-tripping/
20:23:32 [lencharest]
Topic: Next meeting
20:23:53 [Zakim]
-MSM
20:23:54 [lencharest]
John: WG is in recess for 2 weeks
20:23:56 [Zakim]
-johnarwe_
20:24:00 [Zakim]
-Kirk
20:24:02 [johnarwe_]
s/2/3/\
20:24:09 [Zakim]
-len
20:24:11 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has ended
20:24:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.425.896.aaaa, johnarwe_, len, Kirk, MSM
20:24:19 [johnarwe_]
3 weeks to jan 8, since jan 1 is a holiday for virtually all in us
20:24:21 [lencharest]
rrsagent, draft minutes
20:24:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-minutes.html lencharest
20:41:07 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has left #sml
21:32:57 [lencharest]
rrsagent, bye
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-actions.rdf :
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MSM to draft updates to old namespace docs [1]
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc#T19-22-58
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MSM to update the current namespace docs by appending the text re namespace policy that the WG has already approved [2]
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc#T19-33-32
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MSM to update the current namespace docs to accurately reflect the location of schema documents [3]
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc#T19-33-51
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: lencharest to convert notes to HTML and satisfy pubrules [4]
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc#T19-45-16
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Len to convert notes to HTML and satisfy pubrules [5]
21:32:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-sml-irc#T19-45-29