IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-12-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:28:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
13:28:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-tsdtf-irc
13:28:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:28:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
13:28:37 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 8783
13:28:37 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:28:38 [trackbot]
Meeting: Test Samples Development Task Force Teleconference
13:28:38 [trackbot]
Date: 16 December 2008
13:31:10 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
13:31:10 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
13:31:11 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
13:31:12 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:31:22 [Zakim]
+Cooper
13:35:19 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:35:43 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has joined #tsdtf
13:37:14 [Zakim]
+cvelasco
13:37:39 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV
13:38:46 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Dec/0003.html
13:39:03 [shadi]
agenda+ Open action items
13:39:15 [shadi]
agenda+ Unreviewed test samples
13:40:37 [shadi]
agenda+ Work Planning
13:40:48 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:40:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Work Planning" taken up [from shadi]
13:43:06 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:43:12 [shadi]
scribe: carlosI
13:43:38 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:44:26 [carlosI]
SAZ: the review process works
13:44:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: but it is hard without tools
13:44:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: talked about the necessary tool during last F2F
13:45:31 [carlosI]
SAZ: try to get tools ready by January
13:45:45 [carlosI]
SAZ: hopes this help to increase participation
13:45:58 [carlosI]
SAZ: as the learning curve will be lower
13:46:44 [carlosI]
CV: after looking the requirements don't think could develope such a tool in a reasonable time
13:47:01 [carlosI]
CV: thinks the best approach is try to get something and tune it
13:47:09 [carlosI]
CV: something like Jira
13:48:03 [cvelasco]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/Mockups/design.html
13:49:36 [carlosI]
SAZ: the difficult part would be the WG tool, not the public interface
13:49:56 [carlosI]
CV: also the validation process
13:50:09 [carlosI]
SAZ: don't think it is so complicated
13:50:17 [carlosI]
SAZ: we already have the schematron
13:50:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: could run it on the CVS commit
13:50:50 [carlosI]
SAZ: think could manage with something simple
13:51:12 [carlosI]
SAZ: if there is a tool with that funcionality could do that
13:52:57 [carlosI]
CI: thinks may be better try to manage with what we already have than trying to figure out how to do the same with a new tool
13:55:47 [carlosI]
MS: would prefer to use an existing tool than develope a new one
13:56:37 [carlosI]
MS: concerns about the new development been more complicated than expected
13:58:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: next step for WCAG 2 may be focusing on techniques
13:59:09 [carlosI]
MC: not sure how to follow right now
13:59:42 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:59:46 [carlosI]
MC: need to define the maintenance of understanding and techniques documents
14:00:13 [carlosI]
MC: don't expect much more work on accessibility support within the group
14:01:53 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
14:02:42 [carlosI]
MC: to some extent need more communication between the WG and the TF to get better understanding of the test samples potential usage
14:02:58 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
14:03:58 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:04:18 [Christophe]
zakim, ?P6 is Christophe_Strobbe
14:04:18 [Zakim]
sorry, Christophe, I do not recognize a party named '?P6'
14:04:24 [Christophe]
zakim, P6 is Christophe_Strobbe
14:04:24 [Zakim]
sorry, Christophe, I do not recognize a party named 'P6'
14:04:29 [Christophe]
zakim, ??P6 is Christophe_Strobbe
14:04:29 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
14:10:34 [carlosI]
SAZ: an important question would be time commitment
14:11:14 [carlosI]
CV: the first quarter would be very difficult
14:12:05 [carlosI]
CV: preparation of the project would be very time consuming
14:13:31 [Tim]
I don't have answer right now but will come up with answer by Jan
14:14:28 [carlosI]
SAZ: need a critical mass of time commitment
14:20:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: net telecon
14:20:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: two regrets Jan 6th one Jan 13th
14:20:50 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
14:20:52 [carlosI]
SAZ: next telecon Jan 13th
14:20:54 [Zakim]
-Cooper
14:20:56 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
14:21:00 [Zakim]
-cvelasco
14:21:31 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:21:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Carlos_Iglesias
14:22:12 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has left #tsdtf
14:25:28 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:25:30 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:25:30 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
14:25:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Cooper, Carlos_Iglesias, cvelasco, Tim_Boland, Christophe_Strobbe
14:25:43 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:25:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:25:43 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:25:44 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:25:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-tsdtf-minutes.html trackbot
14:25:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:25:45 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items