IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-12-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:57:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:57:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-soap-jms-irc
16:57:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:57:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:57:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:57:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
16:57:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:57:41 [trackbot]
Date: 16 December 2008
16:57:59 [Roland]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Dec/0014.html
16:58:17 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
16:58:37 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:59:26 [alewis]
trackbot, start telcon
16:59:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:59:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:59:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
16:59:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:59:31 [trackbot]
Date: 16 December 2008
17:00:38 [Roland]
Zakim, Roland_Merrick is Roland
17:00:38 [Zakim]
+Roland; got it
17:02:53 [Zakim]
+Yves
17:03:04 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
17:03:35 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
17:03:47 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aabb
17:04:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.956.aacc
17:04:15 [bhakti]
bhakti has joined #soap-jms
17:04:28 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
17:06:12 [Roland]
Regrets: Phil
17:06:18 [mphillip]
Topic: FAQ
17:06:23 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/wiki/2008-09_FAQ
17:07:40 [mphillip]
Roland: Is "Why is WS-Addressing out of scope for SOAP-JMS Binding specification? " the right question
17:08:31 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
17:08:40 [mphillip]
Bhakti: Some of the points in the FAQ entry are taken from the questions on the mailing list. If we re-phrase the question we may need to rephrase the answer
17:09:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.846.aadd
17:09:46 [eric]
Zakim, aadd is eric
17:09:46 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
17:10:45 [mphillip]
Roland: The SOAP/JMS binding is analagous to the SOAP/HTTP binding which does not mention WS-Addressing
17:12:02 [mphillip]
Peter: SOAP/JMS is much more asynchronous than HTTP, but it does boild down to providing the transport - replies with correllation IDs are like the HTTP anonymous back channe
17:12:59 [mphillip]
Roland: We could have 2 questions i.e. - "Why is there no mention to WS-Addressing in the SOAP/JMS Binding Spec?" and "How would WS-Addressing relate to SOAP/JMS?"
17:13:08 [mphillip]
Eric "Where does WS-Addressing fit?"
17:13:23 [mphillip]
Peter: Agreed - sounds like a good question
17:14:04 [mphillip]
Yves: WS-Addressing happens at the application level - it is application specific, whereas SOAP/JMS happens lower at the transport layer
17:15:22 [mphillip]
Eric: We *could* specify how WS-A maps to SOAP/JMS but we don't need to put that in our specification - it should be specified elsewhere. Probably worth suggesting that the anonymous back channel maps to the SOAP/JMS ReplyTo mechanism in the FAQ
17:16:44 [mphillip]
Yves: Maybe say that It is possible to map WSA to SOAP/JMS, but it is never possible to map SOAP/JMS to WSA
17:18:17 [mphillip]
Eric: MediaWiki has discussion pages so we can discuss this in the Wiki. Could send emails inviting people to contribute
17:18:53 [mphillip]
Roland: Could all members of the working group be added to the Wiki please?
17:19:25 [mphillip]
Yves: If all WG members create Wiki IDs then Yves will grant them the necessary permissions
17:21:17 [mphillip]
Action peaston to Add answer to FAQ on how to use WSA anonymous and JMS ReplyTo
17:21:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-56 - Add answer to FAQ on how to use WSA anonymous and JMS ReplyTo [on Peter Easton - due 2008-12-23].
17:23:25 [mphillip]
Roland: In the new year we will send a message to the mailing list inviting readers to join the debate on the Wiki
17:24:07 [mphillip]
Topic: URI Specification
17:24:19 [mphillip]
Topic: Testing
17:24:53 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html
17:25:19 [mphillip]
Peter: This adds some detail to the cases Phil put together
17:25:51 [mphillip]
Peter: It covers each of the fault types SOAP1.1 and 1.2
17:26:51 [mphillip]
Peter: A lot of the XML behind the tests is very boiler-plate
17:26:54 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/assertions/assertions.html
17:29:16 [mphillip]
Eric: We have two tests reporting unsupported JMS message format - for SOAP1.1 and SOAP 1.2. I am worried about the explosion of the text matrix - one of these seems redudant
17:30:28 [mphillip]
Eric: We could end up with 4 test for each combination of SOAP 1.1, 1.2 TextMessage and BytesMessage. We should use our judgement to determine whether all the tests are required
17:30:37 [mphillip]
Peter: Agreed
17:30:42 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
17:31:03 [mphillip]
close action-51
17:31:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-51 Add a test case. closed
17:31:14 [mphillip]
close action-19
17:31:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-19 Write up an answer to the question of WS-Addressing. closed
17:32:02 [mphillip]
Topic: URI specification
17:33:14 [mphillip]
Roland: had contact from Cisco, suggested they would contact Eric directly
17:33:51 [mphillip]
Bhakti: Contacted Chris Newman from Sun who has said he would review and give suggestions
17:34:41 [mphillip]
Eric: Was cc'ed on emails between members of the IETF. Eric will forward to the mailing list.
17:35:41 [mphillip]
Eric: Lisa De Salls(sp?) has offered to look at the draft
17:35:54 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Dec/0016.html
17:36:12 [Yves]
s/De Salls(sp?)/Dusseault/
17:36:15 [mphillip]
s/De Salls/Lisa Dusseault/
17:37:05 [mphillip]
(thanks Yves)
17:38:05 [mphillip]
Bhakti: Will chase up Chris
17:38:20 [mphillip]
Topic: Next Call
17:38:38 [alewis]
+1
17:39:03 [mphillip]
Roland: Will be away for two weeks - propose next call on the 6th January 2009
17:39:14 [mphillip]
+1
17:39:23 [mphillip]
all agree
17:40:04 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: Next call 6th January 2009
17:40:09 [mphillip]
Topic: AOB
17:40:23 [mphillip]
none
17:40:36 [Zakim]
-eric
17:40:38 [Zakim]
- +0196270aabb
17:40:39 [Zakim]
- +1.408.956.aacc
17:40:39 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
17:40:41 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:40:48 [Zakim]
-Yves
17:40:53 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:40:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:41:45 [Zakim]
-Roland
17:41:46 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:41:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, Roland, Yves, Peter_Easton, +0196270aabb, +1.408.956.aacc, +1.650.846.aadd, eric
17:41:58 [Roland]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:41:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
17:47:43 [Roland]
Zakim, aa is alewis
17:47:43 [Zakim]
sorry, Roland, I do not recognize a party named 'aa'
17:48:11 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
18:20:52 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
19:50:46 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
20:10:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms