IRC log of mwts on 2008-12-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:56:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:56:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:56:13 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:56:18 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:56:24 [dom]
Zakim, this will be mwts
15:56:24 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, dom
15:56:39 [dom]
Zakim, this will be ts
15:56:39 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
15:57:56 [dom]
15:58:02 [dom]
Regrets: Carmelo
15:59:38 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:59:51 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
16:00:09 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:00:09 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:00:38 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:47 [Zakim]
16:01:03 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
16:01:13 [Zakim]
16:01:26 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
16:01:26 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
16:01:32 [dom]
zakim, ??P48 is Kai
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
16:02:00 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
16:02:21 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to continue integrating his tests WTF [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:02:26 [dom]
-> Kai's report on WTF
16:02:42 [dom]
Kai: this is somewhat stalled with the holidays coming up
16:03:12 [Zakim]
16:03:19 [dom]
... I'll probably be adding tests in my git repository
16:03:25 [dom]
zakim, ??P65 is dmitri
16:03:29 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
16:03:35 [dom]
... and then migrate them to the public cvs repository
16:03:44 [dom]
Topic: Device independent testing guidelines
16:03:49 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
16:04:07 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:04:17 [dom]
Dom: no progress - probably not any before mid-January
16:04:27 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review the di guidelines [recorded in] [DONE]
16:04:37 [dom]
-> Wilhelm's comments
16:05:25 [dom]
ACTION: Dmitiri to review the DI guidelines
16:06:26 [hendry]
16:06:34 [dom]
Kai: sent comments to Carmelo some time ago
16:07:04 [dom]
16:07:27 [dom] - last modification 4 weeks ago
16:08:42 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
16:08:58 [dom]
ACTION: hendry to Contribute test to replace inputmode [recorded in] [DONE]
16:09:16 [dom]
-> Kai's suggestion for new test in WCTMB
16:09:29 [dom]
Kai: goal is to test the memory limitations of mobile devices through JSon
16:09:50 [dom]
... We've found that some mobile devices are rather limited there - esp. for mashups
16:10:09 [dom]
... but nothing is specified in the ecmascript spec in terms of bottom line
16:10:20 [dom]
... so it is hard to come up with a limit
16:10:29 [dom]
... so I'm starting to have doubts about the merits of the test
16:10:55 [dom]
... This seems to be an interesting test to highlight the limitations of the mobile platform
16:12:13 [dom]
dom: agree it would be delicate to include in WCTMB since no standard limit is defined
16:12:24 [dom]
... but we could re-use that test in another context
16:13:03 [dom]
... e.g. in mobile test harness - and advertise it through the blog?
16:13:31 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to refactor the memory limitation test into something indicating the max memory
16:13:45 [dom]
Wilhelm: we could have a series of test: 8K / 12K /16K, etc
16:13:51 [dom]
16:14:26 [dom]
Kai: sounds like a good idea
16:14:42 [dom]
... In terms of getting a replacement for inputmode, maybe that's something we can ask in the blog
16:15:30 [dom]
Dom: sounds good - although not sure this will deliver
16:15:44 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to push forward with finding a replacement for the inputmode test
16:16:01 [dom]
Topic: Blog
16:17:13 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to send feedback on the blog post [recorded in] [DROPPED]
16:17:28 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into setting up a system to track scores of the WCTMB [recorded in] [DONE]
16:17:36 [dom]
-> Dom's system
16:18:16 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to set up a page showing the results recorded on WCTMB
16:18:53 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to set up a blog for MWTSWG [recorded in] [DONE]
16:19:05 [dom]
-> Blog set up
16:19:41 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to post an introductory message to the blog
16:20:57 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to put his draft blog post on MWTS blog
16:21:07 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
16:21:18 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:21:48 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:21:59 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
16:22:09 [dom]
Next meeting on January 6
16:22:48 [Zakim]
16:22:50 [Zakim]
16:22:52 [Zakim]
16:22:52 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:22:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were +47.23.69.aaaa, dom, Wilhelm, Kai, dmitri
16:23:09 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:23:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
16:23:14 [dom]
zakim, bye
16:23:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
16:24:50 [dom]
Meeting: Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group teleconf
16:24:59 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:25:01 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:25:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
16:40:07 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #mwts