IRC log of mediaann on 2008-12-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:57:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:57:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc
12:58:00 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
12:58:06 [fsasaki]
chair: Joakim
12:58:41 [tobias]
tobias has joined #mediaann
12:58:41 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Dec/0031.html
13:00:08 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediaann
13:01:31 [Zakim]
+Felix
13:01:37 [thierry]
hello thierry joined
13:01:56 [joakim]
we are four on bridge!?
13:01:59 [pchampin]
apparently my mic is not working :(
13:02:18 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aadd
13:02:18 [Zakim]
- +95177aabb
13:02:18 [pchampin]
I'm on the phone as well
13:02:19 [hui]
sorry that i can only follow irc today.
13:02:21 [fsasaki]
present: Davy, Wonsuk, Joakim, Tobias, Felix
13:02:28 [fsasaki]
present+ Werner
13:02:35 [pchampin]
but my mic seems to be not working
13:02:41 [wbailer]
Zakim, aadd is Werner
13:02:42 [Zakim]
+Werner; got it
13:03:01 [joakim]
zakim, who is noicy?
13:03:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, joakim.
13:03:11 [joakim]
zakim, who is here
13:03:11 [Zakim]
joakim, you need to end that query with '?'
13:03:15 [joakim]
zakim, who is here?
13:03:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Joakim, +2, +7.233.aacc, davy, Felix, Werner
13:03:16 [fsasaki]
present+ Pierre-Antoine
13:03:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see thierry, tobias, RRSAgent, wbailer, pchampin, davy, joakim, hui, Zakim, fsasaki, wonsuk, trackbot
13:03:23 [Zakim]
+ +96003aaee
13:03:42 [fsasaki]
present+ Thierry
13:04:09 [thierry]
zakim, mute thierry
13:04:09 [Zakim]
thierry should now be muted
13:04:23 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose thierry (muted)
13:04:44 [thierry]
zakim, who is here
13:04:44 [Zakim]
thierry, you need to end that query with '?'
13:04:59 [joakim]
scrive: tobias
13:05:01 [thierry]
zakim, who is here
13:05:01 [Zakim]
thierry, you need to end that query with '?'
13:05:04 [fsasaki]
scribe: tobias
13:05:04 [joakim]
scribe: tobias
13:05:09 [thierry]
zakim, who is here ?
13:05:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Joakim, +2, +7.233.aacc, davy (muted), Felix, Werner, thierry (muted)
13:05:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see thierry, tobias, RRSAgent, wbailer, pchampin, davy, joakim, hui, Zakim, fsasaki, wonsuk, trackbot
13:05:20 [fsasaki]
topic: Agenda review and approval of previous minutes
13:05:37 [tobias]
\me thanks, Felix
13:05:42 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/12/09-mediaann-minutes.html
13:07:06 [tobias]
Minutes approved.
13:07:39 [tobias]
Next telecon: 6th of January
13:08:09 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/admin
13:08:51 [davy]
I can scribe
13:09:00 [tobias]
Scribe for the next telecon: Davy
13:09:24 [tobias]
Calling schedule: 13 o'clock UTC every tuesday
13:09:29 [fsasaki]
topic: action items
13:09:40 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
13:10:05 [thierry]
Now all calls are at 13h00 UTC ?
13:10:22 [thierry]
No more late evening calls ( for me)
13:10:40 [tobias]
Felix will ask Raphael to put the MMSEM WIKI contents in the Mediaann wiki
13:10:51 [Zakim]
+ +95177aaff
13:11:02 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-22
13:11:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-22 Go back to Karen and check about " IPTV metadata specification" - what is it, is it available for us? closed
13:11:09 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-33
13:11:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-33 Evaluate if contact to IPTV Japan is valuable closed
13:12:18 [tobias]
ACTION-43 is still pending
13:12:27 [tobias]
ACTION-44 is still pending
13:12:55 [tobias]
ACTION-45: Joakim had initial talks but has to get more information
13:12:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-45 Look at how sony ericsson uses xmp notes added
13:13:11 [tobias]
ACTION-45 is still pending
13:14:15 [tobias]
ACTION-46 is still pending
13:14:47 [tobias]
ACTION-47: Werner had a quick check with colleagues, but needs to get more information
13:14:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-47 And Frank to investiage existing approach for setting metadata on a "metamodel level" (or "ontology level") notes added
13:14:59 [tobias]
ACTION-47 is still pending
13:15:24 [tobias]
ACTION-48: Felix will do that on Friday
13:15:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-48 Send pointer to media fragments WG for review of uc&req doc, when it is ready notes added
13:15:37 [tobias]
ACTION-49 is still pending
13:15:54 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-50
13:15:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. closed
13:16:04 [hui]
i've a question about the action 50.
13:16:08 [hui]
daniel told me to update recommendation UC. however this action said CH UC. now the CH UC is updated. shall we update the recommend uc ?
13:16:30 [hui]
sorry i can follow irc today.
13:16:35 [tobias]
ACTION-50: Werner and Veronique chenged the text and sent updates to Hui to update the requirements document
13:16:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. notes added
13:17:07 [tobias]
ACTION-50: Still some discussion is needed (Werner Bailer)
13:17:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-50 and Veronique and Hui to update the CH UC following the pattern of e.g. 2.6, 2.7 etc. notes added
13:18:02 [tobias]
ACTION-51 is still pending
13:19:09 [tobias]
ACTION-52 is still pending
13:19:51 [tobias]
ACTION-53: Joakim had some problems with editing, will be solved together with Felix
13:19:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-53 Revise the introduction, using material from the "video" UC section notes added
13:20:07 [tobias]
ACTION-53 is still pending
13:20:49 [tobias]
ACTION-54 is still pending; no information available from Frank
13:21:18 [tobias]
ACTION-55 is still pending; no information available from Victor
13:21:35 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-56
13:21:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-56 Create text for r06-r11 until Monday and send it to the list closed
13:21:54 [fsasaki]
plh = Philippe Le Hegaret
13:22:28 [fsasaki]
zakim, unmute thierry
13:22:28 [Zakim]
thierry should no longer be muted
13:23:20 [tobias]
ACTION-57: Question is to publish a working group note or a working draft (Thierry); Thierry will contact plh and resolve this issue by tomorrow
13:23:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-57 Check with plh how he wants us to move the requirements document forward notes added
13:24:13 [fsasaki]
topic: cultural heritage UC update
13:24:26 [wonsuk]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html#uc-cultural-heritage-institutions
13:24:43 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediaann
13:24:55 [thierry]
zakim, mute me
13:24:55 [Zakim]
thierry should now be muted
13:25:11 [tobias]
Werner: Archivists typically use a strict vocabulary for annotation content (thesauri, controlled vocabularies, etc.)
13:25:32 [tobias]
Werner: We should keep this within our vocabulary, i.e. to keep a reference to the thesauri used.
13:25:43 [tobias]
Werner: This could be a relevant requirement for other use cases, too.
13:26:19 [tobias]
Werner: There should be the option to pointing to an entity and not just a value.
13:28:29 [tobias]
Werner: Controlled vocabulary for describing content is typically used to identify a person/location/genre
13:29:29 [tobias]
Felix: One solution could use two fields one to point to an URI, the second to identify the thesaurus you use.
13:30:18 [fsasaki]
choices: 1)string 2) URI only to identify vocabulary and the part in question 3) string + URI (URI for identifying vocabularies)
13:31:42 [pchampin]
we can have
13:31:45 [tobias]
Felix: The question is: should each of them be possible? If all would be supported would mean: more freedom for use, but additional burden on the application;
13:31:54 [pchampin]
a string with en embedded URI
13:32:26 [pchampin]
e.g.
13:32:41 [pchampin]
"Pierre-Antoine <pchampin@liris.cnrs.fr>"
13:32:56 [pchampin]
this could be displayed
13:33:00 [pchampin]
not of we require
13:33:07 [pchampin]
that the URI should be inside < >
13:33:34 [pchampin]
applications could not bother
13:33:39 [pchampin]
and display the whole string
13:33:41 [tobias]
Felix: There should be a clear way to delimit what is a string and what an URI
13:33:47 [pchampin]
which is reasonably readable
13:33:48 [tobias]
Werner: There should be two fields.
13:34:57 [pchampin]
returning a variable type is also harder to cope with
13:35:03 [pchampin]
for applications
13:35:46 [Zakim]
- +95177aaff
13:36:11 [Zakim]
+ +95177aagg
13:36:18 [tobias]
Felix: We should add this as an additional requirement
13:36:34 [tobias]
ACTION: Felix to add this issue as an additional requirement
13:36:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-58 - Add this issue as an additional requirement [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-23].
13:38:46 [pchampin]
a json object is basically a list or a dictionary
13:38:58 [pchampin]
as a dict, it can contain any key
13:40:27 [pchampin]
ok
13:40:34 [tobias]
ACTION: Joakim to investigate how the declaration of JSON could provide a solution for our return object
13:40:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-59 - Investigate how the declaration of JSON could provide a solution for our return object [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-12-23].
13:40:37 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
13:40:51 [fsasaki]
tobias: I give just one return value - URI
13:41:22 [tobias]
ACTION: Felix to ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous return values
13:41:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-60 - Ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous return values [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-12-23].
13:41:56 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping
13:42:00 [fsasaki]
topic: metadata mapping tables
13:43:18 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
13:43:43 [fsasaki]
topic: Schedule for UC & Req deliverable
13:43:52 [joakim]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html
13:45:01 [tobias]
Felix updated his section, Werner+Veronique updated their sections.
13:45:45 [tobias]
Felix: Tobias has to still send the figure to describe the scope of the working group
13:46:06 [tobias]
Felix would like to include the figure in the requirements document
13:46:25 [tmichel]
zakim, unmute thierry
13:46:25 [Zakim]
thierry should no longer be muted
13:47:06 [tobias]
ACTION Thierry to request short URI for the requirements document
13:47:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-61 - Request short URI for the requirements document [on Thierry Michel - due 2008-12-23].
13:47:20 [tmichel]
zakim, mute me
13:47:20 [Zakim]
sorry, tmichel, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:47:30 [tobias]
ACTION Thierry to update the status of the requirements document
13:47:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-62 - Update the status of the requirements document [on Thierry Michel - due 2008-12-23].
13:47:59 [fsasaki]
topic: MPEG - related mail from Victor
13:48:02 [tmichel]
zakim, mute me
13:48:02 [Zakim]
sorry, tmichel, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:48:29 [tobias]
Felix: Is unsure about the relation of MXM and the work of our group.
13:49:52 [tobias]
ACTION Victor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group
13:49:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Victor
13:49:59 [tmichel]
I am loosing connectivity ...
13:50:08 [tobias]
ACTION Victor2 to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group
13:50:08 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Victor2
13:50:26 [fsasaki]
action: Víctor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group
13:50:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-63 - Formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group [on Víctor Rodríguez - due 2008-12-23].
13:51:48 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:51:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
13:51:50 [Zakim]
- +95177aagg
13:51:51 [tmichel]
by see you next year ...
13:51:52 [Zakim]
-Werner
13:51:54 [Zakim]
-Felix
13:51:55 [Zakim]
- +2
13:52:02 [Zakim]
-thierry
13:52:03 [joakim]
happy holiday
13:52:06 [Zakim]
- +7.233.aacc
13:52:06 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
13:52:10 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann
13:52:26 [davy]
davy has left #mediaann
13:52:30 [Zakim]
-davy
13:52:47 [Zakim]
-Joakim
13:52:48 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has ended
13:52:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were Joakim, +2, +95177aabb, +7.233.aacc, Felix, +43.316.876.aadd, davy, Werner, +96003aaee, thierry, +95177aaff, +95177aagg
13:53:44 [Victor]
Victor has joined #mediaann
13:53:51 [Victor]
Hello
13:53:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
13:54:56 [Victor]
isn't it starting in 5 minutes?
13:55:01 [Victor]
ops!
13:55:07 [Victor]
i am one hour late!!!!!!
13:57:15 [fsasaki]
ACTION: Thierry to request short URI for the requirements document
13:57:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-64 - Request short URI for the requirements document [on Thierry Michel - due 2008-12-23].
13:57:20 [joakim]
Hi Victor, you got an actino point for punishment! :-)
13:59:03 [Victor]
I have just seen it :)
13:59:06 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-64
13:59:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-64 Request short URI for the requirements document closed
14:48:33 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, bye
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-actions.rdf :
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to add this issue as an additional requirement [1]
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc#T13-36-34
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Joakim to investigate how the declaration of JSON could provide a solution for our return object [2]
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc#T13-40-34
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous return values [3]
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc#T13-41-22
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Víctor to formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group [4]
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc#T13-50-26
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thierry to request short URI for the requirements document [5]
14:48:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-irc#T13-57-15
14:48:35 [fsasaki]
zakim, bye
14:48:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann