IRC log of er on 2008-12-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:26:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:26:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-irc
13:26:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:26:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:26:59 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
13:26:59 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:27:00 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
13:27:00 [trackbot]
Date: 10 December 2008
13:29:56 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
13:29:59 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:19 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
13:30:28 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:30:29 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Schema
13:30:46 [shadi]
agenda+ Action Item Check
13:31:09 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:32:04 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
13:32:12 [shadi]
scribenick: carlosI
13:32:32 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:32:46 [JohannesK]
zakim, Klaus is JohannesK
13:32:46 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
13:34:31 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has joined #er
13:35:15 [Zakim]
+JohannesK.a
13:35:40 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:35:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "EARL 1.0 Schema" taken up [from shadi]
13:35:44 [cvelasco]
zakim, JohannesK.a is really cvelasco
13:35:44 [Zakim]
+cvelasco; got it
13:35:54 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081106
13:36:49 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Dec/0006.html
13:36:56 [carlosI]
SAZ: open question
13:37:23 [carlosI]
SAZ: try to go trough them
13:37:25 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081126
13:37:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
13:37:45 [carlosI]
SAZ: draft version November 26th
13:38:35 [carlosI]
SAZ: suggest to go top to down
13:39:43 [carlosI]
SAZ: the introduction has changed a bit
13:39:59 [carlosI]
SAZ: now is focusing on the document, audience and conventions
13:40:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: some editorial changes too
13:41:35 [carlosI]
SAZ: the overview of EARL classes has been moved here (section 2)
13:41:53 [squillace]
squillace has joined #er
13:42:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: does the format of 2.1 looks ok?
13:42:38 [carlosI]
SAZ: the use this format to every other document
13:43:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: using icons for links to external resources
13:44:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: two open questions about TestSubject
13:44:40 [carlosI]
SAZ: foaf:Document as possible Test Subject
13:44:56 [carlosI]
SAZ: concerns from CI about its testing character
13:45:16 [carlosI]
SAZ: shouldn't be a problem, not the first testing one, can check stability
13:45:29 [carlosI]
MS: like the idea
13:46:35 [carlosI]
CV: don't have a clear distinction between phisical or electronic documents
13:46:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: that's fine
13:48:03 [carlosI]
CI: great to have both classes of documents but would like to be able to distinguish between electronic and physical
13:51:06 [shadi]
action: check with Danbri on the status of foaf:Document, and suggest identifier to separate between electronic and physical documents
13:51:06 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - check
13:51:15 [shadi]
action: shadi to check with Danbri on the status of foaf:Document, and suggest identifier to separate between electronic and physical documents
13:51:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-68 - Check with Danbri on the status of foaf:Document, and suggest identifier to separate between electronic and physical documents [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-12-17].
13:52:27 [carlosI]
JK: suggest to use http:Response instead fo http:Connection because they are tipically tested
13:52:58 [carlosI]
SAZ: would like to have both Request and Response because you want the Request information
13:54:47 [carlosI]
JK: if you use Connection as test subject that could be seen as the whole Connection passing the test
13:55:35 [carlosI]
JK: you not only test the response Content, may be response codes, length or others
13:56:48 [carlosI]
SAZ: any objection to change Connection with Response?
13:56:56 [carlosI]
JK: maybe both Request and Response
13:57:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: why not Connection?
13:57:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: if you download a web page you may have several Request and Response pairs
14:01:20 [carlosI]
MS: is there a use case where we want just the Request and not the Response?
14:06:22 [shadi]
action: shadi to consider adding a brief description under the "Related Classes" sections to describe the relationships; possibly referencing respective sections from the Guide
14:06:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-69 - Consider adding a brief description under the \"Related Classes\" sections to describe the relationships; possibly referencing respective sections from the Guide [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-12-17].
14:08:17 [carlosI]
JK: we usually use cnt as Content namespace, here repr is used
14:08:43 [carlosI]
JK: Content in RDF reference is missing
14:11:51 [shadi]
action: shadi to change "repr" to "cnt"
14:11:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-70 - Change \"repr\" to \"cnt\" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-12-17].
14:13:30 [carlosI]
MS: not sure what to put in the title of an http:Connection
14:14:16 [carlosI]
JK: there is no need to have a title in HTTP, must be in EARL subject
14:16:09 [cvelasco]
I need to leave in two minutes ... sorry to have to leave earlier :-(
14:16:29 [carlosI]
SAZ: thinks from the report user perspective
14:16:52 [carlosI]
SAZ: the user just receives the title and the details may be hidden
14:17:05 [carlosI]
SAZ: maybe need to think more about this
14:17:37 [Zakim]
-cvelasco
14:17:41 [cvelasco]
cvelasco has left #er
14:17:53 [carlosI]
JK: agree to have a dc:title for subjects, but would object to have a dc:title in HTTP in RDF
14:22:00 [carlosI]
SAZ: suggestion is to use dc:date in 2.3 for the resource fetching time and in 2.5 for when the test case was actually tested
14:22:27 [carlosI]
CI: are they supposed to be optional?
14:22:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: will keep an eye on this
14:23:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: came to the conclusion the TestMode must be classes
14:23:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: pending AI to check this approach with some semantic web people
14:25:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: renaming of Outcome class to avoid confusion with the property
14:25:45 [carlosI]
SAZ: there is a preference from CI to rename the property instead the class
14:25:53 [carlosI]
SAZ: any other thoughts?
14:26:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: then outcomeValue fro the property and Outcome for the class
14:26:40 [carlosI]
SAZ: DOAP discussion is still open
14:27:09 [carlosI]
MS: some comments about stability from CI on the list
14:28:16 [carlosI]
SAZ: comment from MS about the short properties description
14:28:49 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:28:50 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Action Item Check" taken up [from shadi]
14:29:16 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
14:31:09 [Zakim]
- +1.512.286.aaaa
14:31:19 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:31:25 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:31:26 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
14:31:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Carlos_Iglesias, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, JohannesK, cvelasco, +1.512.286.aaaa
14:32:16 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:32:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:32:16 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:32:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:32:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-minutes.html trackbot
14:32:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-actions.rdf :
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: check with Danbri on the status of foaf:Document, and suggest identifier to separate between electronic and physical documents [1]
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-irc#T13-51-06
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check with Danbri on the status of foaf:Document, and suggest identifier to separate between electronic and physical documents [2]
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-irc#T13-51-15
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to consider adding a brief description under the "Related Classes" sections to describe the relationships; possibly referencing respective sections from the Guide [3]
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-irc#T14-06-22
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to change "repr" to "cnt" [4]
14:32:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/10-er-irc#T14-11-51