IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-12-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:52:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:52:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-irc
09:52:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:52:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:52:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:52:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
09:52:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:52:52 [trackbot]
Date: 03 December 2008
09:56:13 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:56:57 [Gui]
Gui has joined #mediafrag
09:57:06 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
09:57:46 [nessy]
brb
09:57:49 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediafrag
09:58:32 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:58:38 [Zakim]
+erik
09:58:52 [davy]
zakim, davy is with erik
09:58:52 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
09:59:46 [Zakim]
+??P1
10:00:22 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
10:00:22 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
10:00:35 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is here
10:00:35 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you need to end that query with '?'
10:00:40 [Zakim]
+Thierry
10:00:46 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is here?
10:00:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see erik, mhausenblas, Thierry
10:00:47 [Zakim]
erik has erik, davy
10:00:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see thierry, erik, Gui, davy, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, nessy, trackbot, Yves
10:03:57 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:05:14 [erik]
Guillaume & Silvia, will you both call in? ... or shall we start right away?
10:05:30 [nessy]
get started
10:05:32 [Gui]
Regrets, I must attend another meeting. I'll be on IRC a bit later
10:05:34 [nessy]
calling now
10:05:47 [Zakim]
+Silvia
10:05:53 [Yves]
Chair: Erik
10:05:56 [Yves]
Scribe: Yves
10:06:13 [Yves]
Topic: approval of last week minutes
10:06:17 [erik]
+1
10:06:17 [Yves]
no objections
10:06:21 [Silvia]
+1
10:07:51 [Yves]
Silvia: my contact at google is more interested by captionning and annotations. However they should be able to review our spec, but probably not contribute directly on our group.
10:08:24 [Yves]
Erik: Adobe will not nominate someone right now, but they are interested in tracking our work
10:08:31 [Silvia]
this is Ken Harrenstien at YouTube we are talking about
10:12:06 [Silvia]
Zakim, mute me
10:12:06 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
10:12:44 [mhausenblas]
anyone here?
10:13:03 [Yves]
ACTION: erik to go through the email lists to list different solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki
10:13:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-16 - Go through the email lists to list different solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki [on Erik Mannens - due 2008-12-10].
10:13:11 [Yves]
Topic: f2f
10:13:32 [Yves]
erik: anything new, late notices?
10:13:36 [Yves]
no. everything fine
10:13:42 [mhausenblas]
Yves: ok again :)
10:13:46 [Yves]
Topic: Use cases and requirements drafts
10:14:12 [Yves]
erik: raphael is not around (to do the conversion from wiki to WD)
10:14:30 [Yves]
davy and erik already started to work on a review, not formal yet
10:14:45 [Silvia]
Zakim, unmute me
10:14:45 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
10:15:58 [Yves]
erik: next week we will decide what's in scope and out of scope, and continue reviewing the documents
10:16:07 [Silvia]
Zakim, mute me
10:16:07 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
10:16:40 [Yves]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0003.html
10:16:57 [Yves]
Topic: Types of Fragment Addressing
10:17:04 [Yves]
Guillaume is not there, we will wait for him
10:17:17 [Yves]
it will be discussed next week as well
10:17:35 [Yves]
Topic: HTTP implementation
10:18:08 [Yves]
Raphael will fill the wiki before the f2f
10:18:18 [Yves]
Topic: Existing Technologies Survey
10:18:22 [Yves]
already started
10:18:47 [Yves]
there is a state of the art, and we are updating it as we go
10:19:17 [Yves]
please review it in preparation for next week
10:19:25 [Silvia]
Zakim, unmute me
10:19:25 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
10:20:08 [Silvia]
Zakim, mute me
10:20:08 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
10:20:13 [Yves]
Silvia: it links to the existing syntaxes?
10:20:15 [Yves]
erik: yes
10:20:29 [Yves]
(see http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art)
10:20:41 [Yves]
Topic: Issues
10:21:43 [Silvia]
Zakim, unmute me
10:21:43 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
10:22:30 [Yves]
Yves: did fix the cache part, stop at the HTTP page as Raphael wanted to do it to get a grasp of the solutions of the issue
10:22:38 [Yves]
ACTION 8 Closed
10:22:38 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 8
10:22:43 [Yves]
ACTION: 8 Closed
10:22:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 8
10:22:49 [Yves]
ACTION -8 Closed
10:22:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - -8
10:23:26 [Yves]
close ACTION-8
10:23:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-8 Look at more deeply if it is possible to use the current HTTP header linking for a fragment to point to its parent resource closed
10:23:52 [Yves]
Topic: AOB
10:23:55 [Yves]
Nothing
10:24:06 [Silvia]
nothing
10:24:07 [Yves]
Will see you next week for the f2f
10:24:08 [thierry]
have a good F2F in Ghent
10:25:35 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
10:25:36 [Zakim]
-Silvia
10:25:39 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:25:41 [Zakim]
-erik
10:25:52 [Zakim]
-Thierry
10:25:53 [erik]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:25:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-minutes.html erik
10:25:54 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:25:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were erik, davy, mhausenblas, Thierry, Yves, Silvia
10:26:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:26:32 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:29:33 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
10:29:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: erik to go through the email lists to list different solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki [1]
10:29:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-irc#T10-13-03
10:29:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: 8 Closed [2]
10:29:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/03-mediafrag-irc#T10-22-43