IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-12-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:57:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:57:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-soap-jms-irc
16:57:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:57:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:57:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:57:57 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
16:57:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:57:58 [trackbot]
Date: 02 December 2008
16:58:19 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:58:26 [Zakim]
+Roland
16:59:19 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
17:00:01 [Zakim]
+Derek
17:00:05 [Zakim]
-Roland
17:00:06 [Zakim]
+Roland
17:01:34 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
17:03:33 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
17:03:54 [Zakim]
+mphillip
17:04:10 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
17:05:07 [Zakim]
+Yves
17:05:08 [mphillip]
scribe: mphillip
17:05:17 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
17:05:30 [Roland]
Regrets: Eric, Bhakti, Amy
17:05:33 [Zakim]
+Phil
17:05:48 [Roland]
Topic: Actions
17:05:48 [mphillip]
Topic : Actions
17:05:50 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
17:05:57 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
17:06:35 [mphillip]
Action 19 - No progress
17:06:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 19
17:07:22 [mphillip]
Roland: no progress on actions 32 and 48
17:07:44 [mphillip]
Roland: or 51 and 53
17:08:00 [mphillip]
close action-54
17:08:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-54 Send email to secretary general to progress the IETF spec closed
17:08:38 [mphillip]
Topic: URI Spec
17:09:03 [mphillip]
Roland: Eric has forwarded a note containing the options to the list
17:09:43 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Dec/0004.html
17:09:53 [mphillip]
Topic: Binding Spec
17:10:06 [mphillip]
Roland: In Last Call - no comments received yet
17:10:12 [mphillip]
Topic: Testing
17:10:32 [mphillip]
Roland: No test cases created yet, no nothing else to discuss at this time
17:11:37 [mphillip]
Phil: On the subject of assertions, in our spec. we are prescriptive about the format of the message body
17:12:07 [mphillip]
Phil: i.e. If the message contains attachments, it will be a mime multipart message
17:12:22 [mphillip]
Phile: otherwise it will be a regular SOAP envelope
17:13:05 [mphillip]
Phil: However it is not the transport's responsibility to determine the format of the message - this happens higher in the stack by the SOAP serialiser
17:15:22 [mphillip]
Phil: The spec. might be easier to implement if we alter some of the assertions in the spec so that they do not impose these message formats
17:15:54 [mphillip]
Roland: The most important consideration is interoperability - how would changes like this affect interoperability
17:17:26 [mphillip]
Phil: This *shouldn't* affect interoperability - the content type of the payload should be passed up the SOAP stack for the higher levels to interpret
17:19:13 [mphillip]
Phil: In the Apache Axis 2 JAX-WS implementation, if MTOM is enabled then every message is created as a mime-multipart message regardless of whether it has an attachment
17:19:55 [mphillip]
Roland: We need to work through the implications of how this might affect interoperability
17:24:03 [Phil]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
17:24:37 [mphillip]
Roland: The point of testing is to find issues like this and we may have to react to them
17:28:58 [mphillip]
Phil: The JMS content type property and the SOAP or other payload of the message must match but do we need to be more prescriptive than that?
17:29:30 [mphillip]
Roland: We need to look at the SOAP with Attachments spec. to see if these are the requirements from that spec.
17:31:03 [mphillip]
action Phil to look at the relevant specifications e.g. SOAP with Attachments to assess whether SOAP/JMS binding spec. needs the assertions regarding content type
17:31:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-55 - Look at the relevant specifications e.g. SOAP with Attachments to assess whether SOAP/JMS binding spec. needs the assertions regarding content type [on Phil Adams - due 2008-12-09].
17:32:30 [mphillip]
Phil: From the standpoint of interoperability, the content type doesn't matter to the SOAP/JMS transport - it just has to be relayed between the SOAP sending and receiving nodes
17:32:51 [mphillip]
Phil: HTTP and JMS should work the same way
17:32:58 [mphillip]
Roland: That was our intent
17:34:19 [mphillip]
Peter: SWA spec mentions SMTP - JMS is in similar situation
17:34:58 [Zakim]
-Phil
17:35:01 [Zakim]
-Derek
17:35:02 [Zakim]
-mphillip
17:35:02 [Zakim]
-Roland
17:35:04 [Zakim]
-Yves
17:35:06 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:35:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:35:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
17:35:10 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
17:35:11 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:35:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, Derek, mphillip, Peter_Easton, Yves, Phil
17:35:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
17:41:53 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms