IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-11-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:57:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:57:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/26-mediafrag-irc
09:57:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:57:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:57:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:57:31 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
09:57:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:57:32 [trackbot]
Date: 26 November 2008
09:58:11 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:58:12 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:58:18 [Zakim]
+erik
09:58:43 [davy]
zakim, davy is with erik
09:58:43 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
10:00:05 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aaaa
10:00:21 [davy]
zakim, aaaa is Silvia
10:00:21 [Zakim]
+Silvia; got it
10:01:58 [erik]
regrets for: Raphael, Guillaume, Michael
10:02:18 [erik]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:02:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/26-mediafrag-minutes.html erik
10:05:49 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediafrag
10:06:02 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:07:33 [Zakim]
+Thierry
10:07:38 [thierry]
zakim, mute me
10:07:38 [Zakim]
Thierry should now be muted
10:08:23 [erik]
Yves, are you on the phone too?
10:08:33 [thierry]
I ammuted but still have a terrible buzz
10:08:51 [nessy]
zakim, mute me
10:08:51 [Zakim]
sorry, nessy, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
10:09:22 [Silvia]
zakim, mute me
10:09:22 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
10:09:55 [erik]
ok, let's get started
10:10:02 [erik]
Yves, can you scribe?
10:10:16 [thierry]
Buz still here ;-(
10:10:31 [Silvia]
zakim, unmute me
10:10:31 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
10:10:44 [davy]
scribe: davy
10:10:49 [davy]
scribenick: davy
10:11:05 [davy]
Accept minutes of last week?
10:11:09 [erik]
+1
10:11:24 [Silvia]
+1
10:11:28 [davy]
minutes accepted
10:11:42 [davy]
topic: 2nd F2F meeting
10:12:12 [davy]
erik: both groups will consist of 10 people
10:12:45 [davy]
... other people from MMLab and VRT medialab will also attend the meeting
10:12:52 [Silvia]
zakim, mute me
10:12:52 [Zakim]
Silvia should now be muted
10:13:02 [davy]
... there is also a first draft of the agenda
10:13:40 [davy]
erik goes through the draft agenda
10:13:46 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SecondF2FAgenda
10:15:44 [Yves]
sounds good to me!
10:15:51 [davy]
erik: anyone has some problems with the draft?
10:16:10 [Silvia]
looks good to me
10:16:13 [davy]
topic: preparation of working draft
10:16:34 [davy]
3.5 existing technologies
10:16:43 [davy]
erik: work is ongoing
10:16:55 [Silvia]
zakim, unmute me
10:16:55 [Zakim]
Silvia should no longer be muted
10:16:56 [davy]
3.4 RTSP
10:17:44 [davy]
erik: this page seems ok for the moment
10:17:50 [davy]
3.3 HTTP
10:18:04 [davy]
erik: raphael still has to do this
10:18:12 [davy]
3.2 types of fragment addressing
10:18:17 [Yves]
I will take a shot at it as well (HTTP page)
10:19:56 [davy]
silvia: put information into wiki, decisions about what to support are taken in f2f
10:20:04 [Yves]
+1
10:20:09 [erik]
+1
10:20:10 [davy]
+1
10:20:15 [Silvia]
+!
10:20:19 [Yves]
I'll add thing about pros and cons of different solutions
10:20:25 [Yves]
wrt HTTP use
10:21:00 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
10:21:10 [erik]
get better soon! (at least 8 & 9 dec :)
10:21:11 [davy]
3.1 use cases and requirements
10:21:35 [davy]
silvia elaborates on the document
10:21:42 [Zakim]
+jackjansen
10:22:08 [davy]
silvia: we should still decide what is in and out of scope
10:22:36 [davy]
ACTION erik to review the use cases and requirements document
10:22:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-14 - Review the use cases and requirements document [on Erik Mannens - due 2008-12-03].
10:22:55 [Yves]
it might be ood to publish the use case document as a WG Note at some point (better to reference a frozen document form the main spec0
10:23:00 [Yves]
s/ood/good/
10:23:29 [davy]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:23:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/26-mediafrag-minutes.html davy
10:24:12 [jackjansen]
the minutes are empty:-(
10:24:22 [Silvia]
Yves: it is my expectation that the wiki page will be turned into the FPWD by Raphael - is that how you think about it, too?
10:25:04 [Yves]
silvia; yes
10:26:24 [davy]
action Jack to add additional use cases in the wiki page
10:26:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Add additional use cases in the wiki page [on Jack Jansen - due 2008-12-03].
10:27:15 [davy]
close ACTION-13
10:27:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 Examples of combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd closed
10:27:36 [davy]
topic: issues
10:27:53 [davy]
cache discussion
10:28:00 [Yves]
yes
10:28:05 [davy]
erik: leave this open untill next week
10:28:52 [erik]
4.issues
10:29:25 [erik]
elaboration on Davy's page ... http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_Fragment_Caches
10:29:38 [Silvia]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Types_of_Fragment_Addressing
10:29:57 [erik]
Davy: still a lot of work has to be done on Table
10:31:09 [erik]
Davy: difference between two pages ("types of adressing" & "HTTP Fragment caches") ... but of course some info is overlapping
10:31:27 [Yves]
this may be merged in the HTTP page
10:32:00 [Yves]
fragments axis in Types_of_Fragment_Addressing
10:32:00 [erik]
still a page needed on caching (protocol & handshaking stuff)?
10:34:50 [davy]
topic: aob
10:35:20 [davy]
silvia: we should work on the syntax page
10:35:32 [davy]
... people are waiting for that
10:35:56 [davy]
... specially HTML5 group (video element)
10:37:29 [davy]
jack: is it a good idea for HTML5 group? Values regarding fragments are now longer available as attributes
10:38:17 [davy]
silvia: attributes are still available
10:40:50 [davy]
s/now/not
10:41:40 [davy]
jack: we should provide some guidelines based on a given scenario
10:42:15 [davy]
s/attributes are still available/attributes are gone, but are still available in the API
10:42:42 [davy]
erik: new member: Conrad Parker
10:43:06 [davy]
silvia: he will probably only be active on mailinglist
10:44:07 [thierry]
No fine
10:45:13 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
10:45:18 [Zakim]
-Silvia
10:45:20 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:45:20 [Zakim]
-erik
10:45:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/26-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:48:30 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:48:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were erik, davy, +61.2.801.2.aaaa, Silvia, Yves, Thierry, jackjansen
10:48:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/26-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:52:27 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
11:04:09 [Silvia]
Yves: I hope you get better soon