IRC log of mwts on 2008-11-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
16:01:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc
16:01:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs
16:01:43 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make logs ', trackbot. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:01:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
16:01:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWTS
16:01:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
16:01:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
16:01:46 [trackbot]
Date: 25 November 2008
16:01:55 [dom]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:02:03 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:02:05 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I don't know what conference this is
16:02:16 [dom]
zakim, this will be TS
16:02:18 [Zakim]
ok, dom, I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM already started
16:02:23 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:02:23 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:03:11 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
16:03:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P21
16:03:13 [Zakim]
+wilhelm
16:03:20 [Zakim]
+Dom
16:03:32 [dom]
zakim, ??P21 is Kai
16:03:32 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
16:04:26 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0010.html
16:05:12 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to raise visibility on Kai's work on widgets to the WebAppS WG Chairs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
16:05:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1 - Raise visibility on Kai's work on widgets to the WebAppS WG Chairs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [DONE] [on Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux - due 2008-12-02].
16:05:18 [dom]
trackbot, bye
16:05:18 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #mwts
16:05:27 [Zakim]
+??P50
16:05:36 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to follow up on widgets testing with Kai [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01] [PENDING]
16:05:47 [dom]
Wilhelm: we're going to release our widget testing framework
16:05:55 [dom]
... in about a week, after we are done cleaning up
16:05:59 [dom]
Kai: fantastic!
16:06:15 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review Kai's work on widgets testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
16:07:03 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0014.html Dom's review on Kai's tests for widgets
16:07:29 [dom]
Kai: I'm assuming I'll be able to move my tests to Opera's WTF framework
16:07:48 [dom]
Wilhelm: yes, I think that should be possible ; the framework takes a config file as input and then does the right thing
16:08:27 [dom]
... I'll first submit it to Kai, but the plan is to have the tool open-sourced in the end
16:09:15 [dom]
Topic: Cookies test suite
16:09:22 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04]
16:09:29 [dom]
Wilhelm: still working on it
16:09:37 [dom]
Topic: Device Independent Testing Guidelines
16:09:54 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to update the di guidelines based on the comments received so far [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
16:10:18 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [PENDING]
16:10:28 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action10] [PENDING]
16:10:46 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to contribute to the di guidelines (an example?) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action11] [PENDING]
16:10:54 [dom]
Kai: I tried to come up with examples for each point
16:11:06 [dom]
... but they are so similar, it is a bit difficult to know how to proceed
16:11:13 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0010.html
16:11:24 [dom]
... hard to come up with canonical examples
16:11:40 [dom]
... I've looked into Hixie's and Henry Sivonen's tests, and I'm trying to extract something from them
16:12:25 [dom]
Wilhelm: maybe you can already send what you've extracted so far
16:12:40 [dom]
Dom: feel free to send comments if you think the document needs improvements in terms of structure
16:12:59 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
16:13:08 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to investigate why IE Mobile fais the cookies test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
16:13:14 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0005.html Kai's report
16:13:23 [dom]
Kai: still don't know how I got it to fail the first time
16:13:28 [dom]
... it now passes in any case
16:13:43 [wilhelm]
heisenbug
16:14:11 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to provide test cases showing actual usage of contenteditable and inputmode for IE Mobile testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]
16:14:17 [dom]
-> http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/inputmode.html inputmode test
16:14:28 [dom]
-> http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/contenteditable.html contenteditable test
16:14:46 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to verify IE mobile with new inputmode/contenteditable tests
16:15:04 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose a first "draft" of the white paper on WCTMB [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action14] [PENDING]
16:15:22 [dom]
Kai: I'm not sure what to there any more
16:15:29 [dom]
s/to there/to do/
16:15:41 [dom]
... I was thinking to do this as a blog format
16:15:55 [dom]
... with findings going out a week at a time
16:16:37 [dom]
Dom: I'm fine with a blog, as long as we can gather something up as a WG Note
16:16:49 [dom]
Kai: let's start with the blog format, and compile it up at the end
16:17:18 [dom]
... I can draft the first blog by the end of this week
16:19:15 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to send details on his idea for a local blog system to Dom
16:19:31 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
16:19:41 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action15] [PENDING]
16:20:26 [dom]
Dom: contacted our OMA liaison; waiting to hear feedback from them
16:20:34 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action16] [PENDING]
16:21:04 [dom]
Wilhelm: I've started to look into this; I've found most of the relevant points, but am waiting to get the actual information to be extracted
16:21:15 [dom]
Topic: Rechartering
16:21:26 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to suggest improved wording for the charter [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action17] [DONE]
16:21:34 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0009.html Kai's comments
16:22:17 [dom]
Kai: a bit concerned about 'adaption', hence my reaction; "suited" sounds fine :)
16:22:55 [dom]
Dom: OK with the current charter then?
16:22:59 [dom]
Kai: yeah, thanks for updating it
16:23:37 [dom]
Wilhelm: I think the charter covers most things needed
16:25:56 [Zakim]
-Kai
16:25:58 [Zakim]
-??P50
16:25:58 [Zakim]
-Dom
16:25:59 [Zakim]
-wilhelm
16:26:01 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:26:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were wilhelm, Dom, Kai
16:26:03 [hendry]
whoa, that was quick :)
16:26:23 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:26:28 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:26:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:26:49 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
16:26:56 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:26:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:27:40 [wilhelm]
hendry: http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/H/heisenbug.html
16:29:17 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 16 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to raise visibility on Kai's work on widgets to the WebAppS WG Chairs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [DONE] [1]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-05-12
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to follow up on widgets testing with Kai [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01] [PENDING] [2]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-05-36
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review Kai's work on widgets testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE] [3]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-06-15
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [4]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-09-22
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to update the di guidelines based on the comments received so far [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE] [5]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-09-54
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [PENDING] [6]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-10-18
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review the di guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action10] [PENDING] [7]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-10-28
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to contribute to the di guidelines (an example?) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action11] [PENDING] [8]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-10-46
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to investigate why IE Mobile fais the cookies test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE] [9]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-13-08
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to provide test cases showing actual usage of contenteditable and inputmode for IE Mobile testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [DONE] [10]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-14-11
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to verify IE mobile with new inputmode/contenteditable tests [11]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-14-46
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to propose a first "draft" of the white paper on WCTMB [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action14] [PENDING] [12]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-15-04
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to send details on his idea for a local blog system to Dom [13]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-19-15
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action15] [PENDING] [14]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-19-41
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action16] [PENDING] [15]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-20-34
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to suggest improved wording for the charter [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html#action17] [DONE] [16]
16:29:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mwts-irc#T16-21-26
16:29:19 [dom]
Zakim, bye
16:29:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts