IRC log of mediaann on 2008-11-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:56:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
20:56:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mediaann-irc
20:56:49 [fsasaki]
meeting: mawg
20:56:51 [fsasaki]
chair: Felix
20:56:56 [fsasaki]
scribe: tbd
20:57:12 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Nov/0124.html
20:57:40 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:57:51 [fsasaki]
Regrets: Raphael, Hui, Werner, Thierry, Victor
20:58:02 [DrErnie]
DrErnie has joined #mediaann
20:58:17 [tobiasb]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
20:58:17 [Zakim]
+tobiasb; got it
20:58:24 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:58:25 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mediaann
20:58:38 [Zakim]
+pchampin
20:58:58 [cgi-irc]
Zakim, cgi-irc is me
20:58:58 [Zakim]
sorry, cgi-irc, I do not recognize a party named 'cgi-irc'
20:58:59 [fsasaki]
me zakim, dial felix-home
20:58:59 [Zakim]
+jcraig
20:59:14 [Zakim]
+Felix
20:59:42 [Zakim]
-jcraig
20:59:48 [Zakim]
+??P4
21:00:02 [Zakim]
+jcraig
21:00:08 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
21:00:15 [davy]
davy has joined #mediaann
21:00:21 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:00:41 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
21:00:59 [cgi-irc]
Zakim, cgi-irc is Vero
21:00:59 [Zakim]
sorry, cgi-irc, I do not recognize a party named 'cgi-irc'
21:01:19 [frank]
frank has joined #mediaann
21:01:24 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:01:44 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.17.aaaa
21:02:21 [frank]
hello everybody - frank on irc only
21:02:36 [fsasaki]
present: ruben, tobiasb, veronique, pchampin, Felix, Ernie, jcraig, Wonsuk, Davy, Joakim, frank
21:03:18 [fsasaki]
topic: Agenda review / approval of previous minutes
21:03:26 [Daniel]
I am on the call, can you hear me ? probably mic is some problmatic via skype...
21:03:33 [joakim]
felix: Joakim became co-chair
21:03:50 [fsasaki]
present+ Daniel
21:04:01 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mediaann-minutes.html
21:04:07 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Nov/0124.html
21:04:54 [fsasaki]
minutes approved
21:04:56 [fsasaki]
topic: Selection of scribe for next meeting
21:05:21 [fsasaki]
handle via mail
21:05:22 [fsasaki]
Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call time
21:05:45 [joakim]
Next call 2 December
21:05:50 [fsasaki]
topic: Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call time
21:05:51 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Meeting_Agenda_Ghentf2f_2008
21:06:43 [joakim]
Felix plan to update agenda in next two weeks
21:07:23 [Daniel]
+1
21:07:44 [Daniel]
can we ask who will be participating this upcoming f2f on the IRC ?
21:08:07 [joakim]
Update agenda on Wiki if you miss something
21:08:12 [Daniel]
my mic is not working...:-(
21:08:18 [Ruben]
I will participate on the IRC
21:08:21 [DrErnie]
What's the date/ time zone for the F2F meeting?
21:08:28 [cgi-irc]
I will participate on IRC
21:08:29 [Daniel]
I will
21:08:38 [tobiasb]
I will be in Ghent
21:08:42 [fsasaki]
I will
21:08:46 [davy]
I will also be in Ghent
21:08:48 [wonsuk]
I will
21:08:48 [DrErnie]
sorry, too early for me. :-)
21:08:55 [pchampin]
not sure yet
21:09:01 [pchampin]
if I do, that will be on IRC
21:09:21 [frank]
I will be in Ghent too
21:09:27 [Ruben]
Victor will be in Ghent representing the "UPC gang"
21:09:27 [joakim]
+1
21:10:51 [fsasaki]
topic: Action items
21:10:55 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
21:11:33 [fsasaki]
ACTION-20 - ongoing
21:11:44 [fsasaki]
ACTION-22 - ongoing, waiting for Karen
21:12:00 [fsasaki]
ACTION-32
21:12:20 [Daniel]
not yet, I will do asap
21:12:26 [fsasaki]
ongoing
21:12:38 [fsasaki]
ACTION-33 - ongoing
21:12:50 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-37
21:12:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-37 Write a mail about the general structure of the use cases / req document closed
21:12:59 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-38
21:12:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-38 Draft a first agenda for the f2f meeting closed
21:13:10 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-39
21:13:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-39 Put description about transmission cc in Wiki closed
21:13:43 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-40
21:13:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-40 to send around an exemple of what she means with "plugging into complex model" closed
21:13:54 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-41
21:13:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-41 Look into the MPEG API closed
21:14:12 [fsasaki]
topic: Use case and requirements document structure
21:14:17 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Nov/0100.html
21:16:33 [veronique]
it is fine with me
21:16:36 [pchampin]
+1
21:16:41 [Daniel]
+1
21:16:44 [Ruben]
+1
21:16:45 [joakim]
+1
21:16:46 [wonsuk]
+1
21:16:48 [tobiasb]
+1
21:16:49 [veronique]
the structure wold be clear
21:16:51 [davy]
+1
21:17:26 [Daniel]
one think that I have a direction is to make a usecase&req draft as simple as possible
21:17:48 [joakim]
Veronique can make the change to new documetn strucutre
21:19:02 [veronique]
Me and Wonsuk will change the structure
21:20:28 [fsasaki]
topic: Features table from Ruben
21:20:41 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/FeaturesTable
21:20:50 [joakim]
Lets spend time on document during f2f
21:21:06 [frank]
+1
21:22:36 [Daniel]
it's very useful. yes we will be able to spend much time for this discussion in Ghent
21:22:37 [joakim]
Ruben commented the feature table
21:23:09 [pchampin]
I think a line may be missing from the table
21:23:25 [joakim]
The table can serve as a template for everyone to edit
21:24:07 [joakim]
One line might be missing: the issue of annotating fragments
21:24:37 [joakim]
Or is it realted to the Media fragments group?
21:26:09 [veronique]
are there description properties that are valid only for fragments of media documents?
21:26:15 [Ruben]
like SegmentDecomposition in MPEG-7
21:26:55 [joakim]
Ruben thinks media fragments should be considered
21:27:34 [joakim]
Identify fragments such as charcaters or an emotion in a scene
21:28:00 [Ruben]
Well I did not say that, I'm just trying to understand Pierre-A...
21:28:14 [joakim]
exchange metdata independent of the media
21:28:32 [joakim]
Ruben will summerize his thoughts
21:29:13 [fsasaki]
s/Ruben /Pierre-Antoine Champin /
21:29:36 [fsasaki]
topic: Re-confirmation request from Daniel about the scope of our group
21:29:45 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Nov/0111.html
21:30:22 [fsasaki]
"The main focus of our group is video. We are also looking into other
21:30:24 [fsasaki]
multimedia vocabularies, including ID3. However, I cannot tell (yet) to
21:30:26 [fsasaki]
what extend these will be taken into account."
21:31:19 [Daniel]
my thought is. video (and partially autio) is in-scope, music/image/text is out-of scope, any thoughts ?
21:32:04 [Daniel]
sorry, I can't speak out using mic yet...pls be patient
21:32:05 [wonsuk]
s/autio/audio
21:32:05 [veronique]
why would image and music be out of scope (particularly if audio is in scope)..
21:32:30 [frank]
what daniel wants to say is: we focus on temporal media only?
21:32:55 [veronique]
I agree with audio as a priority
21:33:18 [fsasaki]
s/audio /video /
21:33:20 [joakim]
Felix: Video is in the center, but we might take other modalities into account
21:33:22 [frank]
audio should really be in there
21:33:33 [veronique]
but audio and images standards are quite close on some aspects
21:34:01 [veronique]
that's why I do not see images as "out of scope"
21:34:49 [Daniel]
just trying to make a clear definition of *video*
21:36:37 [fsasaki]
joakim: think we should also images into account, since there are many image files available. Would be not good to disregard them
21:37:03 [Daniel]
I agree with Joakim's concern, yeah seems to be also complex. I'd propose an email discussion on the list later. I will post
21:37:42 [Daniel]
OK, after email discussion, then I will wrap up that and go to f2f
21:38:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
21:39:22 [fsasaki]
topic: Layer structure discussion
21:39:49 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Flat_syntax_for_structured_model
21:41:03 [joakim]
P-A: Inorder to decide if we need strucutre or flat model we should construct a conemptual model first
21:42:14 [veronique]
s/conemptual/conceptual
21:42:34 [joakim]
We should decide if we need a syntax
21:42:55 [joakim]
in that case keep the syntax simple
21:43:50 [joakim]
We need a mixture of structured and flat model
21:44:22 [joakim]
A conceptual model could help avoiding repeating propoerties
21:45:15 [Zakim]
-Felix
21:46:22 [joakim]
we deicde based on the use case document
21:46:32 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/MXM
21:47:15 [Ruben]
Victor is not here
21:47:38 [Daniel]
yeah, victor is not here, so let's move that on the mailing list or next call
21:47:40 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/TXFeed
21:48:36 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/XMP
21:49:04 [Daniel]
XMP review will be part of f2f agenda.
21:49:31 [joakim]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Nov/0097.html
21:50:37 [joakim]
Flickr machine tags are interesting because they are flat
21:51:35 [joakim]
Not using a name space but a prefix
21:52:51 [joakim]
Should we investigate flickr machines tags closer?
21:53:51 [joakim]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-req/mediaont-req.html
21:54:09 [veronique]
the approach sounds interesting, even if images are not the primary focus of the WG
21:54:29 [Daniel]
are somebody take this as a new ACTION ITEM ?
21:54:53 [pchampin]
i can do that
21:55:00 [Daniel]
good,
21:55:42 [joakim]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html
21:56:50 [Daniel]
ok, it's just boilerplate issue
21:57:12 [Daniel]
last question before closing
21:57:23 [Daniel]
are you all ok this call time ?
21:57:47 [veronique]
well, it is quite late here...
21:57:48 [wonsuk]
It's very early to me.
21:57:51 [Daniel]
I saw may regrets since it's too late...what do you think ? shall we change ?
21:58:29 [Daniel]
OK, Joakim and myself will make some alternative for the call time
21:58:33 [Zakim]
-jcraig
21:58:34 [veronique]
but there has been a vote about this schedule, no?
21:58:44 [veronique]
ok
21:58:58 [Daniel]
we can vote our schedule whenever we want...:-)
21:58:59 [erik]
erik has joined #mediaann
21:59:06 [Daniel]
thanks, and see you next call
21:59:14 [Ruben]
Bye
21:59:16 [Zakim]
-Davy
21:59:18 [Zakim]
-Wonsuk
21:59:19 [Daniel]
minutes draft
21:59:19 [Zakim]
-ruben
21:59:21 [Zakim]
-pchampin
21:59:24 [joakim]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:59:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-mediaann-minutes.html joakim
21:59:24 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has left #mediaann
21:59:33 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #mediaann
21:59:40 [Zakim]
-Ernie
21:59:40 [frank]
bye
21:59:42 [Zakim]
-veronique
21:59:46 [joakim]
bye
22:00:08 [veronique]
logout
22:00:14 [Zakim]
-tobiasb
22:01:17 [joakim]
rssagent, show actions
22:05:15 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Joakim, in IA_MAWG()4:00PM
22:05:18 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()4:00PM has ended
22:05:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were tobiasb, pchampin, jcraig, Felix, Ernie, Wonsuk, ruben, veronique, +46.1.07.17.aaaa, Davy, Joakim
22:06:57 [davy]
davy has left #mediaann
22:09:54 [joakim]
logout
22:10:04 [joakim]
joakim has left #mediaann
23:11:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann