IRC log of wam on 2008-11-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:02:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
12:02:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-irc
12:02:20 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
12:02:26 [ArtB]
Date: 20 November 2008
12:02:30 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0253.html
12:02:37 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
12:02:41 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
12:03:13 [ArtB]
Present: Art, David, Benoit
12:03:16 [JereK]
JereK has joined #wam
12:03:30 [ArtB]
Regrets: Arve, Nick
12:05:37 [ArtB]
Topic: Agenda Review
12:05:53 [ArtB]
AB: any change proposals for today's agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0253.html ?
12:05:54 [JereK]
JereK has joined #wam
12:05:55 [ArtB]
[None]
12:06:02 [ArtB]
Topic: Annoucements
12:06:07 [JereK]
ArtB, only IRC this time
12:06:14 [ArtB]
AB: I sent a proposal to change the VC time
12:06:23 [ArtB]
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-webapps/2008OctDec/0030.html
12:06:31 [ArtB]
... Responses are due by Nov 24
12:06:39 [ArtB]
AB: any issues for people?
12:07:00 [ArtB]
BS: it would be better for me if was 1 hour later from the proposed time
12:07:20 [ArtB]
... 16:00 would be better for me
12:07:47 [ArtB]
AB: please send your comments to the mail list
12:08:11 [ArtB]
AB: I believe one prob is that 16:00 Paris will conflict with XML Security WG's VC
12:08:30 [ArtB]
Present: +Jere
12:09:45 [ArtB]
Topic: Issue #19 http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19
12:10:05 [ArtB]
DR: I think we don't have the right people to discuss this
12:10:14 [ArtB]
... In particular Mark, Marcos and Thomas
12:10:34 [ArtB]
AB: does that concern apply to all of the sub-bullets?
12:10:38 [ArtB]
DR: yes, certainly
12:10:51 [ArtB]
AB: I tend to agree
12:11:12 [ArtB]
... The next opportunity to discuss this is December 4
12:11:21 [ArtB]
DR: can we arrange an interim call?
12:11:29 [ArtB]
AB: yes, I think that is possible
12:11:45 [ArtB]
... but I don't know about the probability of success
12:12:12 [ArtB]
DR: there could be some discussions
12:12:22 [ArtB]
AB: my proposal is multi-part:
12:12:43 [ArtB]
... 1. Everyone should discuss these items on the public mail list
12:13:17 [ArtB]
... 2. Regarding the questions for XML Sec WG, need a proposed resolution
12:13:27 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
12:13:27 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
12:13:29 [Zakim]
+Mike
12:13:33 [ArtB]
DR: I can take an action for #2 above and coordinate a response
12:13:40 [ArtB]
Present+ Mike
12:14:44 [ArtB]
ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0242.html)
12:15:03 [ArtB]
AB: any comments about those questions?
12:15:48 [ArtB]
AB: a question I have is about the priority e.g. v1 or v2
12:16:01 [ArtB]
DR: I think we need answers now
12:16:16 [ArtB]
AB: a related I have is do we need to block on answers?
12:16:20 [ArtB]
DR: yes we do
12:16:36 [ArtB]
AB: we agree they are important
12:16:49 [ArtB]
... and that we cannot proceed without some help from the XML Sec WG
12:17:10 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on the DigSig spec?
12:17:16 [ArtB]
[ None ]
12:17:25 [ArtB]
Topic: APIs and Events spec
12:17:42 [ArtB]
AB: Arve told me yesterday that he would not be able to make today's call
12:18:11 [ArtB]
AB: this again means we will need to postpone discussions
12:18:22 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments on this spec?
12:18:25 [ArtB]
[ None ]
12:18:28 [ArtB]
Topic: AOB
12:18:41 [ArtB]
AB: one thing is next VC
12:18:49 [ArtB]
... It will be December 4
12:18:51 [Benoit]
Benoit has joined #wam
12:19:04 [ArtB]
... There will be no VC on December 11 because of the security Workshop
12:19:25 [ArtB]
... This means then, there will be just two more calls in 2008
12:20:03 [ArtB]
BS: We will need to use one of those calls to discuss LC for the P&C
12:20:09 [ArtB]
... That was planned
12:20:16 [ArtB]
AB: yes, that's what we discussed before
12:20:29 [ArtB]
... I don't know if that is realistic anymore
12:20:48 [ArtB]
... We need Marcos in that discussion
12:20:57 [ArtB]
AB: any other business?
12:21:15 [ArtB]
DR: current status of the documents
12:21:22 [ArtB]
... has that been updated recently?
12:21:42 [ArtB]
AB: I only update that after we make a publication
12:22:07 [ArtB]
DR: regarding Editor help for the APIs and Events spec, Claudio volunteered and that's OK with us
12:22:19 [ArtB]
... If more help is needed I think we can help
12:22:49 [ArtB]
AB: anything else?
12:22:52 [ArtB]
[ None ]
12:22:56 [ArtB]
AB: meeting adjourned
12:23:01 [Zakim]
-Benoit
12:23:03 [Zakim]
-David
12:23:03 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log Public
12:23:07 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop Mike
12:23:07 [Zakim]
Mike is being disconnected
12:23:09 [Zakim]
-Mike
12:23:10 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
12:23:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html ArtB
12:23:14 [JereK]
JereK has left #wam
12:23:27 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
12:23:28 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)7:00AM has ended
12:23:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were Art_Barstow, Benoit, David, Mike
12:24:03 [ArtB]
Present: Art, David, Benoit, MikeSmith-IRC, Jere-IRC
12:24:18 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
12:24:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html ArtB
12:26:27 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
12:26:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wam
12:26:54 [benoit]
benoit has joined #wam
12:26:59 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
12:27:05 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
12:27:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html ArtB
12:27:46 [benoit]
benoit has left #wam
12:27:59 [benoit]
benoit has joined #wam
12:28:03 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, bye
12:28:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-actions.rdf :
12:28:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0242.html) [1]
12:28:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-irc#T12-14-44