IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-11-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:00:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:00:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-irc
10:00:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:00:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
10:00:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:00:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM already started
10:00:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:00:15 [trackbot]
Date: 19 November 2008
10:00:49 [erik]
thx anyway Yves for starting things up
10:01:07 [Gui]
Gui has joined #mediafrag
10:01:29 [erik]
np
10:03:45 [jackjansen]
Got coffee too. Searching for telephone.
10:03:59 [Zakim]
+Kagiso
10:04:00 [Zakim]
-Kagiso
10:04:00 [Zakim]
+Kagiso
10:04:43 [Zakim]
+jackjansen
10:05:16 [Gui]
zakim, +27 is Gui
10:05:16 [Zakim]
sorry, Gui, I do not recognize a party named '+27'
10:06:26 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:07:05 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediafrag
10:07:27 [erik]
Silvia, will you be able to call in? or should we start?
10:07:49 [Zakim]
+Thierry
10:08:04 [thierry]
zakim, mute me
10:08:04 [Zakim]
Thierry should now be muted
10:08:55 [erik]
scribe Gui
10:08:56 [Gui]
scribe: Gui
10:09:47 [Yves]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0074.html
10:09:48 [Gui]
Accept previous minutes
10:09:58 [Gui]
Actions to be closed :
10:10:10 [erik]
close ACTION-9
10:10:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-9 Make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC closed
10:10:51 [jackjansen]
Gui, do you know the teleconf cheatsheet? http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/CheatSheet
10:11:22 [Gui]
I'm looking at it!
10:13:23 [Gui]
About the 2nd F2F, booking later?
10:13:30 [Gui]
close ACTION-12
10:13:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-12 Chase for answers on the questionaire of the 2nd F2F meeting in Ghent closed
10:13:36 [Gui]
close ACTION-11
10:13:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 Reserve the phone conf at 10:00 UTC (see results questionaire) closed
10:14:00 [erik]
close ACTION-12
10:14:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-12 Chase for answers on the questionaire of the 2nd F2F meeting in Ghent closed
10:14:52 [Gui]
Working Draft
10:16:38 [Gui]
ACTION: Gui to add some additional scenarios under Use Cases
10:16:38 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Gui
10:18:18 [Gui]
3.2 About Merging the two pages
10:18:36 [Gui]
on the wiki : Types of Media Fragment Addressing and HTTP Caching
10:18:37 [erik]
Davy, good idea to merge your page with Guillaume's?
10:18:46 [Yves]
+1 to merging those two pages
10:18:51 [davy]
yes, +1
10:19:10 [Gui]
ok
10:19:22 [Yves]
note that I'll make modifications wrt ranges on it, so please tell me when I can do that to avoid interfering with the merging process
10:19:40 [erik]
responsability by Guillaume
10:19:40 [Gui]
Gui to merge the two wiki pages
10:21:25 [Gui]
About action-8. Yves still discussing it with expert. Once the merging is done, Yves will update the wiki page accordingly
10:21:51 [Gui]
Yves to include the information before the next F2F
10:22:52 [Gui]
Raphael still has to write down about the 2-ways handshake, skip for now.
10:23:18 [Gui]
close ACTION-10
10:23:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 Review the RTSP implementation document closed
10:23:43 [erik]
remark of Jack ... RTSP doc us fine as is (for the moment)
10:24:32 [Gui]
Did you send an example of how it is done in SMIL on the mailing-list?
10:24:42 [jackjansen]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art
10:25:35 [Gui]
section on SMIL, would also like examples of how fragments are identified
10:28:33 [Gui]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0056.html
10:28:49 [Gui]
at the end of the archived mail
10:29:32 [Gui]
and reply by Silvia : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0059.html
10:30:20 [Gui]
The part where it talks of what Fragment URI would look like when combined with clipBegin and clipEnd
10:31:24 [Gui]
ACTION: Jack Examples of combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd
10:31:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-13 - Examples of combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd [on Jack Jansen - due 2008-11-26].
10:33:14 [Gui]
Now looking at issues, any thing to discuss further or to suggest as issue?
10:34:50 [jackjansen]
zakim, mute me
10:34:50 [Zakim]
jackjansen should now be muted
10:35:33 [Gui]
Ideas of what should be discussed at the F2F?
10:36:12 [Gui]
Eric will start the agenda with Davy
10:36:54 [jackjansen]
zakim, unmute me
10:36:54 [Zakim]
jackjansen should no longer be muted
10:37:05 [Gui]
nothing else to discuss?
10:37:20 [Gui]
Jack
10:37:32 [Gui]
Jack's fine, Gui's fine, see you next week!
10:37:35 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
10:37:36 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:37:39 [Zakim]
-erik
10:37:40 [Zakim]
-Kagiso
10:37:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:37:54 [Gui]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:37:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-minutes.html Gui
10:39:38 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
10:39:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were erik, Kagiso, jackjansen, Yves, Thierry
10:39:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:45:07 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
10:48:57 [nessy]
ah bummer
10:49:22 [nessy]
sorry guys - forgot the time over dinner and a video :-(
10:49:37 [Yves]
a complete video, or only a fragment? :)
10:53:27 [nessy]
lol
10:53:33 [nessy]
a series of House
10:53:39 [nessy]
always on at this time on Wednesdays
10:53:47 [nessy]
I need to remember to set an alarm for wednesdays
10:53:51 [Yves]
does it mean we have to change the telcon time? :)
10:53:52 [nessy]
then I can watch it later
10:54:09 [nessy]
hehe - no, I'll get myself organised :)
10:54:21 [nessy]
have just read back over it
10:54:43 [nessy]
anything I should think about?
10:55:27 [nessy]
what are those pages we are merging?
10:57:09 [Yves]
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0084.html
10:58:04 [nessy]
ah cool
10:58:20 [nessy]
I would however remove the byte range part from that page and keep it on a separate page
10:58:42 [nessy]
doesn't really have anything to do with the types of fragment addressing list
10:59:04 [nessy]
and should go into http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
11:03:17 [nessy]
how's France?
11:03:47 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
11:03:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gui to add some additional scenarios under Use Cases [1]
11:03:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-irc#T10-16-38
11:03:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jack Examples of combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd [2]
11:03:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-irc#T10-31-24
11:03:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag