IRC log of egov on 2008-11-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:55:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
15:55:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-egov-irc
15:55:18 [josema]
josema has changed the topic to: Chairs call
15:55:35 [josema]
chair: john, kevin
15:55:44 [josema]
scribe: minute
15:55:48 [josema]
scribe: josema
15:55:52 [josema]
agenda?
16:00:17 [josema]
trackbot, start telcon
16:00:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
16:00:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see T&S_EGOV()11:00AM already started
16:00:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
16:00:23 [trackbot]
Date: 19 November 2008
16:00:26 [josema]
zakim, call josema-office
16:00:26 [Zakim]
ok, josema; the call is being made
16:00:27 [Zakim]
+Josema
16:00:31 [Zakim]
-Josema
16:00:36 [josema]
zakim, call josema-office
16:00:36 [Zakim]
ok, josema; the call is being made
16:00:38 [Zakim]
+Josema
16:01:04 [josema]
zakim, josema has also oscar
16:01:04 [Zakim]
+also, oscar; got it
16:01:11 [josema]
zaki, who's here?
16:01:15 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
16:01:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema
16:01:16 [Zakim]
Josema has also, oscar
16:01:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, john, josema, darobin, trackbot, kjetil
16:07:19 [john]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2008/nov/12/ordnance-survey-google-maps-copyright
16:09:02 [john]
also http://www.freeourdata.org.uk/blog/index.php
16:10:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.626.aaaa
16:10:44 [josema]
zakim, aaaa is kevin
16:10:44 [Zakim]
+kevin; got it
16:11:36 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
16:11:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john, Josema, kevin
16:11:38 [Zakim]
Josema has also, oscar
16:11:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, john, josema, darobin, trackbot, kjetil
16:12:01 [josema]
zakim, who's noisy?
16:12:13 [Zakim]
josema, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: john (33%), Josema (5%), kevin (77%)
16:14:06 [john]
competition winners: http://www.showusabetterway.co.uk/call/2008/11/and-the-winners-are.html (not for minutes)
16:16:42 [josema]
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Use_Cases
16:21:21 [josema]
[some talking about the Group Note]
16:21:43 [josema]
[jose suggests the structure to be captured from existing stuff]
16:21:55 [josema]
john: idea looks good to me
16:22:10 [josema]
kevin: rough outline
16:22:12 [josema]
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/GroupOutline
16:23:16 [josema]
... should serve as basis for document
16:23:33 [josema]
... matter of compiling the information in these terms
16:24:54 [josema]
josema: ok, I can take care that
16:25:11 [josema]
ACTION josema to draft document outline based on existing stuff
16:25:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-37 - Draft document outline based on existing stuff [on José Manuel Alonso - due 2008-11-26].
16:25:33 [josema]
ACTION kevin to update Activity Plan
16:25:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-38 - Update Activity Plan [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-11-26].
16:26:08 [josema]
josema: what else?
16:26:14 [josema]
kevin: status of IG
16:26:40 [josema]
... Chris expects his TF to have something to report on the next Group call
16:27:08 [josema]
oscar: no interest expressed to me in order to develop any of my TF related use cases
16:27:44 [josema]
kevin: I haven't seen any response from Ari to the email I sent last week to TF coordinators asking for updates
16:31:59 [josema]
josema: have you decided on any of the proposals I sent before the previous call?
16:32:16 [josema]
... just do use cases or try to come up with BPs, too?
16:32:33 [josema]
[kevin reviews Activity Plan aloud]
16:33:34 [josema]
kevin: trying to produce more than the use cases stuff from here to the summer looks difficult
16:33:39 [josema]
john: agree
16:34:39 [josema]
kevin: we need to be successful in a timely fashion, lots of exciting stuff going on here in the US
16:36:40 [josema]
john: reality check is that we need to get the use cases out
16:38:59 [josema]
josema: would you like to discuss about dates?
16:39:07 [josema]
kevin, john: yes
16:40:12 [josema]
[about moratoria: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008AprJun/0066]
16:48:51 [josema]
josema: what about having an editor draft in 2-3 weeks from now?
16:49:00 [josema]
s/editor/editor's
16:49:39 [josema]
john: having he Group draft published in mid-December or mid-January, does not make a difference to me
16:51:52 [josema]
john: it would be useful for me that once we have the structure to have it shared, even if it has lots of gaps
16:55:00 [john]
whatever is easy, is fine by me
16:56:28 [john]
I'm going to need to go in 3 mins...
16:59:03 [josema]
ACTION josema to go around and ask people outside the Group to send use cases
16:59:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - Go around and ask people outside the Group to send use cases [on José Manuel Alonso - due 2008-11-26].
17:01:04 [Zakim]
-kevin
17:01:10 [Zakim]
-Josema
17:01:11 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV()11:00AM has ended
17:01:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were john, also, oscar, +1.202.626.aaaa, kevin
17:02:19 [josema]
oscar: let's start asking people in the Group to participate at least in one use case
17:02:23 [josema]
kevin: +1
17:02:25 [josema]
john: +1
17:02:32 [josema]
[ADJOURNED]
17:02:41 [josema]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:02:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-egov-minutes.html josema
17:38:56 [josema]
zakim, bye
17:38:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #egov
17:56:37 [Rinke]
Rinke has joined #egov