IRC log of mwts on 2008-11-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:57:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc
15:58:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:58:23 [wilhelm]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:58:33 [wilhelm]
Zakim, this will be TS
15:58:33 [Zakim]
ok, wilhelm; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
15:59:05 [wilhelm]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
16:00:01 [wilhelm]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Nov/0003.html
16:00:18 [wilhelm]
Chair: dom
16:01:41 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:01:48 [Zakim]
+??P38
16:01:51 [Zakim]
+wilhelm
16:01:54 [dom]
zakim, ??P38 is me
16:01:54 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
16:02:31 [Zakim]
+ +0788217aaaa
16:02:41 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Kai
16:02:41 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
16:03:04 [dom]
Topic: Widgets Testing
16:03:16 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to forward his notes to the webapps list and to announce his early work on testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action02]
16:03:17 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
16:03:24 [hendry]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0235.html
16:04:53 [dom]
Kai: I haven't received any answer on that yet; I'm still working on it, but would be useful to get feedback
16:05:24 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to raise visibility on Kai's work on widgets to the WebAppS WG Chairs
16:05:39 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to follow up on widgets testing with Kai [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01] [PENDING]
16:06:00 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'm looking internally to see which systems and resources that we can share from Opera; it's pending approval
16:06:08 [dom]
... I'm trying to get more people involved
16:06:51 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review Kai's work on widgets testing
16:07:20 [Zakim]
+??P19
16:07:30 [dom]
zakim, ??P19 is dmitri
16:07:30 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
16:07:38 [dom]
Topic: Cookies test suite
16:07:51 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING]
16:07:57 [dom]
Wilhelm: made some progress
16:07:59 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
16:08:08 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
16:08:29 [dom]
Kai: have you noticed on the new windows mobile browser screenshot of the WCT that it is failing the cookies test?
16:09:06 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to investigate why IE Mobile fais the cookies test
16:09:44 [dom]
Kai: I'm surprised that it passed the contenteditable and inputmode tests
16:09:58 [dom]
Wilhelm: I can make tests that actually use these features to check
16:10:15 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to provide test cases showing actual usage of contenteditable and inputmode for IE Mobile testing
16:10:33 [dom]
Topic: Device Independent Testing Guidelines
16:10:54 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to update the di guidelines based on the comments received so far [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING]
16:11:02 [dom]
s/PENDING/DONE
16:11:12 [dom]
Carmelo: I've put up an updated version in the repository
16:11:18 [hendry]
link? to diff? :P
16:11:19 [dom]
... Someone suggested to add examples to the guidelines
16:11:35 [dom]
... if anyone has actual examples to suggest as a basis for inspiration, this would be great
16:11:40 [dom]
s/DONE/PENDING
16:11:48 [hendry]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html
16:11:57 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html CVS
16:13:58 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines
16:14:10 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review the di guidelines
16:14:20 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to contribute to the di guidelines (an example?)
16:14:38 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
16:14:58 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to make it easier to get to wct from /Mobile on W3C site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
16:15:06 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/Mobile/
16:15:50 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to check about requirements for press release on web compatibility test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [PENDING]
16:17:25 [dom]
Dom: seems like making a press release out of the blue would be a bit awkward
16:17:44 [dom]
... didn't hear much enthusiasm about doing a technical report last time
16:18:06 [dom]
... we could piggy back on a related event, but not sure what
16:20:48 [dom]
Kai: we could review the leading browsers through the test
16:20:59 [dom]
... and publish that as a state of the industry
16:23:12 [dom]
dom: we need to remain vendors neutral
16:23:27 [dom]
... but we could do a more in depth analysis of the current state of the market
16:24:49 [dom]
kai: like that idea; would be worth doing on a regular basis too
16:25:26 [dom]
... I'm happy to contribute screenshots as I take them
16:26:41 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose a first "draft" of the white paper on WCTMB
16:27:44 [dom]
Topic: Agreement on test suites with OMA
16:30:09 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report
16:31:34 [dom]
Wilhelm: we need to make sure that their tests are correct
16:31:50 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites
16:35:39 [dom]
Topic: Rechartering
16:35:51 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2008Nov/0002.html Rechartering
16:37:21 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/11/mwi-test-charter.html proposed new charter
16:39:14 [dom]
Kai: the mission sounded too hardcore compared to what we actually do
16:43:00 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to suggest improved wording for the charter
16:43:38 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
16:43:39 [Zakim]
-dom
16:43:40 [Zakim]
-Kai
16:43:41 [Zakim]
-wilhelm
16:43:43 [Zakim]
-dmitri
16:43:44 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:43:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were wilhelm, dom, +0788217aaaa, Kai, Carmelo, dmitri
16:44:08 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:44:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:44:15 [dom]
Zakim, bye
16:44:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
16:45:57 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:45:59 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:45:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:46:01 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 17 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to forward his notes to the webapps list and to announce his early work on testing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [1]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-03-16
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to raise visibility on Kai's work on widgets to the WebAppS WG Chairs [2]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-05-24
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to follow up on widgets testing with Kai [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01] [PENDING] [3]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-05-39
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review Kai's work on widgets testing [4]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-06-51
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING] [5]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-07-51
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to investigate why IE Mobile fais the cookies test [6]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-09-06
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to provide test cases showing actual usage of contenteditable and inputmode for IE Mobile testing [7]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-10-15
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to update the di guidelines based on the comments received so far [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING] [8]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-10-54
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review the di guidelines [9]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-13-58
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review the di guidelines [10]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-14-10
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to contribute to the di guidelines (an example?) [11]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-14-20
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to make it easier to get to wct from /Mobile on W3C site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE] [12]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-14-58
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to check about requirements for press release on web compatibility test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [PENDING] [13]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-15-50
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to propose a first "draft" of the white paper on WCTMB [14]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-26-41
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look back at OMA situation and report [15]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-30-09
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhem to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites [16]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-31-50
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to suggest improved wording for the charter [17]
16:46:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-mwts-irc#T16-43-00