IRC log of sml on 2008-11-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:02:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
19:02:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-irc
19:02:06 [Kirk]
invite rrsagent
19:02:12 [MSM]
Kirk, you need a leading slash
19:02:24 [MSM]
so: /invite ... (but someone already invited RRSAgent)
19:02:33 [Kumar]
Kumar has joined #sml
19:03:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.836.aabb
19:03:06 [Kirk]
meeting: W3C SML Teleconference Call
19:03:13 [Kumar]
zakim, aabb is me
19:03:13 [Zakim]
+Kumar; got it
19:03:23 [Kirk]
chair: John Arwe
19:03:31 [Kirk]
scribe: Kirk Wilson
19:03:38 [Kirk]
scribenick: Kirk
19:04:50 [Kirk]
regrets: Ginny (first hour)
19:05:08 [johnarwe_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/0011.html
19:05:34 [Kirk]
rrsagent, make log public
19:06:10 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Approval of minutes from F2F
19:06:16 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/att-0001/20081027-sml-minutes.html
19:06:43 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/att-0010/20081028-sml-minutes.html
19:06:54 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: Minutes of 10/27 accepted as record of meeting
19:07:06 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/att-0005/20081029-sml-minutes.html
19:07:10 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: Minutes of 10/28 accepted as record of meeting
19:07:24 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: Minutes of 10/29 accept as record of meeting.
19:07:52 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Communications from CG
19:08:17 [Kirk]
John: CG tentatively approved week of 02/23/2009 for next set of F2F.
19:08:54 [Kirk]
Jonh: The WG will decide if we need to meet at this time.
19:09:04 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Action Items
19:09:32 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/sml/actions/190 Test case for lax fallback
19:10:06 [Kirk]
MSM: Working on it, but status as not changed.
19:10:20 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/sml/actions/203 Draft namespace policy document
19:10:43 [Kirk]
John: We need to put a realistic date on this.
19:11:17 [Kirk]
MSM: Not clear that there is a clear deadline for this. CR publication date will be a good target.
19:12:52 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri
19:13:53 [Kirk]
John: Kumar should enter the URL in the action. Target date should be last Thursday that Kumar will be here.
19:14:44 [Kirk]
...We will assign Action to someone else if Kumar does not complete it at that time.
19:15:50 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
19:16:01 [Kirk]
John: Also open: Action 184 on Pratul to draft the XLink Note. John will close this action item
19:16:43 [Kirk]
TOPIC: CR Request
19:17:28 [Kirk]
John: Request need to be sent one week before meeting. Request was posted this morning.
19:17:55 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=cr-tr
19:18:28 [Kirk]
Jonh: Date in the request is an estimate, no need to have team vote on this.
19:18:40 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Open Issues
19:19:18 [Kirk]
Issue 6011
19:19:22 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6011 Schema 1.1 [baseURI] comments
19:20:03 [Kirk]
John: XML Schema group agreed to add [baseUR] to list of dependent properties.
19:20:31 [Kirk]
No objections from SML group to resolution proposed by XML Schema group.
19:20:53 [Kirk]
John updates the issue with SML WGs endorsement of this proposal.
19:21:03 [Kirk]
Issue 6056
19:21:37 [Kirk]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6056 Propogation of identity constraints on substitution groups
19:22:29 [Kirk]
John: XML Schema WG does not plan to make SML proposal as part of 1.1 Proposes a resolution of LATER.
19:22:54 [Kirk]
No objections from SML group to resolution proposed by XML Schema group.
19:23:04 [Kirk]
....Kumar does not object.
19:23:33 [Kirk]
John updates the issue with SML WG's endorsement of this proposal.
19:24:01 [Kirk]
John: Acknowledge that Julia has left the group. (Kirk to update scribe list.)
19:24:22 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Open issue with no Keyword
19:24:25 [johnarwe_]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6191
19:25:55 [Kirk]
John: Unclarity in the spec regarding a COSMOS test case. Does MS implementation read the text a different way?
19:29:40 [Kirk]
John: Issue is whether documentAliases are allowed to contain relative URIs.
19:30:51 [Kirk]
...Meaning of "URI prefix" in the spec--does it allow relative URIs
19:34:23 [johnarwe_]
smlif 5.4.2 defines rule binding, on rulealias defers to uri prefix matching (defined by smlif not by rfc3986)
19:34:43 [johnarwe_]
smlif 5.4.1 defines URI prefix, in this passage: Two URIs, one called the prefix, and one called the target participate in URI prefix matching. The target is said to match the prefix if and only if the target, truncated to the length of the prefix, is equal to the prefix as defined in section 5.3.1 URI equality.
19:35:18 [johnarwe_]
If we interpret URIs in that passage to mean "the URI production of RFC 3986" then it implicitly says the URIs are absolute
19:35:58 [johnarwe_]
(based on 3986 sections 3 and 4.1) in 3, URI production, scheme is required. in 4.1, a URI ref is defined as a URI or a relative ref
19:38:06 [johnarwe_]
smlif 5.4.2 calls both rulealias and documentalias values URI prefixes: The ruleBinding element is used in SML-IF to express rule bindings. In any given binding the set of rule documents is that subset of rule documents in the interchange model with an alias that matches the URI prefix given by the content of the ruleAlias element. The set of model documents in the binding is that subset of the documents in the interchange model with an alias that matches t
19:39:00 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
19:40:41 [Kirk]
Kumar: Actual conherent could be relative URI, absolutized via [baseURi]: therefore logical value is always an absolute URI.
19:41:00 [johnarwe_]
s/conherent/content/
19:41:36 [Kirk]
...Kumar: actual content of documentAlias / ruleAlias
19:41:42 [johnarwe_]
"actual content" refers to value of markup. comparison would be done after transformation to absolute URI.
19:47:27 [Kirk]
Kumar: Add in 5.4.2 a non-normative:
19:49:31 [johnarwe_]
concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as rule and document aliases are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3].
19:51:43 [johnarwe_]
concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as ruleAlias and documentAlias elements are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3].
19:52:33 [johnarwe_]
(might also append to that draft): For example, if they are relative references then they would be transformed to absolute URIs before comparison.
19:52:58 [johnarwe_]
concrete proposal draft: smlif 5.4.2, betw existing parag 2 and 3: Note: Since the URI prefixes specified as ruleAlias and documentAlias elements are aliases, they are subject to all of the processing for aliases as described in [5.3.3]. For example, if they are relative references then they would be transformed to absolute URIs before comparison.
19:55:06 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No objections to this proposal.
19:55:42 [Kirk]
John: Will paste text into the issue and change Keyword to "Editorial".
19:55:49 [Kirk]
...No review is required.
19:57:03 [Kirk]
Issue 6205: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6205
19:57:10 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
19:57:36 [Kirk]
John: This was fixed by Ginny. No need to change SML-IF.
19:57:58 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No Objections to closing this as a duplicate of 6188.
19:59:00 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Issues: Non-editorial targetted for next draft
20:00:44 [Kirk]
Issue 5680: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5680
20:02:04 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No objections to not taking any action on this.
20:02:25 [Kirk]
John: Wants to break out Comment #5 as a separate issue.
20:03:54 [Kirk]
...Issue from Yves's email.
20:04:35 [Kirk]
RESOLUTION: No objection to breaking Comment #5 into a separate issue.
20:05:00 [Kirk]
ACTION: John toopen issue based on Comment #5 in issue 5680.
20:05:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-204 - Toopen issue based on Comment #5 in issue 5680. [on John Arwe - due 2008-11-13].
20:05:36 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Assignment of person to take over XLink Technical Note.
20:06:16 [Kirk]
John: This means acting as an editor for this note.
20:06:45 [Kirk]
...Person needs to contact Henry on this note.
20:07:00 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
20:08:15 [Kirk]
Len: Will volunteer to do this. Kumar to show Len how to get CVS up and running.
20:08:44 [lencharest]
lencharest has joined #sml
20:09:00 [Kirk]
ACTION: Michael to set up Len for access to CVS.
20:09:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-205 - Set up Len for access to CVS. [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-11-13].
20:10:02 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Test Case Discussion Continued
20:11:02 [Kirk]
Features list (distributed by Kumar)
20:13:51 [Kirk]
Kumar: Will need to send out list of mapping of features to COSMOS test.
20:17:41 [Kirk]
Kirk and MSM are satisfied to have the team proceed without our exhaustive review of the test case. Kirk and MSM will bring up comments as they find appropriate in the future.
20:18:51 [Kirk]
TOPIC: Other items
20:19:31 [johnarwe_]
This document is also available in these non-normative formats: XML.
20:19:41 [johnarwe_]
links to http://www.w3.org/TR/sml/sml.xml
20:20:13 [Kirk]
Len: SML 1.1 reference to non-normative format. Only format is XML, but you don't get an XML document.
20:21:24 [Kirk]
Kumar: This is not an SML bugzilla issue.
20:21:32 [johnarwe_]
is MSM still listening?
20:22:13 [Zakim]
+MSM.a
20:22:15 [Kirk]
Kumar: Will send email to Web Admin to help us with this.
20:22:55 [Kirk]
Len: List of editorial minor editorial corrections.
20:23:44 [Kirk]
John: Easier in this case to open one bug to handle editorial issues.
20:24:02 [Kirk]
Len will open bug for these corrections.
20:24:09 [johnarwe_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Nov/0006.html
20:25:16 [Kirk]
Len: Issue re: sml:locid.
20:35:19 [Kirk]
MSM: We should not/cannot standardize on these issues. A human may be required to set up a model in another environment.
20:38:18 [Kirk]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:38:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html Kirk
20:44:54 [MSM]
MSM has joined #sml
20:45:02 [Kirk]
MSM: Yes, it is a problem for interoperability. But we are not sure of the extent to which it is resolvable.
20:45:21 [Kirk]
...Len will not push the issue.
20:45:54 [Kirk]
John: Transition meeting schedule for one week from today in the morning.
20:46:42 [Kirk]
Adjournment: 3:47 pm ET.
20:46:44 [Zakim]
-Sandy
20:46:45 [Zakim]
-Kumar
20:46:48 [Zakim]
-MSM.a
20:46:49 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:46:49 [Zakim]
- +1.603.823.aaaa
20:46:50 [Zakim]
-JohnArwe
20:47:04 [Kirk]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:47:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html Kirk
20:47:36 [Kirk]
rrsagent, make log public
20:50:43 [johnarwe_]
zakim, who was here?
20:50:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, johnarwe_.
21:05:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, MSM, in XML_SMLWG()2:00PM
21:05:04 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has ended
21:05:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], +1.603.823.aaaa, MSM, Sandy, JohnArwe, +1.425.836.aabb, Kumar
21:05:25 [Sandy]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:05:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-sml-minutes.html Sandy
21:05:28 [johnarwe_]
aaaa was Kirk, aabb was Len
21:05:36 [johnarwe_]
johnarwe_ has left #sml