IRC log of er on 2008-11-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:11:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
08:11:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc
08:11:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
08:11:30 [shadi]
zakim, bye
08:11:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
08:12:04 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
08:18:55 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
08:36:25 [carlosI]
overall discussion about EARL as a framework or just a metadata language
08:36:36 [carlosI]
scribe carlosI
08:37:28 [carlosI]
JK: HTTP in RDF, Content in RDF and Pointers are not just EARL modules
08:37:54 [carlosI]
JK: They can be used with EARL or other languages
08:43:43 [carlosI]
CI: The name is also a problem
08:44:14 [carlosI]
CI: EARL right now is just about Reporting and not Evaluation
08:44:48 [carlosI]
JK: maybe we can talk about Evaluation and Report Resources in general
08:46:36 [carlosI]
JK: EARL guide may also be a Evaluation and Reporting guide, including the current EARL and much more
08:47:32 [carlosI]
JK: would drop EARL in the Overview page and talk about Evaluation and Report in general
08:52:51 [shadi]
Evaluation and Reporting
08:52:51 [shadi]
|- Guide
08:52:51 [shadi]
|- EARL Schema
08:52:51 [shadi]
|- HTTP-in-RDF
08:52:51 [shadi]
|- Content-in-RDF
08:52:52 [shadi]
|- Pointer Methods
08:52:53 [shadi]
|- (Test Description Language TDL)
08:54:14 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: change document name from EARL to "Evaluation and Reporting" to reflect the more general scope
08:54:49 [shadi]
Topic: EARL Overview Document
08:56:16 [shadi]
action: shadi to update first paragraph of the overview document to reflect the expanded scope of evaluation and reporting
08:56:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Update first paragraph of the overview document to reflect the expanded scope of evaluation and reporting [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:12:10 [carlosI]
JK: Guide should be kept general and the rest of documents shouldn't be presented as EARL subpoints
09:15:20 [shadi]
Topic: EARL 1.0 Requirements
09:15:45 [shadi]
action: shadi to remove "computational" from D03
09:15:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-16 - Remove \"computational\" from D03 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:16:49 [shadi]
action: shadi to change "provide built-in extensions" to "allow extensions"
09:16:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-17 - Change \"provide built-in extensions\" to \"allow extensions\" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:17:50 [shadi]
action: shadi to merge D05 and D06
09:17:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-18 - Merge D05 and D06 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:19:14 [shadi]
action: shadi to drop "heuristic" from D07
09:19:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-19 - Drop \"heuristic\" from D07 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:20:06 [shadi]
action: shadi to check with i18n folks on D08
09:20:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-20 - Check with i18n folks on D08 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:26:50 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: need to split between overall requirements for the "evaluation and reporting framework", and requirements for the EARL 1.0 Schema document itself
09:35:35 [shadi]
action: shadi to address that we decided that supporting persistency is not part of our current scope
09:35:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-21 - Address that we decided that supporting persistency is not part of our current scope [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:37:55 [shadi]
action: shadi to address that we decided that aggregation is limited to what can be done without a test description framework/language
09:37:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-22 - Address that we decided that aggregation is limited to what can be done without a test description framework/language [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
09:38:31 [shadi]
action: shadi to drop F05
09:38:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-23 - Drop F05 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
10:04:20 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
10:10:12 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
10:10:19 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
10:10:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-minutes.html shadi
10:10:26 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
10:11:28 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues
10:12:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#abstract
10:17:18 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#introduction
10:31:13 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081106#introduction
11:38:57 [JohannesK]
ACTION shadi to go over the namespaces, make sure they're correct
11:38:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-24 - Go over the namespaces, make sure they're correct [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
11:41:33 [JohannesK]
lunch break
11:43:09 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
12:36:01 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
12:39:33 [MikeS]
dialing..
12:41:27 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20081106#vocabulary
13:07:10 [shadi]
birthday - The birthday of this Agent, represented in mm-dd string form, eg. '12-31'.
13:07:19 [shadi]
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_birthday
13:11:46 [MikeS]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/
13:12:00 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
13:35:39 [MikeS]
Note: This is used for the ontology and authors must not use this role in content.
13:45:22 [JohannesK]
ACTION: shadi to ask Ivan, if there are abstract classes in RDF
13:45:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-25 - Ask Ivan, if there are abstract classes in RDF [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
14:10:56 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: 1- is to drop CompoundAssertor and make mainAssertor as sub-property of foaf:member
14:11:36 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: 2- adopt foaf:Group in place of the dropped CompoundAssertor
14:11:56 [shadi]
s/in place/to replace
14:13:33 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: 3- not to split the foaf:Agent usage (so that foaf:Group can be used just like foaf:Person etc)
14:14:10 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: 4- merge SingleAssertor into Assertor
14:51:41 [JohannesK]
RESOLUTION: drop test mode earl:heuristic/inferred
14:56:34 [MikeS]
say something more about test mode - why is it needed beyond asserter
14:56:52 [MikeS]
answer is that saves processing of asserters; convenient querying
15:08:33 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
15:11:04 [JohannesK]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ATAG20-20080310/#def-Checking
15:25:08 [CarlosV]
ACTION: shadi to correct in the schema doc semiauto to semiAutomatic like in the RDF schema
15:25:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-26 - Correct in the schema doc semiauto to semiAutomatic like in the RDF schema [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
15:27:01 [CarlosV]
ACTION: cvelasco to check the stability of DOAP
15:27:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-27 - Check the stability of DOAP [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2008-11-13].
15:28:31 [shadi]
action: shadi to add descriptions for all the properties
15:28:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-28 - Add descriptions for all the properties [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
15:28:58 [CarlosV]
ACTION: cvelasco to remove oneOf from Outcome in the RDF Schema
15:28:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-29 - Remove oneOf from Outcome in the RDF Schema [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2008-11-13].
15:31:07 [CarlosV]
action: cvelasco to support Shadi in updating the RDF schema
15:31:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-30 - Support Shadi in updating the RDF schema [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2008-11-13].
15:34:12 [shadi]
action: shadi to update conformance section, preferably using the tables in the appendix (possibly with less columns)
15:34:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-31 - Update conformance section, preferably using the tables in the appendix (possibly with less columns) [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
15:36:34 [JohannesK]
RESOLUTION: drop appendix A
15:37:00 [JohannesK]
ACTION: shadi to link RDF schema from the namespaces section
15:37:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-32 - Link RDF schema from the namespaces section [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-11-13].
15:44:13 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has left #er
15:46:06 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:46:10 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:46:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-minutes.html shadi
15:46:11 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:46:16 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 17 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-actions.rdf :
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to update first paragraph of the overview document to reflect the expanded scope of evaluation and reporting [1]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T08-56-16
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to remove "computational" from D03 [2]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-15-45
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to change "provide built-in extensions" to "allow extensions" [3]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-16-49
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to merge D05 and D06 [4]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-17-50
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to drop "heuristic" from D07 [5]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-19-14
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check with i18n folks on D08 [6]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-20-06
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to address that we decided that supporting persistency is not part of our current scope [7]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-35-35
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to address that we decided that aggregation is limited to what can be done without a test description framework/language [8]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-37-55
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to drop F05 [9]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T09-38-31
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to ask Ivan, if there are abstract classes in RDF [10]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T13-45-22
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to correct in the schema doc semiauto to semiAutomatic like in the RDF schema [11]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-25-08
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cvelasco to check the stability of DOAP [12]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-27-01
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to add descriptions for all the properties [13]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-28-31
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cvelasco to remove oneOf from Outcome in the RDF Schema [14]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-28-58
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cvelasco to support Shadi in updating the RDF schema [15]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-31-07
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to update conformance section, preferably using the tables in the appendix (possibly with less columns) [16]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-34-12
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to link RDF schema from the namespaces section [17]
15:46:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-er-irc#T15-37-00