IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-11-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:13:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:13:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-irc
09:13:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:13:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:13:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:13:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
09:13:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:13:46 [trackbot]
Date: 05 November 2008
09:23:51 [hackerjack]
hackerjack has joined #mediafrag
09:24:12 [hackerjack]
hackerjack has left #mediafrag
09:24:45 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:25:59 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
09:26:06 [raphael]
Regrets: Michael, Silvia
09:26:19 [raphael]
:-(
09:26:51 [Yves]
if everybody is on irc, I can create a telcon
09:27:09 [raphael]
ok, let's wait a bit
09:27:55 [raphael]
we wait for Erik, Davy, Vassilis?
09:28:00 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
09:28:21 [Zakim]
ok, Yves; conference Team_(mediafrag)09:28Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 1028Z
09:29:34 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
09:30:03 [raphael]
Hi guys, there will be a change in the conference code you need to dial
09:30:52 [erik]
ok, so we can't get through then?
09:31:18 [jackjansen]
Or should we use code CONF1?
09:31:29 [Yves]
just use conf1
09:31:32 [Yves]
aka 26631
09:31:43 [Zakim]
Team_(mediafrag)09:28Z has now started
09:31:51 [Zakim]
+ +271284aaaa
09:32:31 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aabb
09:32:39 [Gui]
Hello, +27 that's me
09:32:52 [raphael]
zakim, +27 is Gui
09:32:52 [Zakim]
+Gui; got it
09:32:53 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mediafrag
09:33:18 [Zakim]
+ +03120592aacc
09:33:29 [davy]
zakim, aabb is erik
09:33:29 [Zakim]
+erik; got it
09:33:30 [raphael]
zakim, +031 is raphael
09:33:30 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
09:33:51 [raphael]
zakim, +032 is davy
09:33:51 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+032'
09:34:08 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
09:34:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gui, erik, raphael
09:34:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mhausenblas, erik, davy, jackjansen, Zakim, RRSAgent, raphael, Gui, Yves, trackbot
09:34:27 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.616.aadd
09:34:30 [raphael]
Michael, the conference code is 26631, change of last minute
09:34:32 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediafrag
09:34:43 [jackjansen]
zakim, aadd is me
09:34:43 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
09:35:43 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:35:44 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Erik, Yves, Guillaume, Jack, Davy, Michael (irc only)
09:35:58 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
09:35:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:36:11 [thierry]
I can't get into Zakim "conference restricted at this time"
09:36:47 [raphael]
Scribe: Davy
09:36:53 [raphael]
Scribenick: davy
09:37:51 [Zakim]
+Thierry
09:38:02 [davy]
topic: telecon hour
09:39:05 [rtroncy]
rtroncy has joined #mediafrag
09:39:09 [davy]
Yves: propose to have it 1 hour later, but we should ask it to Silvia
09:39:47 [davy]
raphael: any problems if it starts 1 hour later?
09:40:06 [mhausenblas]
I'm fine with one hour later
09:41:25 [davy]
raphael: proposal to start the telecon at 10:00 UTC
09:41:48 [mhausenblas]
+1
09:41:52 [erik]
+1
09:42:09 [davy]
action: yves to make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC
09:42:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-11-12].
09:42:45 [erik]
q+
09:43:03 [davy]
TOPIC: minutes acception
09:43:10 [rtroncy]
zakim, ack erik
09:43:10 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
09:44:13 [erik]
+1
09:44:19 [Gui]
+1
09:45:01 [davy]
raphael: any objections for minutes (phoneconf and f2f)
09:45:06 [erik]
+1
09:45:23 [mhausenblas]
fine with me - no objections
09:45:24 [davy]
jackjansen: I did not scribe all day
09:45:55 [davy]
raphael: minutes accepted
09:46:30 [davy]
raphael: goes through the action items
09:46:42 [davy]
topic: second F2F meeting
09:47:35 [davy]
raphael: encourages to fill the questionnaire
09:48:19 [rtroncy]
michael, please fill http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGF2F2/
09:48:24 [mhausenblas]
ok
09:49:07 [davy]
erik: please make your arrangement asap (preferable before 8/11/2008)
09:49:28 [davy]
raphael: no agenda yet, suggestions are welcome
09:49:41 [Gui]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic
09:50:29 [davy]
TOPIC: preparation of working draft
09:50:48 [davy]
1. Use cases and requirements draft (Silvia)
09:51:20 [davy]
raphael: take time to read it and provide some comments
09:51:27 [davy]
... any comments yet?
09:51:56 [davy]
raphael: suggest to take 2 nominates to review this document
09:52:08 [davy]
jackjansen: I will volunteer
09:52:35 [davy]
Guillaume: I will also review it
09:52:57 [davy]
action: jackjansen and Gui to review the use cases and requirements draft
09:52:57 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - jackjansen
09:53:30 [davy]
2. Types of Fragment addressing (guillaume)
09:54:04 [jackjansen]
s/jackjansen/Jack
09:54:14 [davy]
raphael: idea was to describe 4 dimensions to address fragments
09:54:58 [davy]
guillaume: description of possibilities of media types and these dimensions
09:55:46 [davy]
yves: regarding linking to a parent resource
09:55:58 [davy]
... I will look more deeply into that next week
09:56:14 [davy]
3. HTTP implementation (Raphael)
09:56:23 [davy]
raphael: more information next week
09:56:53 [davy]
raphael: 3th protocol: file implementation
09:57:08 [Gui]
://
09:57:24 [davy]
s/file/file://
09:57:49 [Yves]
file always get the full result, so identifying fragment forces seeking
09:57:59 [rtroncy]
4. RTSP implementation (davy)
09:58:15 [jackjansen]
zakim, mute me
09:58:15 [Zakim]
jackjansen should now be muted
09:58:20 [rtroncy]
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RTSP_implementation
10:00:00 [rtroncy]
Davy: I describe how to address a track and a temporal fragment in rtsp
10:00:05 [jackjansen]
zakim, unmute me
10:00:05 [Zakim]
jackjansen should no longer be muted
10:00:41 [rtroncy]
... some feedback would be nice
10:01:00 [rtroncy]
... is there any more specialist of rtsp in the room?
10:01:07 [rtroncy]
Jack: I will read it!
10:01:48 [rtroncy]
Action: Jack to review the RTSP implementation document
10:01:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Review the RTSP implementation document [on Jack Jansen - due 2008-11-12].
10:02:35 [davy]
5. existing technologies survey (erik)
10:02:50 [davy]
raphael: merge this to the state of the art page
10:03:13 [davy]
erik: I can only look at it from 15/11/2008
10:03:22 [davy]
... it will be ready at second F2F
10:04:24 [davy]
Guillaume: how to give feedback on drafts?
10:04:36 [davy]
raphael: write mail to the mailinglist
10:04:50 [davy]
... provide the version you have reviewed
10:05:00 [davy]
... give comments section per section
10:05:09 [davy]
TOPIC: Issues
10:05:48 [davy]
raphael: caching discussion
10:05:58 [davy]
... time ranges is really hard
10:07:16 [rtroncy]
Jack: i think time is complex and cache should not necessary try to understand time ... thus only cache bytes range
10:07:39 [rtroncy]
Davy: I do not say exactly the contrary, but i'm arguing about implementation
10:08:19 [rtroncy]
Jack: caching time ranges requires cache server to do recombination ... so have knowledge about the various media container foramts
10:08:25 [rtroncy]
s/foramts/formats
10:08:50 [davy]
yves: implementation hard or not, if we no it can be done, than there is no problem
10:09:12 [davy]
Jack: caching based on byte offsets will work on 99% of the cases
10:09:19 [rtroncy]
Yves: when the implementation is done ... it is done! We know it can be done ... implementation difficulty should not influence the design
10:10:51 [davy]
jack: it would work with time ranges, but I see no advantages
10:11:14 [davy]
Yves: with time ranges, you can directly request the fragment
10:11:22 [jackjansen]
zakim, mute me
10:11:22 [Zakim]
jackjansen should now be muted
10:11:49 [jackjansen]
zakim, unmute me
10:11:49 [Zakim]
jackjansen should no longer be muted
10:12:07 [davy]
jack: I fully agree
10:12:32 [davy]
... I think we should leave this issue open
10:12:52 [davy]
raphael: more discussion on the mailinglist
10:13:01 [erik]
+q
10:13:11 [davy]
topic: AOB
10:13:15 [rtroncy]
zakim, ack Erik
10:13:15 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:13:30 [Yves]
regrets for me next week (HTTP meeting)
10:13:50 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
10:13:51 [Zakim]
-erik
10:13:53 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:13:56 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has left #mediafrag
10:13:59 [Zakim]
-Yves
10:14:04 [Zakim]
-Thierry
10:14:10 [davy]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:14:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html davy
10:17:20 [rtroncy]
thanks davy for the scribing
10:17:31 [davy]
no prob
10:17:52 [Yves]
I'll edit those minutes
10:19:30 [rtroncy]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0019.html
10:20:04 [rtroncy]
close ACTION-7
10:20:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-7 Request a new time slot on the Zakim bridge closed
10:20:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html rtroncy
10:23:23 [Yves]
enjoy your holidays ;)
10:29:01 [nessy]
nessy has joined #mediafrag
10:29:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: yves to make a poll for suggestions for telecon hour: 10:00UTC or 9:30UTC [1]
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-irc#T09-42-09
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jackjansen and Gui to review the use cases and requirements draft [2]
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-irc#T09-52-57
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jack to review the RTSP implementation document [3]
10:29:22 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-mediafrag-irc#T10-01-48