IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-11-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:45:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
14:45:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-xmlsec-irc
14:45:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs member
14:45:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
14:45:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
14:45:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: XML Security Working Group Teleconference
14:45:48 [trackbot]
Date: 04 November 2008
14:46:02 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
14:46:26 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0001.html
14:46:40 [fjh]
Regrets: Thomas Roessler
14:46:53 [fjh]
Scribe: Shivaram Mysore
14:47:05 [fjh]
zakim, what is the code?
14:47:05 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), fjh
14:49:49 [shivaram]
shivaram has joined #xmlsec
14:53:27 [shivaram]
cool - thanks
14:55:20 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has now started
14:55:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.907.aaaa
14:56:29 [magnus]
magnus has joined #xmlsec
14:57:56 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
14:58:11 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:58:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch
14:58:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
14:58:32 [smullan]
smullan has joined #xmlsec
14:59:57 [csolc]
csolc has joined #xmlsec
15:00:27 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch
15:00:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:00:36 [Zakim]
+??P2
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.876.aabb
15:00:43 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
15:01:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.993.aacc
15:01:06 [fjh]
zakim, aabb is smullan
15:01:06 [Zakim]
+smullan; got it
15:01:27 [Zakim]
+ +5aadd
15:01:31 [fjh]
zakim, aacc is hlockhart
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+hlockhart; got it
15:01:32 [csolc]
zakim, aadd is csolc
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+csolc; got it
15:01:33 [jwray]
jwray has joined #xmlsec
15:01:38 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2, smullan, Ed_Simon, hlockhart, csolc
15:01:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jwray, pdatta, csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:01:42 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
15:02:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.237.aaee
15:02:06 [fjh]
zakim, Oracle is pdatta
15:02:06 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
15:02:14 [fjh]
zakim, aaee is gerald
15:02:14 [Zakim]
+gerald; got it
15:02:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.978.244.aaff
15:02:19 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2, smullan, Ed_Simon, hlockhart, csolc, pdatta, gerald, +1.978.244.aaff
15:02:22 [GeraldE]
GeraldE has joined #xmlsec
15:02:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jwray, pdatta, csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:02:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.247.aagg
15:02:30 [jwray]
zakim, aaff is jwray
15:02:32 [scantor]
scantor has joined #xmlsec
15:02:38 [Zakim]
+jwray; got it
15:02:41 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
15:02:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.401.aahh
15:02:54 [jcruella]
jcruella has joined #xmlsec
15:03:07 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0001.html
15:03:12 [brich]
zakim, aahh is brich
15:03:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.726.aaii
15:03:20 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
15:03:20 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2 (muted), smullan, Ed_Simon, hlockhart, csolc, pdatta, gerald, jwray, +1.614.247.aagg, brich, +1.206.726.aaii
15:03:29 [bal]
bal has joined #xmlsec
15:03:31 [Zakim]
+ +0468725aajj
15:03:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jcruella, brich, scantor, GeraldE, jwray, pdatta, csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:03:36 [magnus]
zakim, aajj is magnus
15:03:43 [Zakim]
+magnus; got it
15:03:51 [fjh]
zakim, aaii is bal
15:03:56 [Zakim]
+bal; got it
15:04:00 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2 (muted), smullan, Ed_Simon, hlockhart, csolc, pdatta, gerald, jwray, +1.614.247.aagg, brich, bal, magnus
15:04:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bal, jcruella, brich, scantor, GeraldE, jwray, pdatta, csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:04:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:04:29 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Administrivia:
15:04:35 [Zakim]
+Robert_Miller
15:04:37 [fjh]
zakim, IPcaller is jcc
15:04:41 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:45 [Zakim]
+jcc; got it
15:04:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2 (muted), smullan, Ed_Simon, hlockhart, csolc, pdatta, gerald, jwray, +1.614.247.aagg, brich, bal, magnus, jcc, Robert_Miller
15:04:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bal, jcruella, brich, scantor, GeraldE, jwray, pdatta, csolc, smullan, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, anil, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
15:05:06 [fjh]
25 November, 23 December, 30 December 2008 Teleconferences have been
15:05:09 [fjh]
cancelled
15:05:29 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings
15:05:49 [shivaram]
Folks should plan for travel to Redwood City, CA
15:05:52 [fjh]
13-14 January, redwood city
15:06:18 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Liaisons and Coordination
15:07:04 [shivaram]
SSTC: what is the general practice in the field
15:08:14 [shivaram]
WS-Policy: there will be an errata regarding C14N and no revision of the spec itself
15:08:23 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:09:10 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Minutes from F2F 20-21 October 2008
15:09:15 [fjh]
zakim, Microsoft is kelvin
15:09:15 [Zakim]
+kelvin; got it
15:09:30 [shivaram]
they will be approved next week after getting input from other teams
15:09:42 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Transform Simplification
15:09:54 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/transform-note/Overview.html
15:11:02 [rdmiller]
rdmiller has joined #xmlsec
15:11:06 [kyiu]
kyiu has joined #xmlsec
15:11:38 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0047.html
15:11:57 [klanz2]
q+
15:12:09 [shivaram]
zakim, kelivin is kyiu
15:12:09 [Zakim]
sorry, shivaram, I do not recognize a party named 'kelivin'
15:12:17 [shivaram]
zakim, kelvin is kyiu
15:12:17 [Zakim]
+kyiu; got it
15:13:01 [fjh]
ack klanz
15:13:05 [shivaram]
Bal: states that there is lot of history here. There are benefits to stating that "I am signing exactly this..."
15:13:15 [bhill]
bhill has joined #xmlsec
15:13:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.229.aakk
15:14:00 [pdatta]
q+
15:14:03 [shivaram]
Konrad: expressed concern on referencing data in transformations
15:14:19 [bhill]
zakim, aakk is bhill
15:14:19 [Zakim]
+bhill; got it
15:14:57 [shivaram]
Don't intermingle selection, etc with exactly what is signed
15:15:45 [hlockhar]
hlockhar has joined #xmlsec
15:15:50 [subu]
subu has joined #xmlsec
15:16:18 [Zakim]
+ +91.97.40.98.aall
15:16:20 [scantor]
zakim, aagg is scantor
15:16:20 [Zakim]
+scantor; got it
15:17:10 [fjh]
zakim, aall is subu
15:17:10 [Zakim]
+subu; got it
15:18:20 [shivaram]
The goal is to reduce complexity, while including the maximum number of use cases
15:18:54 [fjh]
+1 to jwray
15:19:18 [fjh]
jwray notes that could sign xslt and they apply after signing etc to avoid attack issues
15:20:50 [shivaram]
Request Pratik Datta to look into jwray's email
15:21:13 [shivaram]
s/jwray/klanz2
15:21:32 [fjh]
s/klanz2 email/transform note
15:21:33 [klanz2]
what do you mean by "reselection"
15:22:10 [klanz2]
q+
15:22:36 [fjh]
ack pdatta
15:22:40 [fjh]
ack klanz
15:24:41 [shivaram]
klanz2 would like to see a minor revision to 1.0 XML Sig and not break too much compatibility, but, use a more restricted set
15:24:50 [csolc]
want to simplify so you can reduce complexity and this leads to more performant implementations
15:25:14 [csolc]
it also reduces the attack surrface.
15:25:37 [subu]
subu has joined #xmlsec
15:25:44 [fjh]
klanz noted that could have two ds:Reference elements, one old style, one new
15:25:48 [anil]
anil has left #xmlsec
15:26:38 [shivaram]
ACTION: klanz2 to email list with specifics on this performant implementaiton
15:26:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Email list with specifics on this performant implementaiton [on Konrad Lanz - due 2008-11-11].
15:27:28 [klanz2]
I'm not sure the Action reflects what we were discussing?
15:27:56 [klanz2]
q+
15:27:58 [fjh]
ACTION: klanz to email proposal regarding 2 ds:References, old and new
15:27:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-100 - Email proposal regarding 2 ds:References, old and new [on Konrad Lanz - due 2008-11-11].
15:28:16 [bal]
+q
15:28:30 [fjh]
ack klanz
15:28:34 [fjh]
ack bal
15:28:59 [shivaram]
bal does not see XSLT see as esential. It can be more of a security hole
15:29:00 [fjh]
bal dont see xslt as essential to xml signature transform chain, view as security risk
15:29:03 [fjh]
+1
15:29:05 [csolc]
+1
15:29:18 [esimon2]
esimon2 has joined #xmlsec
15:29:48 [fjh]
q+
15:31:29 [fjh]
discussion of whether signature over presentation or data..
15:31:53 [fjh]
ack fjh
15:32:16 [shivaram]
Bal notes that he is more concerned about data and not much about the presentation aspects for Signature objects
15:33:02 [csolc]
q+
15:33:57 [shivaram]
There is discussion oh the implication of what is signed and how it is presented and the implication of verification of presentation layer
15:34:07 [fjh]
ck csolc
15:34:40 [shivaram]
ack csolc
15:35:00 [shivaram]
q+
15:35:07 [fjh]
why not perform xslt processing before Reference processing
15:35:19 [fjh]
then sign xslt transform as well as what else is required for auditing.
15:35:37 [fjh]
this simplifies xml signature processing, reduces risks, and brings transformation closer to application layer
15:37:52 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:38:04 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Frederick_Hirsch (13%), klanz2 (19%), bal (50%)
15:38:13 [fjh]
zakim, mute bal
15:38:13 [Zakim]
bal should now be muted
15:38:28 [shivaram]
shivaram: states that may be we should separate out Data and Presentation use of Signing
15:38:52 [shivaram]
and create appropriate best practices
15:39:08 [shivaram]
ack shivaram
15:41:21 [fjh]
konrad notes that xslt not a risk if xslt instance is trusted and reviewed
15:42:26 [Zakim]
-hlockhart
15:42:27 [shivaram]
Use case: if there a XSLT that is trusted and tested, then one should be able to use it
15:42:50 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Open Action Review
15:44:59 [klanz2]
q+
15:45:10 [shivaram]
ffj: states piece mealing spec items so that we can get them resolved faster & better. Then we can piece it together to make it into our requirements doc
15:45:31 [shivaram]
ffj requests suggestions and comments on best ways to achieve the same
15:45:52 [shivaram]
s/ffj/fhj/
15:46:26 [shivaram]
ACTION: fjj to provide a detailed roadmap on getting to the end game of Requirements
15:46:26 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - fjj
15:46:34 [Bruce_Rich]
Bruce_Rich has joined #xmlsec
15:46:43 [shivaram]
ACTION: fjh to provide a detailed roadmap on getting to the end game of Requirements
15:46:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-101 - Provide a detailed roadmap on getting to the end game of Requirements [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-11-11].
15:47:31 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open
15:48:34 [klanz2]
q+
15:48:38 [klanz2]
ack klanz2
15:49:13 [klanz2]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13
15:50:30 [klanz2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0034.html
15:50:51 [klanz2]
ACTION-13
15:51:03 [fjh]
action 13 done, will add email
15:51:03 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 13
15:51:18 [fjh]
action 24 2008-12-01
15:51:18 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 24
15:51:27 [klanz2]
The proposal basically was to use hints to stipulate how a chain of transforms will behave in terms of streaming processing
15:51:43 [fjh]
set deadline for action 24 to end november
15:52:42 [shivaram]
set deadline for action 13 to 11 november
15:52:50 [fjh]
set deadline for action 13 to next week for shivaram
15:53:27 [fjh]
the action 52 went into transform primitives
15:53:36 [fjh]
action-52 closed
15:53:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 Attempt summarizing recent discussions as input for design document closed
15:54:17 [fjh]
konrad, derive requiements for simple transform
15:54:53 [fjh]
add transform primitives to requirements document?
15:55:17 [fjh]
need to discuss list of transforms, or canonicalization
15:56:08 [klanz2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/
15:56:24 [fjh]
add to next week agenda discussion of transform primitives, xpointer element
15:56:35 [klanz2]
maybe also http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xmlns/
15:57:06 [klanz2]
could be an easy way to be used for selection ...
15:57:22 [fjh]
set date for 55 to next week
15:58:36 [fjh]
part of material for action-66 from norm
15:59:09 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0002.html
16:00:18 [fjh]
set date for 85 to next week
16:01:25 [fjh]
kelvin will work on algorithms first then 86
16:02:30 [subu]
subu has joined #xmlsec
16:02:51 [fjh]
planning to look at 88 end dec
16:02:59 [Zakim]
-Robert_Miller
16:03:54 [fjh]
to close either 86 or 90, duplication
16:04:01 [jcruella]
very initial draft in: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0006.html
16:04:27 [fjh]
close action-91
16:04:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-91 Provide a draft for the requirements document for long term signatures. closed
16:05:51 [fjh]
kelvin provided list of uris at f2f
16:06:00 [fjh]
close action-92
16:06:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-92 Propose text for note providing an index to XML Security URIs closed
16:07:38 [fjh]
discussion of action-94, algorithms for 1.1
16:07:41 [klanz2]
could you please, type to the chat ...
16:08:35 [bal]
q+
16:08:40 [klanz2]
q-
16:08:50 [fjh]
ack bal
16:09:00 [bal]
q-
16:09:39 [klanz2]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4050
16:09:47 [klanz2]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4051
16:10:25 [klanz2]
4050 is INFORMATIONAL ...
16:10:47 [klanz2]
bal: inelegant markup ... ?
16:11:14 [klanz2]
proposal? -> harmoniue 4050 and XMLDSIG ?
16:11:26 [klanz2]
s/harmoniue(harmonize/
16:11:58 [fjh]
bal and kelvin note that RFC 4051 is Eastlake list of algs, RFV 4050 definitions of ECC in dsig
16:12:45 [csolc]
csolc has joined #xmlsec
16:12:58 [fjh]
noted that RFC 4050 is translation of ASN.1 spec, structures do not mix well with xml dsig, cannot just merge DTDs
16:13:07 [fjh]
question, do we want to define DTDs going forward
16:13:38 [fjh]
4050 not elegant, may wish to define structures as appropriate in XML Security, not necessarily matching 4050
16:13:53 [fjh]
depend on 4050 as much as possible
16:14:10 [fjh]
need - samples of ecc signatures, what is supported from 4050, what is actually used
16:14:19 [fjh]
request to implementers for input on this issue
16:14:23 [klanz2]
we support ECC ...
16:14:32 [klanz2]
q+
16:14:35 [esimon2]
I Is the W3C maintaining the DTD spec? Will future XML versions introduce features not properly expressible by DTDs?
16:14:37 [fjh]
ack klanz
16:14:46 [bal]
do you know how much of 4050 you support?
16:15:52 [fjh]
kelvin notes could merge schema, but would require two dtds
16:16:40 [fjh]
kelvin notes might want to simplify schema, improve
16:16:48 [Zakim]
-subu
16:17:24 [shivaram]
yes
16:17:48 [shivaram]
ok
16:18:51 [shivaram]
klanz2 has offered to help kyiu with samples
16:19:17 [fjh]
kelvin, name curve ok, maybe simplify explicit
16:20:35 [shivaram]
ACTION: fjh to check on DTDs with W3C
16:20:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-102 - Check on DTDs with W3C [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-11-11].
16:21:21 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:21:32 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Frederick_Hirsch (5%), gerald (34%), bal (55%)
16:21:35 [GeraldE]
q+
16:21:44 [fjh]
ack Geralee
16:21:48 [fjh]
ack GeraldE
16:21:48 [bal]
zakim, mute me
16:21:49 [Zakim]
bal should now be muted
16:22:03 [esimon2]
zakim, mute me
16:22:03 [Zakim]
sorry, esimon2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
16:22:30 [klanz2]
klanz2 zakim, who is on the phone?
16:23:47 [subu]
subu has joined #xmlsec
16:24:01 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
16:24:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, klanz2, smullan, Ed_Simon, csolc, pdatta, gerald, jwray, scantor, brich, bal (muted), magnus, jcc, kyiu, bhill
16:24:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see subu, csolc, Bruce_Rich, esimon2, bhill, kyiu, bal, jcruella, scantor, GeraldE, jwray, pdatta, magnus, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
16:26:31 [fjh]
action-97 closed
16:26:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-97 Add transforms requirements material to requirements draft closed
16:26:44 [fjh]
frederick incorporated material from pratik into transform draft
16:27:12 [smullan]
smullan has joined #xmlsec
16:27:59 [fjh]
action-98 closed
16:28:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-98 Draft database certificate use case and requirements for document, share on mail list closed
16:28:02 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0007.html
16:29:32 [fjh]
close action-99
16:29:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-99 Email list with specifics on this performant implementaiton closed
16:30:13 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Issues list review
16:30:19 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open
16:33:35 [subu]
subu has left #xmlsec
16:35:25 [klanz2]
q+
16:35:52 [fjh]
ack klanz
16:36:38 [fjh]
konrad notes that we may wish to review issues list for which items can be in v1.1 and addressed sooner, have impact
16:36:48 [fjh]
s/impact/quick impact/
16:37:00 [klanz2]
q-
16:38:10 [fjh]
konrad putting algorithms out in draft note earlier to get feedback as well?
16:38:45 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Best Practices
16:39:14 [shivaram]
Sean and Juan Carlos are working on this
16:39:26 [klanz2]
re previous topic ... I'd advocate for putting a list of small "useful" transforms, transform primitives ...
16:41:32 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0020.html
16:44:25 [fjh]
action jcc to provide updated email on best practices issue
16:44:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-103 - Provide updated email on best practices issue [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2008-11-11].
16:44:57 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Requirements
16:45:02 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html
16:46:44 [shivaram]
fjh: Seperate requirements and design work. Publish note on design work after requirements
16:48:42 [klanz2]
sounds good
16:49:45 [klanz2]
do we have a link or something to anchor this ...
16:49:47 [fjh]
TOPIC: encoding related to certificates, leaving it open
16:50:30 [magnus]
q+
16:50:46 [fjh]
ack magnus
16:51:51 [fjh]
magnus notes that have not seen encodings other than DER
16:52:01 [bal]
q+
16:52:04 [fjh]
scott notes that that raises interop issue, why not require DER
16:52:35 [fjh]
scott notes DSig maybe should require DER
16:52:36 [fjh]
ack bal
16:53:08 [fjh]
bal notes reference 5280, requires DER for computing hash, but not serialized that way
16:53:43 [klanz2]
q+
16:54:28 [fjh]
ack klanz
16:55:41 [fjh]
bal asks if PKIX to require DER
16:55:59 [fjh]
scott notes difference of asn1 library and certificate library, and limitation of cert library
16:56:21 [Zakim]
-bhill
16:56:22 [fjh]
scott either need encoding attribute or processing rule in dsig to clarify encoding, why not in 1.1 require DER
16:56:38 [fjh]
issue require DER encoding in 1.1
16:56:46 [fjh]
issue: require DER encoding in 1.1
16:56:46 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-70 - Require DER encoding in 1.1 ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/70/edit .
16:57:11 [magnus]
q+
16:57:30 [fjh]
issue: change section titles in best practices to match practices
16:57:30 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-71 - Change section titles in best practices to match practices ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/71/edit .
16:57:51 [fjh]
ack magnus
16:58:56 [fjh]
magnus suggests requiring supporting encoding, concerned about requiring DER, prefer change in base spec
16:59:24 [fjh]
scott notes with schema change we can nail down encoding, or provide encoding attribute
16:59:33 [bal]
q+
16:59:38 [fjh]
allow other encodings through use of extensions
16:59:44 [fjh]
ack bal
16:59:47 [fjh]
q+
17:00:31 [fjh]
scott - huge burden to implement many encodings
17:00:45 [fjh]
ack bal
17:01:57 [fjh]
bal prefers text in spec, rather than new attribuite
17:02:06 [fjh]
s/uite/ute/
17:02:23 [Zakim]
-magnus
17:02:30 [Zakim]
-csolc
17:04:00 [Zakim]
-smullan
17:04:03 [pdatta]
pdatta has left #xmlsec
17:04:10 [Zakim]
-pdatta
17:04:14 [Zakim]
-jcc
17:04:15 [Zakim]
-bal
17:04:15 [Zakim]
-gerald
17:04:16 [Zakim]
-klanz2
17:04:16 [Zakim]
-kyiu
17:04:18 [Zakim]
-jwray
17:04:18 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:21 [Zakim]
-scantor
17:04:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, brich
17:04:27 [Zakim]
-brich
17:04:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bruce_Rich, esimon2, bhill, kyiu, bal, jcruella, GeraldE, jwray, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
17:04:47 [shivaram]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:50 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
17:04:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
17:04:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon
17:05:04 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
17:05:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bruce_Rich, esimon2, bhill, kyiu, GeraldE, shivaram, RRSAgent, fjh, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot
17:05:47 [fjh]
Zakim, list participants
17:05:47 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.408.907.aaaa, shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.617.876.aabb, Ed_Simon, +1.781.993.aacc, smullan, klanz2, +5aadd, hlockhart, csolc,
17:05:51 [Zakim]
... +1.425.237.aaee, pdatta, gerald, +1.978.244.aaff, +1.614.247.aagg, jwray, +1.512.401.aahh, +1.206.726.aaii, brich, +0468725aajj, magnus, bal, Robert_Miller, jcc, kyiu,
17:05:53 [Zakim]
... +1.303.229.aakk, bhill, +91.97.40.98.aall, scantor, subu
17:06:03 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
17:06:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
17:06:50 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
17:06:52 [Zakim]
-shivaram
17:06:52 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has ended
17:06:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.408.907.aaaa, shivaram, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.617.876.aabb, Ed_Simon, +1.781.993.aacc, smullan, klanz2, +5aadd, hlockhart, csolc, +1.425.237.aaee, pdatta, gerald,
17:06:58 [Zakim]
... +1.978.244.aaff, +1.614.247.aagg, jwray, +1.512.401.aahh, +1.206.726.aaii, brich, +0468725aajj, magnus, bal, Robert_Miller, jcc, kyiu, +1.303.229.aakk, bhill,
17:07:03 [Zakim]
... +91.97.40.98.aall, scantor, subu
19:33:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec