IRC log of mwts on 2008-11-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:32:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:32:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:32:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:32:56 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:32:56 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
15:32:56 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 28 minutes
15:33:04 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
15:33:27 [dom]
15:33:30 [dom]
Chair: Dom
15:58:02 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:58:10 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
15:58:35 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:58:35 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:58:55 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is wilhelm
15:58:55 [Zakim]
+wilhelm; got it
15:58:56 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:59:06 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aabb
15:59:08 [Zakim]
15:59:09 [Zakim]
15:59:10 [dom]
zakim, aabb is me
15:59:10 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:59:55 [Zakim]
16:00:10 [dom]
zakim, ??P34 is kai
16:00:11 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
16:01:19 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
16:02:41 [dom]
-> Minutes of meeting on testing widgets with web apps wg
16:03:15 [dom]
Kai: would be helpful to get feedback from you guys at Opera, in particular Arve on this
16:04:17 [dom]
-> Kai's message on widgets testing
16:05:10 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to follow up on widgets testing with Kai
16:05:26 [dom]
Kai: current status: no real issues, but needs some feedback
16:06:05 [dom]
... I found some inconsistencies in the spec
16:06:25 [dom]
... among other things in the relaxng
16:07:06 [dom]
... I sent mails to the editor based on these
16:08:10 [dom]
... found some weird usage of "its:dir", not sure that was intended
16:08:19 [dom]
Dom: its: comes from International tag set, a W3C spec
16:08:50 [dom]
Kai: hopefully this will help the spec
16:09:38 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to forward his notes to the webapps list and to announce his early work on testing
16:10:42 [hendry];a=tree;f=compression-level;
16:13:17 [hendry];a=blob;f=compression-level/Makefile;
16:14:54 [hendry]
`git clone git://`
16:16:16 [dom]
Topic: Cookies test suite
16:16:27 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:16:32 [Zakim]
16:17:16 [dom]
Topic: Thanks to Carmelo
16:17:56 [dom]
Dom: thanks for all your work
16:18:04 [dom]
Topic: Device Independent Testing Guidelines
16:18:11 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to update the di guidelines based on the comments received so far [recorded in] [PENDING]
16:18:23 [dom]
Carmelo: did some minor editing, but will get back to this soon
16:19:06 [hendry]
16:19:11 [dom]
Dom: everyone should feel free to bring edits to the document, now that it is in CVS
16:19:22 [dom]
Topic: Bringing more visibility to web compatibility test suite
16:19:43 [dom]
-> Dom's message on WCT
16:20:55 [dom]
Dom: does that sound goo?
16:20:59 [dom]
16:21:09 [dom]
Wilhelm: sounds good indeed
16:21:12 [dom]
Kai: yes
16:21:22 [dom]
... not sure about detailing the technical aspects
16:22:26 [dom]
... wouldn't it be effective to file bugs on the relevant browsers?
16:24:09 [dom]
Dom: I think doing a technical report is a better way to get visibility in the W3C community
16:24:18 [dom]
... would also help to get a press release rolling
16:26:54 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'm not sure how much additional work needed for the technical report
16:26:58 [dom]
... a press release would be great
16:27:04 [dom]
Carmelo: +1
16:28:14 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to check about requirements for press release on web compatibility test
16:28:32 [hendry]
16:28:37 [dom]
Kai: would be good if it was easier to get to the web compatibility test
16:28:51 [hendry]
from that site it's hard to find
16:28:56 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to make it easier to get to wct from /Mobile on W3C site
16:29:05 [hendry]
and is a monster URL. Ideally it should as short as possible ..
16:29:36 [hendry]
16:30:05 [dom]
16:30:25 [hendry]
len( > :P
16:32:00 [dom]
Kai: would be to raise the profile of building acid test-like things than building guidelines
16:32:53 [dom]
dom: difficult to get people interested in building tests, unfortunately
16:33:32 [dom]
Topic: Next teleconf
16:33:47 [hendry]
not in UK either btw
16:34:42 [dom]
RESOLUTION: Wilhelm to chair call on Nov 11
16:35:55 [Zakim]
16:35:56 [Zakim]
16:35:56 [Zakim]
16:35:58 [Zakim]
16:35:58 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:35:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were +47.23.69.aaaa, wilhelm, +49.238.aabb, dom, kai, Carmelo
16:36:35 [hendry]
hendry has left #mwts
16:36:37 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:36:42 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:36:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
18:02:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts