IRC log of sml on 2008-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:13:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
20:13:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/27-sml-irc
20:13:26 [MSM]
zakim, [Microsoft] has Kumar, Pratul, Ginny, Sandy, johnarwe, lencharest, and MSM
20:13:26 [Zakim]
+Kumar, Pratul, Ginny, Sandy, johnarwe, lencharest, MSM; got it
20:13:31 [Sandy]
meeting: W3C SML F2F of 2008-10
20:13:38 [Sandy]
scribenick: Sandy
20:13:42 [Sandy]
scribe: Sandy Gao
20:13:42 [MSM]
zakim, who's here?
20:13:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kirk, [Microsoft]
20:13:43 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has Kumar, Pratul, Ginny, Sandy, johnarwe, lencharest, MSM
20:13:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, ginny, johnarwe_, MSM, Zakim, lencharest, Kirk, Sandy, trackbot
20:13:54 [Sandy]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Oct/0011.html
20:14:15 [Sandy]
chair: Pratul Dublish
20:15:47 [Sandy]
rrsagent, make log public
20:16:26 [pratul]
pratul has joined #sml
20:18:01 [Sandy]
regrets: Jim, Julia
20:18:08 [Sandy]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:18:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/27-sml-minutes.html Sandy
20:20:39 [pratul]
Seastar http://seastarrestaurant.com/
20:20:55 [lencharest]
http://www.cafejuanita.com/
20:29:00 [Sandy]
topic: approval of previous meeting minutes
20:29:25 [Sandy]
2008-10-23 minutes is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Oct/att-0017/20081023-sml-minutes.html
20:30:46 [Sandy]
RESOLUTION: WG approves meeting minutes for 2008-10-23 at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008Oct/att-0017/20081023-sml-minutes.html
20:33:32 [Sandy]
topic: Bug 4633 Use of short namespace
20:33:39 [Sandy]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4633
20:34:05 [pratul]
Philippe recommended namspace such as http://www.w3.org/ns/sml
20:35:31 [Sandy]
Pratul: need namespaces for SML, SML-IF, and SML-FN
20:36:17 [pratul]
For SML FN we can use http://www.w3.org/ns/sml-function
20:37:46 [pratul]
For SML IF http://www.w3.org/ns/sml-if
20:39:06 [MSM]
W3C namespace allocation policy: http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri
20:46:18 [Sandy]
MSM: describes W3C namespace policy. See above link.
20:47:28 [Sandy]
MSM: specs should state their expectations about the namespaces, and such information should also be made avilable by dereferencing the namespace.
20:52:29 [Sandy]
MSM: if we decide on the namespace name, someone should take the action to draft such a document placed at the namespace URI.
20:52:39 [Sandy]
MSM: section 4 of the policy document has some examples.
20:54:35 [Zakim]
-Kirk
20:56:01 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:56:03 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()11:00AM has ended
20:56:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kirk, Kumar, Pratul, Ginny, Sandy, johnarwe, lencharest, MSM
20:57:06 [Kumar]
Kumar has joined #sml
20:57:45 [Sandy]
MSM: suggest to draft the document following example 2 in section 4.
21:04:26 [Sandy]
RESOLUTION: WG agrees to use namespaces http://www.w3.org/ns/sml, http://www.w3.org/ns/sml-function, http://www.w3.org/ns/sml-if for SML specifications.
21:04:37 [Sandy]
MSM: tweaking words in example 2, like "names in this namespaces are defined in Va.b of spec XYZ, and may also be defined in future version of spec XYZ."
21:06:48 [Sandy]
ACTION: Kumar to draft the namespace policy document for SML namespaces, similar to example 2 in section 4.
21:06:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-203 - Draft the namespace policy document for SML namespaces, similar to example 2 in section 4. [on Kumar Pandit - due 2008-11-03].
21:07:20 [Sandy]
topic: Bug 5998 second LC draft publication related editorial changes
21:07:26 [Sandy]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5998
21:07:42 [Sandy]
Kumar: all done; published; should be closed.
21:21:17 [Sandy]
topic: Bug 5680 fix errors in schematron variable substitution support text & example
21:21:19 [Sandy]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5680
21:24:29 [Sandy]
WG: postpone for now. need to reconstruct the history.
21:25:10 [Sandy]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:25:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/27-sml-minutes.html Sandy
21:48:40 [Sandy]
topic: Review draft CR transition request
22:18:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sml
22:22:45 [johnarwe_]
example disposition of comments from xhtml 1.1 (2/19/2008) http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/xhtml-modularization-lc-doc-20070213.html
22:42:53 [johnarwe_]
Guide to writing transitions http://www.w3.org/Guide/transitions
23:15:46 [Sandy]
The WG reviewed the draft. Discussions and changes will be reflected in the document.
23:15:55 [Sandy]
rrsagent, generate minutes
23:15:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/27-sml-minutes.html Sandy
23:17:46 [Sandy_]
Sandy_ has joined #sml
23:48:41 [Liam]
Liam has joined #sml