IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-10-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:03:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
12:03:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/15-mediafrag-irc
12:03:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:03:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
12:03:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
12:03:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM already started
12:03:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
12:03:41 [trackbot]
Date: 15 October 2008
12:03:52 [Zakim]
+??P8
12:03:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:04:06 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Oct/0052.html
12:04:11 [jackjansen]
Zakim, ??P8 is me
12:04:11 [Zakim]
+jackjansen; got it
12:04:30 [raphael]
zakim, IPcaller is davy
12:04:30 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
12:04:33 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:04:49 [Zakim]
+Erik
12:05:08 [thierry]
zakim, mute me
12:05:08 [Zakim]
Thierry should now be muted
12:05:11 [Zakim]
+nessy
12:05:22 [raphael]
Regrets: Vassilis
12:05:25 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:06:00 [raphael]
zakim, [CWI] is raphael
12:06:00 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
12:06:27 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Jack, Davy, Thierry, Erik, Silvia, Yves
12:06:41 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
12:07:07 [nessy]
Topic: ADMIN
12:07:11 [raphael]
scribenick: nessy
12:07:42 [nessy]
proposal to accept last meeting's minutes
12:07:52 [nessy]
+1
12:08:08 [nessy]
*Michael requested to enable the image upload feature on the WG wiki
12:08:16 [nessy]
it now works
12:08:38 [nessy]
Silvia has uploaded a photo already
12:08:50 [nessy]
Topic: FIRST F2F
12:08:53 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FirstF2FAgenda
12:09:10 [nessy]
is the agenda ok and complete?
12:09:30 [nessy]
no objections
12:09:44 [nessy]
Monday will be mostly use cases
12:10:08 [nessy]
please prepare some material for your use cases
12:10:16 [jackjansen]
q+
12:10:50 [nessy]
the discussion of the syntax will be on Tuesday
12:10:59 [raphael]
zakim, ack jack
12:10:59 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:11:39 [nessy]
jackjansen would like to swap the use cases around, because he can attend only on Tuesday
12:12:08 [nessy]
proposes switch of discussion I and discussion III
12:12:18 [nessy]
raphael is ok with it
12:12:30 [nessy]
no further comments
12:12:48 [nessy]
remember to prepare more details on your use cases
12:13:24 [nessy]
please also enter into the wiki your arrival and departure times
12:13:36 [nessy]
Topic: ISSUES LIST
12:13:43 [nessy]
action items to go through
12:13:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - items
12:14:05 [nessy]
Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape
12:14:24 [nessy]
image maps allow several different shapes
12:14:32 [nessy]
there are two types of image maps: client-side & server-side
12:15:03 [nessy]
server-side image maps are done with queries ("?") but are not often used on the Web
12:15:24 [Yves]
server-side image maps were used back in 94/95, no longer now
12:15:30 [nessy]
cleint-side image maps have as a draw-back the problem that they cannot be indexed by search engines
12:16:07 [Erik]
q+
12:16:36 [nessy]
ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape
12:16:36 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
12:16:37 [nessy]
--done
12:16:55 [nessy]
ACTION: raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape
12:16:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - raphael
12:17:13 [Yves]
ACTION -1
12:17:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
12:18:15 [Yves]
ACTION -2
12:18:15 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
12:19:34 [nessy]
the second action will be discussed during the F2F and thus documentation created
12:20:08 [nessy]
ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI
12:20:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2008-10-22].
12:20:10 [Yves]
close ACTION-3
12:20:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-3 And Erik to document container formats closed
12:20:23 [Yves]
close action-6
12:20:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-6 Flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI closed
12:21:56 [nessy]
Silvia has sent a long email and a sketch on how fragments and protocols can work
12:22:30 [nessy]
she started with side conditions and then took into account all the different standards (HTTP, proxy, URI) that prvide restrictions
12:23:10 [nessy]
Yves was to check the status of ';' in a URI
12:23:39 [nessy]
he sent an email and found that ";" basically has the same restrictions as "?"
12:24:10 [Yves]
ACTION-5 closed
12:24:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 Check the status of ';' in a URI closed
12:24:15 [jackjansen]
q+
12:24:31 [raphael]
zakim, ack Erik
12:24:31 [Zakim]
I see jackjansen on the speaker queue
12:24:46 [nessy]
he is not sure how many other applications are using ";" for different purposes
12:24:54 [raphael]
zakim, ack jackjansen
12:24:54 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:25:23 [nessy]
silvia mentions that we should check use of whatever syntax we decide upon by checking existing usage
12:25:35 [Yves]
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt
12:25:42 [nessy]
Erik: ";" may be in use by others, too
12:26:19 [nessy]
jackjansen: requested a reading list for the plane
12:26:35 [Yves]
Section 3.3 is the useful one, for ;
12:26:48 [nessy]
Topic: USE CASES
12:27:32 [nessy]
* Media Annotation UC: [Silvia]
12:27:38 [nessy]
Silvia focused on her action item
12:27:42 [nessy]
will have more at the F2F
12:27:48 [nessy]
* Media Delivery UC: [Davy]
12:28:32 [Erik]
Day, you have to speak louder
12:29:52 [nessy]
Davy says we may only have to consider http
12:31:03 [nessy]
raphael: can you investigate more for next week?
12:31:11 [nessy]
* Media Linking UC: [Michael]
12:31:30 [nessy]
Michael modified the UC a little
12:31:45 [nessy]
added Bookmarking
12:32:01 [nessy]
...Playlists
12:32:05 [nessy]
... and interlinking
12:32:41 [nessy]
possibility to get input from seesmic for these use cases
12:33:28 [nessy]
Silvia wonders what we can get from seesmic
12:34:23 [nessy]
WP plugin from Seesmic helps leaving comments
12:34:39 [nessy]
Jack: Seesmic is more about chatting than blogging
12:34:45 [nessy]
Silvia: yes, a "video twitter"
12:35:24 [nessy]
Raphael: much links happening between videos in Seesmic
12:35:51 [nessy]
Jack: they seem to still treat each session of video as a separate unit
12:36:05 [nessy]
Raphael: probably only because of current technology limitations
12:36:19 [nessy]
... if they had temporal URI, they would use it
12:36:30 [nessy]
Jack: ok..
12:36:37 [nessy]
Raphael: let's discuss more at the F2F
12:36:48 [nessy]
* Media Search UC: no volunteer
12:36:54 [nessy]
* Media Browsing UC: no volunteer
12:36:59 [jackjansen]
zakim, mute me
12:36:59 [Zakim]
jackjansen should now be muted
12:37:21 [jackjansen]
zakim, unmute me
12:37:21 [Zakim]
jackjansen should no longer be muted
12:37:24 [nessy]
Raphael: may need input from the media annotations working group
12:37:38 [nessy]
... chance to meet them at TPAC to discuss more
12:37:49 [nessy]
* Photo Book UC: [Erik]
12:38:07 [nessy]
Erik will have something to present at F2F
12:38:13 [nessy]
* Map and Multi Resolution UC: [Raphael]
12:38:20 [nessy]
Raphael will have something to present at F2F
12:38:38 [nessy]
.. with discussion of what technologies are currently used
12:38:41 [nessy]
* Karaoke UC: no volunteer
12:38:56 [nessy]
deferred
12:38:58 [nessy]
* Moving Point of Interest UC: [Davy & Erik]
12:39:07 [nessy]
relevant in second phase of WG
12:39:33 [nessy]
nothing to report right now
12:39:52 [nessy]
* Video Browser UC: [Silvia]
12:40:25 [nessy]
will present something at F2F
12:40:46 [nessy]
no further questions on use cases
12:40:50 [nessy]
Topic: STATE OF THE ART
12:40:56 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art
12:41:39 [nessy]
** HTTP/URI (Michael/Yves)
12:41:39 [nessy]
** RTSP Fragment (Silvia)
12:41:39 [nessy]
** SMIL (Jack)
12:41:39 [nessy]
** CMML (Silvia)
12:41:39 [nessy]
** MPEG-21 (Davy/Silvia)
12:41:41 [nessy]
** Spatial Fragment (Raphael)
12:42:03 [nessy]
Issues page is mostly focused on HTTP/URI case
12:43:01 [nessy]
Raphael: Silvia, would you like to add something to CMML
12:44:04 [raphael]
Jack: CMML relevant since it allows to attach annotations to media fragments
12:44:20 [raphael]
Silvia: small overlap
12:44:32 [nessy]
Silvia: CMML relevant from the POV of naming segments in media files
12:44:52 [nessy]
... but the attachment of metadata, descriptions, timed text and outgoing hyperlinks are not that relevant to this WG
12:45:01 [nessy]
Jack: curious to discuss at F2F
12:45:06 [Erik]
work hard :)
12:45:17 [nessy]
Topic: AOB
12:45:21 [nessy]
no other business
12:45:38 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
12:45:39 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:45:42 [Zakim]
-Yves
12:45:43 [Zakim]
-raphael
12:45:44 [Zakim]
-Erik
12:45:45 [Zakim]
-davy
12:45:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/15-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
12:45:53 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has left #mediafrag
12:46:00 [Zakim]
-nessy
12:46:02 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has ended
12:46:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were jackjansen, davy, Thierry, Erik, nessy, Yves, raphael
12:49:44 [raphael]
yep, will do
12:50:02 [nessy]
thanks a lot
12:50:11 [nessy]
I have lots to do on the plane :)
12:50:11 [Yves]
tracker is ok, so it's just a matter of trimming minutes
12:50:23 [nessy]
ok, good
12:50:36 [Yves]
nessy: you have a long trip, so it won't be too boring ;)
12:50:37 [nessy]
how do you refer back to an existing action item?
12:50:43 [nessy]
exactly :)
12:50:48 [nessy]
2 days there, 2 days back
12:50:52 [Yves]
ACTION-4 blah
12:51:02 [nessy]
ahhhh!
12:51:04 [nessy]
sorry :)
12:51:10 [Yves]
been in australia and in nz... I understand the feeling ;)
12:51:32 [nessy]
thanks :)
12:51:53 [nessy]
btw: trip to Korea is not that much shorter - it's still on the northern hemisphere, so a trip half way round the planet
12:52:12 [nessy]
but at least not so far to the west :)
12:53:26 [Yves]
france to nz is probably the longest I can make ;)
12:54:16 [raphael]
Consider Bora Bora Yves :-)
12:54:48 [Yves]
will take less time to go ther, might be more difficult to decide to go back home :)
12:55:24 [nessy]
any remote island will be a challenge!
12:55:36 [Yves]
like corsica
12:55:41 [nessy]
anyways - it's close to midnight - better get some sleep
12:55:47 [nessy]
yes, Corsica!! ;-)
12:55:51 [Yves]
have a nice trip!
12:55:58 [nessy]
la corse ... hmmm
12:56:01 [nessy]
I will
12:56:10 [nessy]
and I look forward to practising my rusty french
12:56:52 [raphael]
Yves, can you, as usual, remove the draft of the minutes ?
12:57:08 [Yves]
will do, just finishing an email, I'll do right after
12:57:23 [Yves]
I'll ping you once it's done
12:57:32 [nessy]
I also look forward to going out for drinks with all of you :)
12:57:44 [nessy]
will make the further work so much easier when you get to you each other!
13:00:16 [raphael]
:-)
13:03:45 [nessy]
do you live in Cannes?
13:03:56 [Yves]
no, in Nice
13:04:34 [nessy]
close enough :)
13:04:56 [nessy]
nice place to live in, too!
13:05:17 [Yves]
rrsagent, bye
13:05:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/15-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
13:05:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI [3]
13:05:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/15-mediafrag-irc#T12-20-08