IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-10-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:54:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:54:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-soap-jms-irc
15:55:03 [RolandMerrick]
RolandMerrick has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Oct/0021.html
15:55:09 [RolandMerrick]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Oct/0021.html
15:55:29 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, this will be WS_soap-jm
15:55:29 [Zakim]
ok, RolandMerrick, I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM already started
15:55:30 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
15:55:43 [Yves]
trackbot, start telcon
15:55:45 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, this is be WS_soap-jm
15:55:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:55:45 [Zakim]
sorry, RolandMerrick, I do not see a conference named 'be WS_soap-jm' in progress or scheduled at this time
15:55:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:55:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:55:48 [trackbot]
Date: 14 October 2008
15:55:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
15:56:53 [Roland]
Roland has joined #soap-jms
15:57:48 [Zakim]
+Roland
15:58:11 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:58:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
15:58:20 [Roland]
rrsagent, make log public
15:59:15 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
16:00:27 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:00:27 [Roland]
Zakim, list
16:00:27 [Zakim]
I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM, Team_(w3f)15:59Z, SW_SWD()11:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM active
16:00:30 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time is SW_HCLS(Chairs)12:00PM
16:00:56 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:01:10 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:01:15 [Phil]
Zakim, IBM is Phil
16:01:15 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
16:01:27 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:01:38 [Zakim]
+Derek
16:01:40 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
16:01:55 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
16:02:19 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
16:02:39 [Roland]
Zakim, Peter_Easton is peaston
16:02:39 [Zakim]
+peaston; got it
16:03:08 [Zakim]
+Eric_Johnson
16:03:24 [Roland]
Zakim, Eric_Johnson is eric
16:03:24 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:03:42 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:03:45 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:04:56 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aaaa
16:05:03 [Zakim]
+Yves
16:05:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.956.aabb
16:05:23 [mphillip]
zakim aaaa is mphilip
16:05:27 [bhakti]
bhakti has joined #soap-jms
16:05:28 [Roland]
Zakim, aaaa is mphillip
16:05:28 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:05:46 [Roland]
Zakim, aabb is bhakti
16:05:46 [Zakim]
+bhakti; got it
16:06:19 [Roland]
Topic Actions
16:06:26 [Roland]
Topic: Actions
16:06:30 [mphillip]
scribe: mphillip[
16:06:38 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
16:08:17 [mphillip]
close Action-38
16:08:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-38 - put the just agreed-upon changes related to TextMessage into the spec (Phil's write up & Eric's writeup) closed
16:08:49 [mphillip]
close action-39
16:08:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-39 Email/phone Oracle/BEA to see if they want to continue to be listed on the URI specification by 2008-10-08 closed
16:09:09 [mphillip]
Oracle removed from the editor list on the URI spec
16:09:23 [mphillip]
close action-40
16:09:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-40 Write up specific proposal for conformance to address the normative concerns. closed
16:09:45 [mphillip]
Roland's edits per Action 38 and 40 to be reviewed
16:10:22 [mphillip]
Topic: Review draft changes per Text Message etc.
16:10:25 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
16:11:45 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#binding-message-body
16:20:55 [mphillip]
All comfortable with the text messages changes
16:22:29 [eric]
Add sentence: a conforming implementation MUST support both TextMessage and BytesMessage. ?
16:22:55 [mphillip]
...providing we add a clarification into section 2.4 like eric's comment above
16:23:30 [Roland]
change "Use fault subcode unsupportedJMSMessageFormat when the arriving message format is not supported by the application"
16:24:01 [Roland]
to"Use fault subcode unsupportedJMSMessageFormat when the arriving message format is not BytesMessage or TextMessage"
16:25:58 [mphillip]
ACTION: Roland to Clarify the fault to be returned when the arriving message is neither Bytes or Text message
16:25:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-41 - Clarify the fault to be returned when the arriving message is neither Bytes or Text message [on Roland Merrick - due 2008-10-21].
16:26:37 [Roland]
Conformance changes:
16:26:38 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#introduction-conformance
16:26:40 [mphillip]
Topic: Changes on conformance - section 1.5
16:26:49 [mphillip]
s/1.5/1.6
16:29:25 [mphillip]
Clarified that WSDL support is optional, but that if implemented, the implementation MUST implement all the requirements
16:32:30 [mphillip]
Phil: Ask for clarification on the support for the URI
16:33:47 [mphillip]
Eric: Simplify by removing the last sentence, and say that the URI MUST be supported (in the first - base protocol - statement)
16:34:02 [mphillip]
Phil: Does this just mean JNDI
16:34:23 [mphillip]
Eric: No - the URI scheme does not mandate any specific variant
16:36:28 [mphillip]
ACTION: Roland Clarify the conformance section (1.6) to make it clear that the URI scheme MUST be fully supported in the base protocol (just refer to it once)
16:36:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Clarify the conformance section (1.6) to make it clear that the URI scheme MUST be fully supported in the base protocol (just refer to it once) [on Roland Merrick - due 2008-10-21].
16:37:48 [mphillip]
TOPIC: URI Spec new draft
16:38:07 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:38:13 [Roland]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-merrick-jms-uri/
16:38:16 [mphillip]
Roland: Spec. looks good
16:38:44 [mphillip]
Eric: To proceed we need to mail the IETF secretariat list
16:39:44 [mphillip]
ACTION: Eric to Mail the JMS URI draft to the IETF Secretariat mailing list to move the process to the next stage
16:39:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-43 - Mail the JMS URI draft to the IETF Secretariat mailing list to move the process to the next stage [on Eric Johnson - due 2008-10-21].
16:39:47 [Roland]
Topic: Spec anomalies on targetService
16:40:08 [mphillip]
Eric's action to be dated for the end of the month
16:40:38 [Roland]
Topic: No XML Schema describes the elements defined in the
16:40:38 [Roland]
specification
16:42:58 [mphillip]
Action: Mark to Create a Schema for the WSDL extensions
16:42:58 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Mark
16:42:58 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. mhapner, mphillip)
16:43:18 [mphillip]
ACTION: mphillip to Create a Schema for the WSDL extensions
16:43:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-44 - Create a Schema for the WSDL extensions [on Mark Phillips - due 2008-10-21].
16:43:41 [mphillip]
Topic: Specifying additional JNDI parameters,
16:43:57 [Derek]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Sep/0031.html
16:44:56 [mphillip]
Derek: This dates back to action item 22. Some JNDI providers may need additional JNDI parameters
16:45:40 [mphillip]
Derek: The link relates to an email from Eric which discusses Derek's proposal
16:47:18 [mphillip]
Derek: Proposed URI changes include a suggested prefix to 'namespace' the JNDI properties
16:49:06 [mphillip]
Roland: The suggested "jndi-" prefix would be a good thing if it is allowed in the URI - should be in the URI *and* the WSDL unless someone can think of a good reason why not.
16:50:41 [mphillip]
No other comments on URI spec.
16:52:11 [mphillip]
Derek: In the binding spec. Eric suggested using a new XML schema type for this WSDL extension property
16:53:49 [mphillip]
Eric and Phil: Prefer the name "jndiContextParameter" to "jndiProperty"
16:53:59 [Phil]
has to run... talk to you all next week
16:54:02 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:54:21 [Derek]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Sep/0028.html
16:54:40 [mphillip]
Eric: This isn't just a string, this is a name and a value - i.e. a complex type
16:55:49 [Zakim]
-eric
16:56:09 [Zakim]
+eric
16:56:18 [mphillip]
Derek: e.g. <soapjms:jndiProperty name="com.sun.jndi.someParameter" value="someValue" type="string"/>
16:57:11 [mphillip]
Peter: We need to state that this will all be strings
16:57:43 [mphillip]
Eric: They will be defined as xsd:string in the schema definition
16:58:05 [mphillip]
Eric: These JNDI values are always strings
16:58:51 [Zakim]
-eric
16:59:15 [Zakim]
+eric
16:59:49 [mphillip]
Mark: Should this be a complex element with children or an elementr with attributes as shown
17:00:11 [mphillip]
Roland: Simpler to use attributes e.g. <soapjms:jndiProperty name="com.sun.jndi.someParameter" value="someValue"/>
17:00:56 [mphillip]
Action: Derek to Tidy up the proposal factoring in Eric's changes and splitting the proposal into 2 parts - URI spec and Binding
17:00:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-45 - Tidy up the proposal factoring in Eric's changes and splitting the proposal into 2 parts - URI spec and Binding [on Derek Rokicki - due 2008-10-21].
17:01:07 [Roland]
<soapjms:jndiProperty name="com.sun.jndi.someParameter">someValue</soapjms:jndiProperty>
17:01:33 [mphillip]
mark: Should be jndiContextParameter
17:02:42 [mphillip]
Roland: May have difficulty chairing the call next week
17:03:26 [mphillip]
Roland: Two main items outstanding - JNDI properties and arbitrary headers.... We should discuss by email this week
17:04:02 [mphillip]
Peter: Happy to drop issue on abitrary JMS headers
17:04:43 [peaston]
I'm happy dropping arbitrary JMS headers
17:05:09 [mphillip]
Roland: Hope to get spec into last call by the end of the month
17:05:44 [Zakim]
-eric
17:05:44 [mphillip]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:05:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:05:45 [Zakim]
-bhakti
17:05:46 [Zakim]
-Derek
17:05:47 [Zakim]
-mphillip
17:05:47 [Zakim]
-Yves
17:05:49 [Zakim]
-Roland
17:05:50 [Zakim]
-peaston
17:05:52 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:05:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Roland, Phil, Derek, peaston, eric, +0196270aaaa, Yves, +1.408.956.aabb, mphillip, bhakti
17:06:05 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:06:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
17:06:40 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
18:32:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms