IRC log of bpwg on 2008-10-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:54:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #bpwg
13:54:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-irc
13:54:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:54:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #bpwg
13:54:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be BPWG
13:54:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_BPWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:54:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
13:54:14 [trackbot]
Date: 09 October 2008
13:54:22 [francois]
Chair: DKA
13:55:01 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #bpwg
13:55:21 [francois]
Regrets: Miguel, SeanP, dom, hgerlach, AlanC, jeffs
13:55:45 [nacho]
nacho has joined #bpwg
13:55:48 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG()10:00AM has now started
13:55:55 [Zakim]
+ +0207881aaaa
13:56:03 [cgi-irc]
zakim, aaaa is me
13:56:04 [Zakim]
+cgi-irc; got it
13:56:53 [francois]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0013.html
13:59:41 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #bpwg
13:59:54 [rob]
rob has joined #bpwg
13:59:57 [nacho]
nacho has joined #bpwg
14:00:16 [Zakim]
+ +0207866aabb
14:00:20 [Zakim]
-cgi-irc
14:00:22 [Zakim]
+cgi-irc
14:00:49 [Zakim]
+Francois
14:00:58 [DKA]
DKA has joined #bpwg
14:01:06 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see cgi-irc, +0207866aabb, Francois
14:01:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DKA, nacho, rob, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, dom, trackbot
14:01:16 [DKA]
zakim, aabb is DKA
14:01:16 [Zakim]
+DKA; got it
14:01:17 [dom]
dom has left #bpwg
14:01:25 [Zakim]
+rob
14:01:35 [DKA]
zakim, DKA is Vodafone
14:01:35 [adam]
zakim, cgi-irc is me
14:01:37 [Zakim]
+Vodafone; got it
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+adam; got it
14:01:48 [jo]
jo has joined #bpwg
14:01:51 [DKA]
zakim, Vodafone holds DKA and jo
14:01:52 [Zakim]
+DKA, jo; got it
14:01:58 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam, Vodafone, Francois, rob
14:02:07 [Zakim]
Vodafone has DKA, jo
14:02:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jo, DKA, nacho, rob, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, trackbot
14:02:55 [Bryan]
Bryan has joined #bpwg
14:02:56 [Zakim]
+ +0121707aacc
14:03:04 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:03:15 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam, Vodafone, Francois, rob, +0121707aacc, ??P16
14:03:22 [Zakim]
Vodafone has DKA, jo
14:03:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bryan, jo, DKA, nacho, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, trackbot
14:03:25 [Zakim]
+Bryan_Sullivan
14:03:27 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:03:29 [Zakim]
+Sangwhan_Moon; got it
14:03:35 [jsmanrique]
jsmanrique has joined #bpwg
14:03:41 [brucel]
brucel has joined #bpwg
14:03:49 [jo]
zakim, who i shere
14:03:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who i shere', jo
14:03:57 [jo]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see adam, Vodafone, Francois, rob, +0121707aacc, Sangwhan_Moon, Bryan_Sullivan
14:03:59 [Zakim]
Vodafone has DKA, jo
14:04:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brucel, jsmanrique, Bryan, jo, DKA, nacho, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, trackbot
14:04:18 [rob]
rob has joined #bpwg
14:04:38 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:04:47 [brucel]
yes, hi
14:04:50 [nacho]
zakim, p19 is me
14:04:50 [Zakim]
sorry, nacho, I do not recognize a party named 'p19'
14:04:54 [Zakim]
-adam
14:04:59 [Zakim]
+ +0472369aadd
14:04:59 [nacho]
zakim, ??p19 is me
14:04:59 [francois]
zakim, aacc is brucel
14:05:02 [Zakim]
+nacho; got it
14:05:05 [abel]
abel has joined #bpwg
14:05:06 [Zakim]
+brucel; got it
14:05:11 [jo]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:05:16 [nacho]
zakim, mute me
14:05:20 [Zakim]
nacho should now be muted
14:05:22 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim, mute me
14:05:26 [Zakim]
+berrueta
14:05:30 [Zakim]
jo, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Vodafone (52%), brucel (19%)
14:05:33 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:34 [Zakim]
Sangwhan_Moon should now be muted
14:05:36 [Zakim]
+adam
14:05:40 [abel]
zakim, berrueta is me
14:05:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vodafone, Francois, rob, brucel, Sangwhan_Moon (muted), Bryan_Sullivan, nacho (muted), +0472369aadd, berrueta, adam
14:05:45 [Zakim]
Vodafone has DKA, jo
14:05:47 [Zakim]
+abel; got it
14:05:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel, rob, brucel, jsmanrique, Bryan, jo, DKA, nacho, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, trackbot
14:06:19 [francois]
zakim, aadd is DavidStorey
14:06:19 [Zakim]
+DavidStorey; got it
14:07:12 [Zakim]
+ +2
14:07:24 [yeliz]
zakim, + 2 is yeliz
14:07:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+ 2 is yeliz', yeliz
14:07:36 [yeliz]
zakim, + + 2 is yeliz
14:07:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+ + 2 is yeliz', yeliz
14:07:37 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:07:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vodafone, Francois, rob, brucel, Sangwhan_Moon (muted), Bryan_Sullivan, nacho (muted), DavidStorey, abel, adam, +2
14:07:39 [francois]
zakim, +2 is yeliz
14:07:41 [Zakim]
abel has abel, manrique
14:07:41 [Zakim]
Vodafone has DKA, jo
14:07:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel, rob, brucel, jsmanrique, Bryan, jo, DKA, nacho, yeliz, adam, Zakim, RRSAgent, Sangwhan_Moon, francois, matt, trackbot
14:07:45 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
14:08:12 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
14:08:15 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:08:35 [jo]
zakim, pick a victim
14:08:36 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
14:08:43 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose DavidStorey
14:08:47 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
14:09:01 [francois]
Scribe: yeliz
14:09:01 [jo]
scribe: yeliz
14:09:06 [francois]
ScribeNick: yeliz
14:09:15 [francois]
Topic: Task forces report
14:10:13 [Bryan]
q+
14:10:15 [yeliz]
Francois: On Tuesday we had a good discussion, and send an email to XX, we are moving forward, but still take time
14:10:19 [DKA]
ack bry
14:10:36 [yeliz]
Bryan: wasn't on that call, I send a list of comments inrespnonse to Tom's comment
14:10:58 [yeliz]
link rewriting comment, we decided to look into that more detail
14:11:05 [dstorey]
dstorey has joined #bpwg
14:11:10 [yeliz]
people need to be aware of that, it is an important topic
14:11:43 [yeliz]
Francois: I have read what you have done, I am not sure if at the end we will end up with detailed guidelines
14:12:03 [yeliz]
Francois: we have to make sure that we have the big picture, before we write down things to the spec
14:12:15 [yeliz]
Bryan: just wanted to raise those points
14:12:26 [francois]
s/XX/IETF TLS Working Group/
14:13:03 [yeliz]
Francois: I don't think it will be ready by the end of f2f meeting, unfortunately
14:13:29 [yeliz]
DKA: will add that to agenda, how much time we should spend on the agenda
14:13:37 [yeliz]
DKA: could easily spend a day
14:13:54 [yeliz]
Francois: one day too much, half day fantastic
14:14:12 [yeliz]
Agenda: Korea (if present)
14:14:22 [yeliz]
DKA: any mode from Korea?
14:14:55 [yeliz]
Agenda: Checker
14:15:09 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim, who is talking?
14:15:13 [yeliz]
Miguel: little bit activity in the mailing list
14:15:20 [Zakim]
Sangwhan_Moon, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Vodafone (14%), abel (72%), yeliz (49%)
14:15:20 [francois]
s/Agenda: /Topic: /
14:15:27 [yeliz]
miguel: some people asking how to use but nothing new in the development
14:15:35 [francois]
s/Agenda: Korea/Topic: Korea/
14:15:47 [yeliz]
DKA: anything that needs to be done in the f2f regarding checker
14:15:57 [yeliz]
DKA: what time would u like with the checker
14:15:59 [nacho]
s/Miguel:/Abel:/
14:16:09 [nacho]
s/miguel:/Abel:/
14:16:15 [yeliz]
Abel: not sure
14:16:36 [yeliz]
Abel: HTTP stuff would be good to discuss
14:16:45 [yeliz]
DKA: clarification?
14:16:47 [francois]
s/HTTP stuff/HTTPS stuff/
14:17:16 [francois]
q+
14:17:18 [yeliz]
Jo: I don't think we can do much before the f2f
14:17:31 [DKA]
ack fr
14:18:02 [yeliz]
Francois: final change HTTPS, we need to address it ASAP, I don't think we can publish it before the F2F
14:18:13 [yeliz]
Francois: Jo do you have time to work on this?
14:18:19 [yeliz]
Jo: I will do that tomorrow
14:18:24 [yeliz]
Francois: Fantastic
14:18:29 [jo]
s/I don't think we can do much before the f2f/I think we will be done with this before the f3f but the change we proposed to mobileOK Basic Tests doesn't seem to work for the WSC WG/
14:18:52 [yeliz]
Topic: Mobile Accessibility
14:19:10 [yeliz]
DKA: Regarding Shawn's email to the public list, anything to discuss there
14:19:56 [francois]
Jo: Yeliz is looking for feedback from several people, including me, I think
14:20:16 [francois]
yeliz: yes, I addressed all the feedback I received in the latest version
14:20:27 [francois]
jo: my assumption is that when that is done, we're done, right?
14:20:31 [francois]
yeliz: yes.
14:20:52 [francois]
... I won't be able to attend the F2F meeting.
14:21:02 [francois]
... The EOWG is happy with this version.
14:21:30 [yeliz]
Topic: BP 1.5
14:22:25 [yeliz]
Jo: haven't seen any comment in the mailing list, I think we need to action everybody for that
14:22:45 [DKA]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0001.html
14:23:40 [yeliz]
DKA: theme for feedback, free chocolate
14:23:58 [yeliz]
DKA: I will provide the chocolate, it works for 7 years old
14:24:28 [yeliz]
Topic: mobileOK scheme
14:24:41 [yeliz]
Jo: I haven't seen anything happened
14:24:58 [yeliz]
Jo: I believe XXX was redrafting
14:25:09 [jo]
s/XXX/Phil
14:25:53 [yeliz]
DKA: I think he is going to be in town because
14:26:24 [yeliz]
DKA: I can't see the result, Francois you need to tell us..
14:27:14 [DKA]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0014.html
14:27:19 [DKA]
Topic: BP 2.0
14:27:41 [yeliz]
DKA: can you take us through this current draft
14:27:49 [yeliz]
relatively small changes
14:28:04 [yeliz]
tackle namely those minor comments
14:28:24 [yeliz]
Added a new section,
14:28:49 [yeliz]
will try to fold in new useful best practices and also some more that have been emailed to the list
14:28:57 [yeliz]
so that we can also disscuss at F2F
14:29:00 [francois]
[Phil is not attending on Monday, and is attending the Semantic Web WG on Tuesday]
14:29:10 [yeliz]
Jo: we need to have a stable draft before F2F
14:29:21 [yeliz]
Jo: we need to have the changes before the F2F
14:29:29 [francois]
s/Semantic Web WG/Semantic Web IG/
14:29:44 [yeliz]
Will do it before the begining of next week
14:30:21 [yeliz]
DKA: will read it before the meeting
14:30:53 [yeliz]
DKA: anything else we need to discuss about this document?
14:31:07 [yeliz]
DKA: I can think of one more thing, latency section
14:31:14 [yeliz]
DKA: change it around, etc
14:31:28 [yeliz]
I think some of the sections need refactoring
14:31:43 [yeliz]
For example, one Web, not sure what the intend of this
14:31:56 [yeliz]
DKA: The intend is ...
14:32:13 [Zakim]
+ +0496151680aaff
14:32:22 [yeliz]
There are issues raised with respect to Bryan's comments, or may be we want to read it before
14:32:27 [DKA]
zakim, aaff is kai
14:32:27 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
14:33:00 [yeliz]
We got some open issues that Bryan raised, I addressed those so we can discuss those
14:33:12 [yeliz]
so we can discuss my changes
14:33:14 [Kai]
Kai has joined #bpwg
14:33:23 [yeliz]
DKA: why don't we discuss those
14:33:41 [yeliz]
DKA: do you want to introduce them?
14:33:45 [jo]
s/There are issues /Adam: There are issues /
14:33:46 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/open?sort=product Open issues per product
14:34:00 [yeliz]
Adam: can somebody open the issues
14:34:03 [DKA]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/open
14:34:05 [adam]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20081008
14:34:08 [yeliz]
Adam:?
14:34:19 [yeliz]
Adam: here is the document
14:34:47 [yeliz]
Kai: any easy way of versioning on HTML documents?
14:35:16 [jo]
-> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff Dom's Diffatron
14:35:33 [yeliz]
DKA: I got the list of issues here
14:35:43 [yeliz]
DKA: Issue 227
14:35:50 [jo]
ISSUE-277?
14:35:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-277 -- 3.3.1 Inform user about automatic network access and provide control -- OPEN
14:35:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/277
14:36:28 [yeliz]
DKA: is it worth going through these
14:36:38 [yeliz]
DKA:? and we can close the issue
14:37:11 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20081008#bp-inform-automation section 3.1.1
14:37:12 [jo]
s/DKA: Issue 227/Topic: ISSUE-277
14:37:29 [yeliz]
Adam: I separated out the whole section and added in some more details about what kind of information can be used to inform the user
14:37:55 [yeliz]
Adam: lost all my links
14:38:32 [jo]
close ISSUE-277
14:39:05 [yeliz]
Adam: I haven't done that - Issue: XXX
14:39:27 [yeliz]
Adam: Automatic access, when is the good place to it, I couldn't think of anything else
14:39:40 [yeliz]
Adam: do people have some ideas on this?
14:39:59 [yeliz]
Issue 279
14:39:59 [jo]
s/XXX/279
14:40:03 [francois]
ISSUE-279
14:40:07 [francois]
ISSUE-279?
14:40:07 [trackbot]
ISSUE-279 -- 4.3.3 Provide Disclosures that are Timely and Accessible -- OPEN
14:40:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/279
14:40:34 [jo]
s/Issue 279/Topic: ISSUE-279/
14:41:07 [yeliz]
DKA: add an action to complete that
14:41:09 [jo]
ACTION: Bryan to propose text ref ISSUE-279
14:41:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-861 - Propose text ref ISSUE-279 [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2008-10-16].
14:41:18 [jo]
Topic: ISSUE-278
14:41:25 [DKA]
ISSUE-278?
14:41:25 [trackbot]
ISSUE-278 -- 3.3.2 Inform user about use of PIM information -- OPEN
14:41:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/278
14:41:28 [jo]
ISSUE-278?
14:41:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-278 -- 3.3.2 Inform user about use of PIM information -- OPEN
14:41:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/278
14:41:57 [yeliz]
Adam: Thank kind of works for me
14:42:12 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20081008#bp-inform-personalinfo section 3.3.2
14:42:25 [yeliz]
Adam: I added of kinds of things that the user could do to address that
14:42:57 [yeliz]
Kai: When you say xxx are you talkig about context server?
14:43:31 [yeliz]
Adam: In section 3.3.2 there is a bulleted list
14:43:40 [francois]
s/xxx/PIM/
14:43:48 [yeliz]
Adam: I have to go through my notes to check the changes
14:43:57 [yeliz]
DKA: Any other issues that we can close
14:44:02 [yeliz]
DKA:?
14:44:58 [yeliz]
Adam: best to stay for f2f, 3.1.1 retain personalisation information...Need to refactor and find another home for that, best to discuss at F2F
14:45:26 [yeliz]
Action: Adam to send email about issues
14:45:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-862 - Send email about issues [on Adam Connors - due 2008-10-16].
14:45:38 [yeliz]
Kai: I won't be at F2F
14:46:14 [yeliz]
Kai: needs discussion on whole notion of tailoring your content/application for device
14:46:21 [francois]
s/Kai: When you say/Bryan: When you say/
14:46:37 [francois]
s/Kai: I won/Bryan: I won/
14:46:50 [francois]
s/Kai: needs discussion/Bryan: needs discussion/
14:47:13 [yeliz]
Bryan: what my user agent is? how user agents discloses its identity and capability
14:47:31 [yeliz]
Bryan: is not well received with this group which puzzled me
14:47:53 [yeliz]
DKA: Web apps group done a lot of work...
14:48:21 [yeliz]
DKA: both BP1 and BP2 based on the idea that you have information about the device and you build UI based on that knowledge
14:48:42 [yeliz]
DKA: how you get that device knowledge? may be that's why we try to be away from that
14:48:54 [yeliz]
Bryan: Other group is working on..
14:49:05 [yeliz]
Bryan: This group is working on...
14:49:46 [yeliz]
DKA: didn't your ... Browser is a web application, little semantic difference
14:50:19 [yeliz]
DKA: looked at phone widgest...Other widgets, they all disclose information about the type
14:51:14 [yeliz]
DKA: May be I am wrong, but we assumed that you have a device knowledge
14:51:56 [yeliz]
DKA: we have agreed to explore in the document...In BP 2, we agreed to specify device knowledge you need
14:52:42 [jo]
q+
14:52:57 [yeliz]
Bryan: how to differentiate from one vendor to the other
14:53:13 [yeliz]
DKA: talking about adding something to the response header
14:53:25 [yeliz]
Bryan: you have the ability to add on
14:53:58 [jo]
q?
14:54:08 [francois]
s/you have the ability to add/I referring
14:54:10 [yeliz]
Bryan: weak identity....you can also accept header...Those are requests
14:54:13 [adam]
q+
14:54:27 [yeliz]
DKA: we need some public feedback
14:54:44 [yeliz]
DKA: we need to document that issue in the draft and seek public feedback
14:54:49 [francois]
s/I referring/I was referring to the HTTP request and say if you look at XHR, you'll see that the ability to add on the User-Agent, Accept headers is there
14:54:57 [jo]
ack me
14:55:02 [DKA]
q?
14:55:25 [yeliz]
Jo: I don't see emergency in this, I don't....
14:56:15 [yeliz]
Bryan: web application...who they are, what they can do? what they expect
14:56:31 [yeliz]
Bryan: you have all the capabilities of all those APIs
14:56:33 [DKA]
ack adam
14:56:42 [francois]
s/I don't..../I don't see the use case right now, because web apps talk to their mother server/
14:57:15 [DKA]
s/wurfl/device atlas/
14:57:23 [yeliz]
Adam: Web app on the client need to know the device to render properly, may be there are use to
14:57:43 [yeliz]
Adam: I haven't see an email to the mailing list, a use case? I have difficulty understanding the use case
14:57:52 [jo]
4. The XMLHttpRequest Object
14:57:54 [jo]
The XMLHttpRequest object can be used by scripts to programmatically connect to their originating server via HTTP.
14:57:58 [Zakim]
-rob
14:58:23 [yeliz]
DKA: the text will be changed
14:58:42 [yeliz]
Jo: we can't talk about a recommendation that does not exist today
14:58:48 [yeliz]
Jo: we cannot just guess
14:59:04 [yeliz]
DKA: any other comments?
14:59:16 [DKA]
ack fran
15:00:21 [yeliz]
Francois: dealing with the HTTP request, is not intended for browsing, intended to be processed by Web apps, a real use case? don't have a clear opinion
15:00:34 [yeliz]
DKA: there might be some arguments...Need feedback
15:00:50 [yeliz]
DKA: it's clear you could do...
15:01:11 [yeliz]
DKA: it makes sense to seek for public feedback
15:01:36 [francois]
s/dealing with the HTTP request,/amending the HTTP User-Agent to identify the Web App could be useful when there is a Content Transformation proxy on the line to tell that it
15:02:15 [yeliz]
Bryan: I can also raise a issue, I can't see how...
15:02:22 [yeliz]
DKA: request feedback on this point
15:03:58 [yeliz]
DKA: no feedback...it doesn't mean anything
15:04:08 [yeliz]
DKA: need feedback yes or no..
15:04:15 [yeliz]
DKA: public discussion...
15:05:39 [yeliz]
DKA: there is a new W3C group to..
15:05:44 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-247
15:05:49 [francois]
ISSUE-247?
15:05:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-247 -- What advices can we offer on the use of geolocation in mobile web applications? -- OPEN
15:05:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/247
15:06:43 [yeliz]
DKA: in my view, I encourage everybody to check the charter and possibly join the group
15:07:02 [yeliz]
DKA: we can close the issue
15:07:21 [yeliz]
DKA: any other comments?
15:07:41 [yeliz]
DKA: may be we do need something in the document
15:08:16 [yeliz]
Jo: we don't have to ... in the document
15:08:25 [adam]
+1
15:08:29 [yeliz]
Jo: we can't have a best partice
15:09:15 [yeliz]
Adam: just a long list of ...
15:09:21 [yeliz]
DKA: lets close this issue
15:09:35 [francois]
close ISSUE-247
15:10:14 [jo]
s/we can't have a best partice/we can't have a best practice that relates to a rec that hasn't been written/
15:10:21 [yeliz]
DKA: are there other issues or actions that people would like to discuss?
15:10:40 [Sangwhan_Moon]
ISSUE-276?
15:10:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-276 -- 3.1.1 Retain Personalization Information -- RAISED
15:10:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/276
15:11:59 [yeliz]
DKA: I like to close action 851
15:12:01 [francois]
ACTION-851?
15:12:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-851 -- Daniel Appelquist to write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F -- due 2008-10-02 -- OPEN
15:12:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/851
15:12:07 [jo]
close ACTION-851
15:12:07 [francois]
Close ACTION-851
15:12:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-851 Write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F closed
15:12:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-851 Write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F closed
15:12:20 [jo]
close action-839
15:12:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-839 Arrange BP 2.0 editorial meeting to fit in with his hectic globe trotting schedule closed
15:12:22 [yeliz]
ACTION-839?
15:12:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-839 -- Daniel Appelquist to arrange BP 2.0 editorial meeting to fit in with his hectic globe trotting schedule -- due 2008-09-11 -- CLOSED
15:12:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/839
15:12:43 [francois]
q+
15:12:48 [yeliz]
DKA: any other actions that people have completed?
15:12:56 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
15:12:56 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:13:17 [DKA]
ack fra
15:13:19 [francois]
ACTION-849?
15:13:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-849 -- Fran├žois Daoust to check about missing Korean participants -- due 2008-09-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:13:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/849
15:13:33 [francois]
close ACTION-849
15:13:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-849 Check about missing Korean participants closed
15:13:35 [yeliz]
Francois: action 849 can be closed as well
15:13:53 [francois]
Close ACTION-856
15:13:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-856 Chase WSC WG ref proposed change to mobileOK Basic closed
15:13:54 [yeliz]
ACTION-841?
15:13:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-841 -- Jo Rabin to review WSC comment and propose new wording -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:13:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841
15:14:09 [jo]
close ACTION-841
15:14:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-841 Review WSC comment and propose new wording closed
15:14:13 [yeliz]
Jo: action 841 could be closed?
15:14:19 [jo]
ACTION-851
15:14:26 [jo]
ACTION-851?
15:14:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-851 -- Daniel Appelquist to write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F -- due 2008-10-02 -- CLOSED
15:14:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/851
15:14:33 [yeliz]
ACTION-859?
15:14:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-859 -- Fran├žois Daoust to contact IETF TLS group and advise them of what we are thinking and ask for guidance on what to recommend to Content Provider about detecting the presence of a man-in-the-middle proxy -- due 2008-10-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:14:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/859
15:14:44 [jo]
ACTION-841?
15:14:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-841 -- Jo Rabin to review WSC comment and propose new wording -- due 2008-09-11 -- CLOSED
15:14:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/841
15:15:03 [Kai]
We can close 837
15:15:13 [yeliz]
ACTION-837?
15:15:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:15:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837
15:15:18 [jo]
ACTION: Jo to reword following WSC WG feedback on proposed changes to mobileOK Basic
15:15:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-863 - Reword following WSC WG feedback on proposed changes to mobileOK Basic [on Jo Rabin - due 2008-10-16].
15:15:25 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingreview Actions pending review
15:15:39 [yeliz]
ACTION-792?
15:15:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-792 -- Abel Rionda to propose some text on SVG -- due 2008-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:15:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/792
15:16:43 [yeliz]
DKA: we don't have any txt on SVG
15:17:36 [yeliz]
DKA: the text is actually here
15:17:48 [DKA]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/0090.html
15:17:50 [yeliz]
DKA: we need to think about his, Adam r u aware of this?
15:17:51 [Kai]
close action-739
15:17:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-739 Summarize (again) discussion on Ajax/XHR and propose some resolutions closed
15:17:54 [yeliz]
Adam: probably not
15:18:49 [yeliz]
DKA: web developers might want to SVG, ...working group is working a format to encourage people use SVG
15:19:10 [yeliz]
DKA: what I suggest Adam review the input and then give feedback to the group
15:19:16 [yeliz]
Adam: that sounds good
15:19:23 [yeliz]
Adam: will print out and give feedback
15:20:27 [yeliz]
DKA: Action on Adam and Bryan ...
15:20:47 [yeliz]
DKA: discuss in the next 10 mnutes
15:20:50 [yeliz]
DKA:?
15:21:15 [Kai]
close action-793
15:21:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-793 Work with Scott to produce proposed text on caching that goes beyond BP 1 closed
15:21:19 [yeliz]
DKA: suggest action Adam to review people and Bryan should also review
15:21:34 [yeliz]
DKA: suggest to close the call?
15:21:48 [yeliz]
DKA: any F2F logistical issue?
15:21:53 [yeliz]
Francois: no
15:22:11 [yeliz]
Francois: we will have xxx on both Monday and Tuesyda
15:22:25 [francois]
s/xxx/the polycom/
15:22:44 [yeliz]
DKA: Bryan can you please let us know the times you are available
15:22:54 [yeliz]
DKA: send your availability to the mailing list
15:23:22 [yeliz]
DKA: then we can arrange the agenda to schedule the BP2 time around that
15:23:36 [yeliz]
Bryan: do you know time difference? 11 hours?
15:24:23 [yeliz]
DKA: any other items?
15:24:31 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:24:31 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:24:51 [yeliz]
DKA: thanks everybody
15:24:55 [Zakim]
-kai
15:24:57 [Zakim]
-adam
15:24:58 [Zakim]
-brucel
15:25:01 [Zakim]
-Vodafone
15:25:02 [Zakim]
-Bryan_Sullivan
15:25:02 [Zakim]
-Francois
15:25:04 [Zakim]
-abel
15:25:04 [Zakim]
-DavidStorey
15:25:09 [Zakim]
-yeliz
15:25:12 [nacho]
bye everyone
15:25:23 [Zakim]
-nacho
15:25:54 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:25:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:27:33 [francois]
zakim, list attendees
15:27:33 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +0207881aaaa, +0207866aabb, Francois, rob, adam, DKA, jo, +0121707aacc, Bryan_Sullivan, Sangwhan_Moon, +0472369aadd, nacho, brucel, abel,
15:27:36 [Zakim]
... manrique, DavidStorey, yeliz, +0496151680aaff, kai
15:27:42 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:27:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:27:59 [rob]
rob has left #bpwg
15:28:44 [francois]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:28:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sangwhan_Moon
15:30:05 [francois]
zakim, drop Sangwhan_Moon
15:30:05 [Zakim]
Sangwhan_Moon is being disconnected
15:30:06 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG()10:00AM has ended
15:30:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0207881aaaa, +0207866aabb, Francois, rob, adam, DKA, jo, +0121707aacc, Bryan_Sullivan, Sangwhan_Moon, +0472369aadd, nacho, brucel, abel, manrique, DavidStorey,
15:30:10 [Zakim]
... yeliz, +0496151680aaff, kai
15:30:13 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:30:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:31:13 [yeliz]
yeliz has left #bpwg
15:31:37 [francois]
s/relatively small changes/Adam: relatively small changes/
15:31:52 [francois]
s/tackle /... tackle /
15:32:03 [francois]
s/Added a new section/... Added a new section/
15:32:16 [brucel]
brucel has left #bpwg
15:32:16 [francois]
s/will try to fold in /... will try to fold in /
15:32:30 [francois]
s/so that we can also disscuss at F2F/... so that we can also discuss at F2F/
15:32:45 [francois]
s/Will do it before the begining of next week/Adam: Will do it before the begining of next week/
15:32:59 [francois]
s/I think some of the sections need refactoring/Adam: I think some of the sections need refactoring/
15:33:09 [francois]
s/For example, one Web, not sure what the intend of this/Adam: For example, one Web, not sure what the intend of this/
15:33:13 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:33:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:33:45 [francois]
s/We got some open issues that Bryan raised/... We got some open issues that Bryan raised/
15:33:55 [francois]
s/so we can discuss my changes/... so we can discuss my changes/
15:34:30 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:34:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:34:55 [francois]
s/Topic: Task forces report/Topic: Content Transformation TF/
15:34:57 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:34:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:53:19 [francois]
RRSAgent, bye
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-actions.rdf :
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bryan to propose text ref ISSUE-279 [1]
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-irc#T14-41-09
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Adam to send email about issues [2]
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-irc#T14-45-26
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jo to reword following WSC WG feedback on proposed changes to mobileOK Basic [3]
15:53:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-bpwg-irc#T15-15-18
15:53:22 [francois]
Zakim, bye
15:53:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #bpwg