IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-10-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:33:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:33:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc
11:33:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:33:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
11:33:24 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:33:24 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 27 minutes
11:33:25 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:33:25 [trackbot]
Date: 08 October 2008
11:39:24 [nessy]
nessy has joined #mediafrag
11:40:19 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
11:57:32 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
11:59:11 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
11:59:17 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
11:59:22 [raphael]
zakim, which telecon?
11:59:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
11:59:24 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
11:59:45 [davy]
zakim, aaaa is Erik
11:59:45 [Zakim]
+Erik; got it
12:00:13 [Zakim]
+??P2
12:00:16 [Zakim]
-Erik
12:00:17 [Zakim]
+Erik
12:01:47 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:02:06 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:02:44 [raphael]
trackbot, start telecon
12:02:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, raphael, I don't understand 'trackbot, start telecon'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
12:03:02 [raphael]
trackbot, start telcon
12:03:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:03:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
12:03:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM already started
12:03:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
12:03:07 [trackbot]
Date: 08 October 2008
12:03:19 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mediafrag
12:03:20 [thierry]
thierry has joined #mediafrag
12:03:22 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Oct/0040.html
12:03:32 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
12:03:38 [thierry]
zakim, mute me
12:03:38 [Zakim]
Thierry should now be muted
12:03:45 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Erik (5%), raphael (4%), Thierry (37%)
12:04:04 [raphael]
Chair: Erik
12:04:29 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
12:05:05 [raphael]
Present: Erik, Raphael, Yves, Thierry, Davy, Silvia, Michael
12:05:14 [raphael]
Regrets: Jack
12:05:27 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Michael_Hausenblas
12:06:23 [raphael]
Scribe: Michael
12:06:35 [raphael]
scribenick: mhausenblas
12:06:50 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
12:07:01 [mhausenblas]
Eric: Accept minutes?
12:07:04 [raphael]
+1 for accepting the minutes
12:07:31 [mhausenblas]
s/Eric/Erik
12:08:07 [mhausenblas]
Yves will take care of the Wiki issue right after call
12:08:17 [raphael]
RESOLVED: minutes from 2008/10/01 telecon accepted
12:08:19 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, mute me
12:08:19 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:08:36 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Issues
12:09:01 [raphael]
s/Issues/2. ISSUES
12:09:07 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues Issues
12:09:42 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I've structured the issue on the Wiki, most seem to concern all UC
12:10:07 [thierry]
zakim, unmute me
12:10:07 [Zakim]
Thierry should no longer be muted
12:11:43 [mhausenblas]
... temporal seem ok spatial is still open
12:12:33 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:12:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:12:36 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aabb
12:12:52 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is nessy
12:12:52 [Zakim]
+nessy; got it
12:13:02 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:14:15 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: temporally connected fragments?
12:14:23 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Video UC
12:15:58 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: multiple URIs is hard to deal with, though I see it is needed
12:16:25 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Thinking back of the interview, edited in two parts
12:16:25 [raphael]
Silvia points out the complexity of multi-fragment URIs
12:18:54 [raphael]
Given what Silvia suggests, I think this issue is related to the playlist UC
12:19:32 [nessy]
xspf = playlist format
12:20:08 [raphael]
The question boils to: can a multi-fragment URI be implemented as a playlist? is it the same thing?
12:21:10 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: follow up on F2F
12:21:30 [mhausenblas]
Erik: spatial fragment shape?
12:22:29 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Might be a matter of complexity, maybe in the second phase of the WG?
12:23:07 [raphael]
Silvia suggests to look at the image maps specification
12:23:20 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: will look into it
12:23:44 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape
12:23:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
12:24:10 [mhausenblas]
Erik: containers and substreams
12:24:51 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: From HTTP POV we're looking at resources
12:25:01 [mhausenblas]
... in the media POV a container
12:25:31 [raphael]
q+
12:25:36 [mhausenblas]
... however re RTSP the format the container
12:26:01 [mhausenblas]
... should focus on HTTP
12:26:08 [mhausenblas]
ack raphael
12:26:40 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Wouldn't is make sense to list all container formats we want to deal with?
12:27:34 [mhausenblas]
Davy: ack to support container formats
12:27:42 [raphael]
Is the Matroska (mkv) format relevant for example?
12:28:21 [Yves]
documenting what we investigated is good for other people to find out where we are coming from once we have a solution
12:28:31 [raphael]
+1 for documentation
12:28:34 [mhausenblas]
+1
12:28:43 [raphael]
q+
12:29:01 [mhausenblas]
ack raphael
12:29:10 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:29:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:30:02 [mhausenblas]
sorry, for whom?
12:30:29 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Davy and Erik to document container formats
12:30:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-3 - And Erik to document container formats [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2008-10-15].
12:30:59 [mhausenblas]
Erik: In-context / Out-of-context
12:33:02 [raphael]
The wiki section is badly phrased, should be rephrased
12:33:14 [Yves]
the difference between a fragment and a complete resource (which can be a part of something bigger), depends mostly on the way we identify the fragment
12:33:36 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mediafrag
12:34:32 [Zakim]
+ +030210772aacc
12:34:43 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is Vassilis
12:34:43 [Zakim]
+Vassilis; got it
12:35:10 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Representation and Implementation Issues
12:35:22 [mhausenblas]
Erik: URI Fragment / URI Query
12:36:23 [raphael]
thanks Silvia, most appreaciated you took this action
12:37:24 [Yves]
I would note that ';' is another separator that ca be useful here
12:38:09 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server
12:38:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-4 - Flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2008-10-15].
12:39:12 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:39:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:40:21 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Fragment Name and Description
12:40:43 [mhausenblas]
Raphael and Silvia agree on non-semantics of the labels
12:41:10 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Status of a Media Fragment
12:42:52 [raphael]
Problem with ? is that the query is a new resource, or at least no formal connexion between the fragment and the parent resource
12:42:59 [raphael]
q+
12:44:21 [raphael]
Yves, can you put on IRC the link of the draft you're talking about?
12:44:26 [raphael]
zakim, ack raphael
12:44:26 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:44:47 [Yves]
http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt
12:45:02 [nessy]
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt
12:45:22 [raphael]
Yves, would you like to take an action for checking the status of ';' in a URI?
12:45:53 [Yves]
sure
12:46:59 [raphael]
Silvia: ByteRanges has advantages (cachable, proxies, etc.) and I'm all for the '#' but 8 years ago, I found the limit of the hash URI
12:47:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Yves to check the status of ';' in a URI
12:47:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-5 - Check the status of ';' in a URI [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-10-15].
12:47:42 [raphael]
q?
12:49:15 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Protocols
12:49:22 [raphael]
Yves notes that defining a range unit as as easy as defining a new header
12:49:49 [raphael]
+1 for learning how RTSP fragments work
12:50:16 [mhausenblas]
Sivia: my in-line action here is well covered
12:50:27 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Server, Caches and Proxies
12:51:25 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: would be nice to find a generic way
12:51:34 [mhausenblas]
... however, seems not too realistic
12:52:14 [raphael]
Silvia: would propose to cover HTTP (+ HTTPs, FTP)
12:52:37 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 3. USE CASES
12:52:44 [raphael]
q+
12:53:03 [raphael]
zakim, ack me
12:53:03 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:53:22 [mhausenblas]
Erik: going through UCs
12:53:36 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, unmute me
12:53:36 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:53:43 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, unmute Michael_Hausenblas
12:53:43 [Zakim]
Michael_Hausenblas should no longer be muted
12:54:53 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: working on the Map and Multi Resolution UC
12:55:11 [mhausenblas]
... zoomify providing input
12:55:55 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4. STATE OF THE ART
12:56:20 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art
12:56:47 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5. AOB
12:57:07 [mhausenblas]
Erik: put logistics and agenda for second F2F in Gent are online
12:57:12 [raphael]
Logisitics page: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic
12:57:56 [raphael]
IMPORTANT: book your hotel before Nov 8th for getting the discount !!!
12:57:57 [nessy]
+q
12:58:06 [mhausenblas]
ack nessy
12:58:22 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: file upload enabled?
12:58:58 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:58:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:59:09 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Thanks to all - see you next week
12:59:14 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
12:59:15 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
12:59:17 [Zakim]
-raphael
12:59:17 [Zakim]
-Yves
12:59:19 [Zakim]
-nessy
12:59:20 [Zakim]
-Erik
12:59:22 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
12:59:28 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list attendees
12:59:28 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +0329331aaaa, Erik, raphael, Yves, Thierry, Michael_Hausenblas, +61.2.801.2.aabb, nessy, +030210772aacc, Vassilis
12:59:38 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, bye
12:59:38 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +0329331aaaa, Erik, raphael, Yves, Thierry, Michael_Hausenblas, +61.2.801.2.aabb, nessy, +030210772aacc, Vassilis
12:59:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
12:59:44 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape [1]
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc#T12-23-44
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Davy and Erik to document container formats [2]
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc#T12-30-29
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [3]
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc#T12-38-09
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to check the status of ';' in a URI [4]
12:59:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-irc#T12-47-40