IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:44:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
13:44:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-xmlsec-irc
13:44:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs member
13:44:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
13:44:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:44:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
13:44:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: XML Security Working Group Teleconference
13:44:24 [trackbot]
Date: 07 October 2008
13:44:48 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:45:37 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0009.html
13:45:44 [fjh]
Regrets: Scott Cantor
13:54:31 [fjh]
Regrets: Scott Cantor, John Wray
13:54:40 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
13:55:02 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:55:03 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has not yet started, fjh
13:55:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
13:55:30 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has now started
13:55:32 [smullan]
smullan has joined #xmlsec
13:55:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.401.aaaa
13:56:09 [fjh]
zakim, what is the code?
13:56:09 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), fjh
13:56:19 [brich]
zakim, aaaa is brich
13:56:19 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
13:56:19 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
13:56:31 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
13:56:47 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:56:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch
13:56:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
13:57:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.876.aabb
13:57:30 [smullan]
zakim, aabb is smullan
13:57:30 [Zakim]
+smullan; got it
13:57:31 [tlr]
frederick, I might be 5-10min late
13:57:33 [tlr]
need to get something done between the calls
13:57:50 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:58:12 [fjh]
zakim, P14 is gerald
13:58:14 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'P14'
13:58:22 [fjh]
zakim, ??P14 is gerald
13:58:22 [Zakim]
+gerald; got it
13:58:30 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:58:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald
13:58:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
13:58:34 [CGI624]
CGI624 has joined #xmlsec
13:59:32 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
14:00:01 [CGI624]
help
14:00:05 [fjh]
zakim, CGI624 is gerald
14:00:06 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'CGI624'
14:00:09 [magnus]
magnus has joined #xmlsec
14:00:26 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:00:29 [csolc]
csolc has joined #xmlsec
14:00:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.229.aacc
14:00:41 [CGI080]
CGI080 has joined #xmlsec
14:00:49 [fjh]
zakim, ??P18 is rdmiller
14:00:49 [Zakim]
+rdmiller; got it
14:01:05 [CGI080]
Zakim: CGI080 is Gerald
14:01:29 [Norm]
Norm has joined #xmlsec
14:01:33 [CGI080]
zakim, CGI080 is Gerald
14:01:33 [Zakim]
sorry, CGI080, I do not recognize a party named 'CGI080'
14:01:36 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
14:01:42 [jcruella]
jcruella has joined #xmlsec
14:01:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.879.aadd
14:01:56 [Zakim]
+ +5aaee
14:02:06 [csolc]
zakim, +5aaee is csolc
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+csolc; got it
14:02:16 [fjh]
zakim, aadd is magnus
14:02:23 [bhill]
bhill has joined #xmlsec
14:02:29 [Zakim]
+magnus; got it
14:02:51 [Zakim]
+Norm
14:02:54 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
14:02:59 [Zakim]
+??P3
14:03:00 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
14:03:12 [CGI080]
zakim, who is here
14:03:16 [Zakim]
CGI080, you need to end that query with '?'
14:03:26 [CGI080]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:35 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:03:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, +1.303.229.aacc, magnus, csolc, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, ??P3, ??P9
14:03:41 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
14:03:51 [jcruella]
zakim, jcruella is myhandle
14:03:54 [bhill]
zakim aacc is bhill
14:03:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, +1.303.229.aacc, magnus, csolc, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, ??P3, ??P9
14:03:55 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
14:03:58 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
14:04:14 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
14:04:16 [Zakim]
+Thomas
14:04:19 [tlr]
zakim, mute ??P3
14:04:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, magnus, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
14:04:24 [tlr]
klanz, say something
14:04:27 [Zakim]
sorry, jcruella, I do not recognize a party named 'jcruella'
14:04:31 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:31 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
14:04:35 [tlr]
zakim, ??P3 is klanz
14:04:35 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
14:04:50 [tlr]
zakim, ??P3 is gerald
14:04:53 [tlr]
zakim, unmute ??P3
14:04:54 [CGI080]
Scribe: Gerald Edgar
14:04:58 [Zakim]
??P3 should now be muted
14:05:04 [fjh]
TOPIC: XProc discussion with Norm Walsh
14:05:06 [tlr]
ScribeNick: CGI080
14:05:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, +1.303.229.aacc, magnus, csolc, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, ??P3 (muted), ??P9, Thomas (muted)
14:05:11 [jcruella]
zakim, ??P4 is jcruella
14:05:12 [Zakim]
+klanz; got it
14:05:20 [CGI080]
Zakim, who is here?
14:05:21 [Zakim]
I already had ??P3 as klanz, tlr
14:05:23 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not know which phone connection belongs to ??P3
14:05:33 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
14:05:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, magnus, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
14:05:43 [Zakim]
I already had ??P4 as Norm, jcruella
14:05:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, +1.303.229.aacc, magnus, csolc, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, klanz (muted), ??P9, Thomas (muted), [Oracle]
14:05:52 [CGI080]
Norm Walsh - XML processing group
14:05:52 [pdatta]
zakim, Oracle is pdatta
14:06:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, magnus, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
14:06:03 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
14:06:25 [bal]
bal has joined #xmlsec
14:07:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.726.aaff
14:07:02 [CGI080]
what is the impliucation of XML processing on encryption.
14:07:56 [CGI080]
xml processing there were aspects of security, but that was taken out. the recognition of the need was the propt to contact this (the XMLSEC) gorup.
14:08:33 [CGI080]
with XML processing, there are various operations in various orders.
14:08:45 [brich]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/
14:10:12 [CGI080]
the goal is ot produce a language that enables people to define a sequences of preocesses. composing processes from other proccesses.
14:10:36 [bhill]
zakim, aacc is bhill
14:10:36 [Zakim]
+bhill; got it
14:11:30 [CGI080]
there are various steps available
14:11:54 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:11:57 [CGI080]
(examples of steps given)
14:11:59 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
14:11:59 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
14:12:01 [Zakim]
+Thomas
14:12:02 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
14:12:02 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
14:12:17 [CGI080]
Zakim, I am Gerald
14:12:17 [Zakim]
ok, CGI080, I now associate you with gerald
14:12:39 [klanz2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#c.compare
14:12:54 [jcruella]
zakim, ??P9 is jcruella
14:12:54 [Zakim]
+jcruella; got it
14:13:01 [CGI080]
(discussion on parallel operations)
14:13:04 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
14:14:33 [CGI080]
a reference process model for xml signatures, to process a document , this is perhaps similar to an xproc pipeline.
14:15:40 [kyiu]
kyiu has joined #xmlsec
14:15:56 [kyiu]
zakim, who is here?
14:15:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, bhill, magnus, csolc, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, klanz (muted), jcruella, Thomas, pdatta, bal (muted), [Microsoft]
14:15:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kyiu, bal, hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, magnus, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
14:16:10 [CGI080]
(discussion on transformation and processing)
14:17:03 [klanz2]
XMLDSig Transfroms chains defines that Inputs and outputs are either, node-set data or octet streams, beside that interoperability is the limit and that's a rather hard limit ...
14:18:14 [CGI080]
Xproc has an extensability model. example of RDF where they can define the required steps
14:19:01 [CGI080]
a security extention defining the steps for security could be done
14:19:46 [CGI080]
2 kinds of steps - atomic e.g. XSLT and compound, consistanting of other steps.
14:20:19 [CGI080]
enquption and decryption could be deinfed as compound steps.
14:20:35 [CGI080]
s/enquption/encryption/
14:21:14 [CGI080]
the XPROC courl at first saw security as atomic steps, but perhaps they were more complex
14:21:28 [CGI080]
s/courl/group/
14:22:19 [CGI080]
is it that people adopting xproc would have to redo their processes?
14:23:38 [CGI080]
Is there open-source available?
14:23:39 [tlr]
q?
14:23:50 [CGI080]
yes - e.g. "calabash"
14:23:57 [klanz2]
http://xmlcalabash.com/
14:24:10 [CGI080]
they are attempting to make this "steamable"
14:24:50 [CGI080]
there is no requirement for streamable. but a lot of the steps can steam.
14:24:52 [tlr]
zakim, who is muted?
14:24:52 [Zakim]
I see klanz, bal muted
14:24:56 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
14:24:56 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
14:25:00 [CGI080]
Xpath as a performance issue.
14:25:34 [CGI080]
there is flexability to use XPath 1 or XPath 2
14:26:27 [CGI080]
most of the actions people use can use xpath 1 or xpath 2
14:26:31 [klanz2]
q+
14:26:43 [fjh]
ack klanz
14:27:12 [CGI080]
is there a requirement for fidelity or "rountripping" mode?
14:27:23 [CGI080]
what flows in the pipeline are infosets.
14:27:41 [CGI080]
rather than a sequence of byes.
14:27:52 [CGI080]
s/byes/bytes/
14:28:10 [fjh]
norm notes c14n would be serialization step, end of pipeline
14:28:32 [CGI080]
the only step requiring the input and the out being the same is the identity step.
14:29:26 [fjh]
norm notes implementation defined what done with document before handed to piipeline
14:29:56 [CGI080]
schma validation is a step that might be done before handing the infoset to the pipeline.
14:30:40 [fjh]
norm notes XPath serialization
14:31:15 [CGI080]
all the steps have serialization options.
14:32:44 [CGI080]
providing security steps to XProc will also entail specifying the required security options
14:33:12 [CGI080]
what is the difficulty for programmers to use this?
14:33:18 [klanz2]
<klanz2> Just, FYI ...
14:33:18 [klanz2]
<klanz2> ... then the additional serialization parameters MAY affect
14:33:18 [klanz2]
the output of the serializer to the extent (but only to the extent)
14:33:18 [klanz2]
that this specification leaves the output implementation-defined or
14:33:18 [klanz2]
implementation-dependent. ...
14:33:30 [klanz2]
from our last minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0065.html
14:33:33 [CGI080]
will people learn to glue the primatives together?
14:34:26 [CGI080]
to use a pipeline rather than using a library. to make this as easy as an XSLT sylesheet
14:34:57 [CGI080]
the goal is to specify a standard XProc pipeline
14:37:50 [klanz2]
q+
14:38:10 [CGI080]
[norm] his view is that security is composed of compud steps.
14:38:28 [CGI080]
s/compud/compund/
14:38:40 [fjh]
norm notes may want compound step plus primatives
14:38:42 [fjh]
ack klanz
14:38:48 [hal]
q+
14:38:58 [CGI080]
[Konrad] is there a notion of payload?
14:40:34 [fjh]
norm notes, no protection from inherited namespace
14:40:44 [CGI080]
Norm: there is a notion of a payload - such as in an enclosed document
14:41:47 [CGI080]
Norm: there is work to define the security steps.
14:42:31 [CGI080]
Norm: he is willing to work with us on defining the steps.
14:42:40 [klanz2]
q?
14:42:43 [tlr]
q?
14:42:45 [fjh]
ack hal
14:43:14 [CGI080]
Hal: a notion of sending Xproc with a document.
14:43:20 [klanz2]
XProc is Code, good point Hal ...
14:43:27 [CGI080]
Norm: this is posable,
14:43:42 [CGI080]
Hal: this is a potential security hole.
14:43:42 [fjh]
norm notes security in 2.12, can send xproc with data
14:44:20 [CGI080]
Norm: there is not a notion of signing an XProc
14:45:02 [fjh]
norm notes have tried to keep core as small number of steps, 31, spec notes how to connect them
14:45:04 [CGI080]
Norm: they tried to minimize the basic steps (to 31)
14:45:05 [fjh]
q?
14:45:41 [CGI080]
Norm: defining security in terms of Xproc, he does not see a problem wiht that.
14:45:59 [CGI080]
s/wiht/with/
14:46:51 [CGI080]
Norm: to define security - it is reasonable to use signed xproc. the pipeline is an XML document, it too can be signed.
14:48:10 [CGI080]
Norm: if we define security within XProc, he thinks this would be accepted.
14:48:11 [brich]
+1 on additional time at F2F with Norm
14:48:47 [CGI080]
fjh: this would be a good idea to meet with XProc. Perhaps an hour to talk of this.
14:50:06 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
14:50:06 [CGI080]
Action: fjh to sceduale time with XProc group for security
14:50:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - Sceduale time with XProc group for security [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-10-14].
14:50:07 [Zakim]
-Norm
14:50:27 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
14:50:56 [CGI080]
TOPIC: meeting planning
14:51:21 [CGI080]
fjh: no meeting next week
14:51:37 [CGI080]
review the agenda for the F2F
14:51:41 [fjh]
draft f2f agenda - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0067.html
14:52:12 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html
14:52:20 [CGI080]
fjh: do we need to cancel any meetings?
14:52:58 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
14:52:58 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
14:53:00 [CGI080]
meet after the F2F? on the 4th, and 11th. Cancel the 25th of November. (thanksgiving in the US)
14:53:33 [CGI080]
fjh: propose to cancel the 25
14:53:47 [CGI080]
resolution, Cancel the meeting on the 25th of November
14:54:01 [tlr]
my regrets for both of these
14:55:22 [CGI080]
tlr: we will have 8 calls before year-end to get the deliverables out.
14:55:28 [tlr]
s/tlr/fjh/
14:56:03 [CGI080]
resolution: Cancel the meetings on the 25th November
14:56:17 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: Cancel the meetings on the 25th November
14:56:35 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: Cancel the meetings on the 30th of December 2008.
14:56:52 [magnus]
Apologies, but I need to leave for another call now.
14:56:57 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Minutes Approval
14:57:06 [Zakim]
-magnus
14:57:12 [CGI080]
tlr: minor changes,
14:57:18 [tlr]
s/tlr/fjh/
14:57:35 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: the minutes form the 23rd of September are approved.
14:57:48 [CGI080]
Topic: Liason
14:58:21 [CGI080]
fjh: meetings firmed up at the face to face
14:58:55 [CGI080]
There are pointers to materials in the agenda.
14:59:08 [fjh]
webapps http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0076.html
15:00:00 [CGI080]
Pratik: xpath working group.
15:00:04 [tlr]
Michael Kay was with XSL
15:00:11 [tlr]
s/was/is/
15:01:34 [CGI080]
tlr: face to face planning. we need to have an adea of what we want to do
15:01:47 [tlr]
s/tlr/fjh/
15:01:47 [CGI080]
TOPIC: meeting planning
15:02:13 [CGI080]
we meet in January, the next might be in May.
15:02:46 [tlr]
2-6 November, Santa Clara
15:02:52 [CGI080]
The next Plenery is November 2-6 November
15:03:37 [jcruella]
May should be OK
15:03:45 [jcruella]
UPC could host if you want
15:03:53 [CGI080]
may is good for me too.
15:05:05 [CGI080]
it is not possable for me to know if I will be able to travel to europe next year
15:05:45 [CGI080]
meeting at the plenery - one more meeting to plan.
15:06:02 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:06:04 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
15:06:08 [CGI080]
Santa CLara in January,
15:06:14 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Best practices
15:06:35 [CGI080]
tlr: the document has been edited.
15:06:48 [tlr]
s/anta CLara in January,/Redwood City in January, Santa Clara in November/
15:06:53 [tlr]
s/tlr:/fjh:/
15:07:05 [CGI080]
zakim, who is here?
15:07:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, bhill, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, klanz, jcruella, Thomas (muted), pdatta, bal (muted), [Microsoft]
15:07:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kyiu, bal, hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
15:08:20 [fjh]
proposal 1 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0068.html
15:09:04 [CGI080]
Review this to address issue 55 to change "should" to "it is recommended"
15:09:10 [bal]
zakim, unmute me
15:09:10 [Zakim]
bal should no longer be muted
15:09:39 [CGI080]
there is a need to review the document carefully.
15:09:47 [jcruella]
+q
15:10:19 [CGI080]
tlr: to review and approve the document so we can publish it.
15:10:20 [fjh]
ack jcruella
15:10:26 [tlr]
s/tlr/fjh/
15:10:41 [CGI080]
... sorry..
15:13:51 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: The proposal for Issue-55 is accepted
15:13:52 [klanz2]
Not here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Oct/ and not here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/
15:13:52 [klanz2]
JCC: maybe post again your comments to the list ...
15:14:57 [fjh]
proposal 2 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0069.html
15:15:12 [CGI080]
FJH: issue -53 to reword the best practice - proposal 2
15:15:30 [jcruella]
I had sent the message to another list...apologies.. I have now sent the message to the public list.
15:15:59 [CGI080]
This would close Action 72
15:16:27 [fjh]
proposal 3 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0070.html
15:16:37 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: to accept the proposal for issue-55
15:16:54 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: to accept the proposal for issue-53
15:17:49 [bal]
(sorry, i have to drop for a couple minutes, back shortly...)
15:17:55 [Zakim]
-bal
15:18:00 [CGI080]
(discussion on table of contents)
15:19:11 [CGI080]
fjh: accept the proposal to update the titles
15:19:13 [Zakim]
-jcruella
15:19:36 [fjh]
proposal 4 - ISSUE-56 Add references for timestamping proposal
15:19:39 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: To accept the proposal to update the titles of the sections
15:19:45 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0071.html
15:20:03 [jcruella]
sorry... was dropped of the call....call back in few seconds
15:21:09 [fjh]
xades
15:21:15 [Zakim]
+bal
15:21:40 [CGI080]
fjh: To add the references to xades in the best practices
15:22:08 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:22:13 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: To add the references to xades in the best practices
15:22:20 [jcruella]
zakim, ??P27 is jcruella
15:22:20 [Zakim]
+jcruella; got it
15:22:20 [fjh]
proposal 5 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0008.html
15:22:31 [tlr]
ACTION-70?
15:22:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-70 -- Thomas Roessler to propose disclaimer for SOTD -- due 2008-09-30 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:22:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/70
15:22:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:22:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, bhill, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, klanz, Thomas (muted), pdatta, [Microsoft], bal (muted), jcruella
15:22:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kyiu, bal, hal, bhill, jcruella, pdatta, Norm, CGI080, csolc, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
15:22:39 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
15:22:39 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
15:23:42 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:23:42 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
15:23:56 [klanz2]
"XAdES_v1.3.2" "http://webapp.etsi.org/workprogram/Report_WorkItem.asp?WKI_ID=21353" XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES). ETSI TS 101 903 V1.3.2 (2006-03) -> Talks about Timestamps for long term signatures ...
15:24:00 [CGI080]
Thomas: The wording that should be that the best practices are not normative. It is not a recommmendation.
15:24:22 [tlr]
ACTION-70 closed
15:24:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-70 Propose disclaimer for SOTD closed
15:25:03 [CGI080]
RESoLUTION: Accept the proposal from Action-70 from Thomas
15:25:17 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: Accept the proposal from Action-70 from Thomas
15:25:18 [jcruella]
XAdES: the reference should include the complete title... could you put an action on me for providing it?
15:26:08 [fjh]
additional item from Bruce - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0012.html
15:26:40 [CGI080]
ACTION: jcruella to provide the complete title of XAdES for the best practices reference
15:26:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-76 - Provide the complete title of XAdES for the best practices reference [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2008-10-14].
15:26:48 [Norm]
Norm has left #xmlsec
15:27:48 [fjh]
pratik notes that example was deliberate
15:29:13 [CGI080]
Pratik: to address "E2" to update the document and accept changes raised in terms of the corrections
15:29:46 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: to accept the corrections from Bruce
15:30:24 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: TO accept changes raised in terms of the corrections.
15:30:50 [tlr]
back
15:32:27 [CGI080]
ACTION: Thomas to deal with the titling
15:32:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-77 - Deal with the titling [on Thomas Roessler - due 2008-10-14].
15:33:46 [tlr]
action-77?
15:33:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-77 -- Thomas Roessler to deal with the titling -- due 2008-10-14 -- OPEN
15:33:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/77
15:33:51 [CGI080]
ACTION: Pratik will add the time stamp reference to the best practices
15:33:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-78 - Will add the time stamp reference to the best practices [on Pratik Datta - due 2008-10-14].
15:35:09 [CGI080]
ACTION: fjh to address Action-53, Action-55 and action-70
15:35:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-79 - Address Action-53, Action-55 and action-70 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-10-14].
15:35:51 [jcruella]
jcruella has joined #xmlsec
15:36:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:36:45 [Zakim]
fjh, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: jcruella (76%), pdatta (28%)
15:36:54 [fjh]
jcc notes best practice 1 and 3
15:37:06 [CGI080]
Juan Carlos: Best practice 1 and 3 to subsitiute terms
15:37:25 [CGI080]
s/subsitiute/substitute/
15:37:38 [jcruella]
Best Practice 1: Mitigate denial of service attacks by executing potentially dangerous operations only after authenticating the signature.
15:38:01 [fjh]
jcc notes text talks about building trust
15:38:06 [jcruella]
Best Practice 3: Establish trust in the verification/validation key.
15:38:08 [CGI080]
jcruella: a need to extablish trust
15:38:24 [fjh]
jcc notes duplication
15:38:54 [fjh]
jcc suggestion changing title of bp #1 only after estabishing trust in the key
15:39:06 [jcruella]
Best Practice 1: Mitigate denial of service attacks by executing potentially dangerous operations only after establishing trust in the verification/validation key
15:39:19 [jcruella]
and eliminate best practice 3.
15:40:24 [jcruella]
Step 1 fetch the verification key and establish trust in that key
15:40:39 [CGI080]
fjh: edit the document that we can look at a complete draft rather than scattered proposals and fragments.
15:40:43 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-bestpractices/
15:43:09 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Web App
15:43:10 [fjh]
WebApps SHA-1 Algorithm
15:43:22 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0077.html
15:43:51 [CGI080]
take a look at the message on the mailing list - profiling on SHA-1
15:44:07 [CGI080]
Topic: V.Next
15:44:19 [CGI080]
TOPIC: V.Next
15:44:19 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0000.html
15:44:21 [klanz2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0000.html
15:44:46 [fjh]
rovide proposal on list regarding transform primitives
15:45:28 [fjh]
konrad suggests having simple transforms that can be implemented in parallel
15:46:06 [fjh]
konrad suggests they be idempotent
15:46:19 [CGI080]
Konrad: a collection of simple transforms potentially to be executred in parrallel
15:47:52 [CGI080]
is this like steps in xproc? no, there are differences.
15:48:46 [CGI080]
Konrad:L XPROC is much powerful than we need for signatures
15:49:32 [CGI080]
Konrad: he is seeking simplification
15:49:55 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Conicalization Errata
15:49:59 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0003.html
15:50:18 [tlr]
ack thomas
15:51:33 [CGI080]
what happens if an XML docuemnt incloudes a references to an XML name space and its effects on cononicalization
15:52:28 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
15:52:28 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
15:52:35 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
15:52:35 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
15:53:38 [CGI080]
Konrad: problems with a data model underneath c14n with xpath
15:54:02 [fjh]
Hoylen
15:54:07 [tlr]
ACTION: konrad to propose answer to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0003.html
15:54:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-80 - Propose answer to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0003.html [on Konrad Lanz - due 2008-10-14].
15:54:30 [CGI080]
ACTION: klanz2 to provide an answer from hoylen
15:54:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-81 - Provide an answer from hoylen [on Konrad Lanz - due 2008-10-14].
15:54:42 [tlr]
topic: Actions pending review
15:54:43 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Pending actions
15:55:30 [CGI080]
RESOLUTION: that all pending actions are close
15:55:53 [tlr]
ACTION-4 closed
15:55:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 Arrange joint F2F meetings closed
15:55:55 [tlr]
ACTION-19 closed
15:55:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-19 Evaluate Issues and Actions for appropriate placement closed
15:55:56 [klanz2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n.html#ProcessingModel
15:55:56 [klanz2]
To finish processing L, simply process every namespace node in L, except omit namespace node with local name xml, which defines the xml prefix, if its string value is http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.
15:55:58 [tlr]
ACTION-65 closed
15:55:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-65 Document use case and semantics of byte-range signatures. closed
15:56:00 [CGI080]
TOPIC: Other business
15:56:02 [tlr]
ACTION-67 closed
15:56:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-67 Edit best practices to implement Scott's and his own changes; see http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-20-33 closed
15:56:07 [tlr]
ACTION-68 closed
15:56:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-68 Implement http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-25-06, http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-24-47 closed
15:56:09 [tlr]
ACTION-72 closed
15:56:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-72 Contribute synopsis for each best practice closed
15:56:17 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:56:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see brich, Frederick_Hirsch, smullan, gerald, rdmiller, bhill, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, klanz, Thomas, pdatta, [Microsoft], bal (muted), jcruella
15:56:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jcruella, kyiu, bal, hal, bhill, pdatta, CGI080, csolc, tlr, smullan, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
15:57:36 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
15:57:36 [Zakim]
Thomas was not muted, tlr
15:58:36 [Zakim]
-rdmiller
15:58:38 [Zakim]
-smullan
15:58:42 [Zakim]
-bal
15:58:45 [Zakim]
-jcruella
15:58:46 [pdatta]
pdatta has left #xmlsec
15:58:47 [Zakim]
-csolc
15:58:50 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
15:58:51 [Zakim]
-brich
15:58:52 [Zakim]
-pdatta
15:58:53 [Zakim]
-bhill
15:58:54 [Zakim]
-Thomas
15:58:56 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
15:58:57 [Zakim]
-klanz
15:59:11 [fjh]
Zakim, list participants
15:59:11 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.512.401.aaaa, brich, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.617.876.aabb, smullan, gerald, +1.303.229.aacc, rdmiller, +1.650.879.aadd, csolc, magnus,
15:59:15 [Zakim]
... Norm, Hal_Lockhart, Thomas, klanz, pdatta, +1.206.726.aaff, bal, bhill, jcruella, [Microsoft]
15:59:25 [fjh]
Regrets+ Shivaram Mysore
15:59:36 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:59:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
16:00:29 [fjh]
zakim,who is here?
16:00:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, gerald
16:00:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jcruella, kyiu, CGI080, tlr, brich, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, klanz2, trackbot
16:01:03 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-xmlsec-minutes.html
16:01:33 [Zakim]
-gerald
16:01:35 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
16:01:36 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has ended
16:01:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.401.aaaa, brich, Frederick_Hirsch, +1.617.876.aabb, smullan, gerald, +1.303.229.aacc, rdmiller, +1.650.879.aadd, csolc, magnus, Norm, Hal_Lockhart, Thomas,
16:01:39 [Zakim]
... klanz, pdatta, +1.206.726.aaff, bal, bhill, jcruella, [Microsoft]