IRC log of mwts on 2008-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:50:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:50:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc
14:50:32 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:50:32 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:50:32 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
14:50:32 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
14:50:41 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Oct/0002.html
14:50:43 [dom]
Chair: Dom
15:00:34 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:00:34 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:01:00 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:01:07 [Zakim]
+??P25
15:01:10 [dom]
zakim, ??P25 is me
15:01:10 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +47.24.16.aaaa
15:01:31 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:01:44 [dom]
zakim, ??P30 is Kai
15:01:44 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:02:44 [dom]
Topic: Performance test
15:02:50 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to blog about performance tests and mobile [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
15:02:50 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/blog/MWITeam/2008/10/06/performance_tests_and_mobile_browsers MWI Blog on "Performance tests and mobile browsers"
15:03:18 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to run the performances test on a few devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-mwts-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]
15:03:18 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Sep/0022.html Wilhelm's finding on performances test
15:03:31 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to run the performances test on a few devices and report back to the list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
15:03:31 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/b24851260809220721v36ea715dy4547731917e6a768@mail.gmail.com Kai's findings on performance test
15:04:23 [Zakim]
+??P37
15:04:29 [dom]
zakim, ??P37 is Dmitri
15:04:40 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
15:04:49 [dom]
Dom: so, where do we go based on this sorry state of support for performances test on mobile devices?
15:04:50 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
15:04:55 [dmitri_silaev]
dmitri_silaev has joined #mwts
15:05:08 [dom]
Kai: we could compile a list of platforms which do well vs those that don't
15:05:16 [hendry]
http://flickr.com/photos/hendry/2894931307
15:05:22 [dom]
... I think we should draw attention to the Web compatibility test for mobile browser
15:05:36 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
15:06:12 [dom]
... I've been thinking about modifying some of the sunspiders test to have them skip tests that obviously failed
15:06:35 [dom]
dom: sounds promising
15:07:02 [dom]
Wilhelm: I think the coming generation of mobile browsers will be able to run these tests without any help from us
15:07:09 [dom]
... not sure we need to spend much time on this
15:07:15 [hendry]
http://static.webvm.net/js/frame-message.html # tests for error
15:07:44 [dom]
Kai: agree with Kai; I like the performance tests because they give an idea of the speed of the device
15:07:57 [dom]
... and measure how far they are behind the desktops UAs
15:08:52 [dom]
RESOLVED: we're not going to invest more time on performance testing for the time being
15:09:01 [dom]
Topic: Device Independent Testing Guidelines
15:09:09 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to start a draft of guidelines on writing device independent test cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
15:09:09 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Sep/att-0020/Guidelines_for_Writing_Moibile_Tests.html Carmelo's draft
15:09:47 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review DI testing guielines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
15:09:47 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/op.uiapzhkjm3w6te@kugalskapet Wilhelm's comments on DI testing guidelines
15:10:03 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review DI testing guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING]
15:10:32 [dom]
Wilhelm: would like to have it in CVS for shared work
15:11:00 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to put the document in CVSV
15:12:01 [dom]
Wilhelm: [summarizing comments]
15:13:19 [dom]
Topic: Cookies test suite
15:13:45 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING]
15:14:03 [dom]
Wilhelm: just need to release them; probably going to happen in the next 2 weeks
15:14:16 [dom]
... there will be cookies, but a much broader package
15:14:25 [dom]
Topic: Widget test suite
15:15:03 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to come back with a plan for helping test widgets specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]
15:15:24 [dom]
Carmelo: this will be discussed during the WebApps WG F2F in Cannes
15:15:43 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to send details about meeting in WebApps WG F2F re testing
15:15:59 [dom]
Topic: Plugin test
15:16:14 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look closer at the plugin support test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action10] [PENDING]
15:16:35 [dom]
Kai: we also have a basic ActiveX test now
15:17:52 [dom]
... Does Opera has any extension system?
15:17:56 [dom]
Wilhelm: nope
15:18:28 [dom]
Topic: DOM3 testing
15:18:35 [dom]
Carmelo: the DOM3 group of the web applications wg is very interested in using our harness for DOM3 events
15:19:20 [dom]
Dom: they're welcomed to, if the harness fit their needs
15:19:36 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobile-test-harness/ Mobile Test Harness code
15:19:58 [Zakim]
-Dmitri
15:19:59 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
15:19:59 [Zakim]
-dom
15:19:59 [Zakim]
-Kai
15:20:01 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
15:20:01 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:20:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were dom, +47.24.16.aaaa, Wilhelm, Kai, Dmitri, Carmelo
15:20:04 [dom]
zakim, bye
15:20:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
15:20:19 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:20:25 [dom]
RRSagent, draft minutes
15:20:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:20:55 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-actions.rdf :
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to blog about performance tests and mobile [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE] [1]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-02-50
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to run the performances test on a few devices [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-mwts-minutes.html#action03] [DONE] [2]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-03-18
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to run the performances test on a few devices and report back to the list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/09-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE] [3]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-03-31
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to start a draft of guidelines on writing device independent test cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [DONE] [4]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-09-09
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to review DI testing guielines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE] [5]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-09-47
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review DI testing guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING] [6]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-10-03
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to put the document in CVSV [7]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-11-00
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [PENDING] [8]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-13-45
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to come back with a plan for helping test widgets specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action09] [DONE] [9]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-15-03
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to send details about meeting in WebApps WG F2F re testing [10]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-15-43
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look closer at the plugin support test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-mwts-minutes.html#action10] [PENDING] [11]
15:20:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mwts-irc#T15-16-14