IRC log of mediaann on 2008-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:47:58 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:47:58 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-irc
12:48:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediaann
12:48:55 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
12:49:47 [wbailer]
Scribe: wbailer
12:50:05 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
12:50:08 [wbailer]
Meeting: Media Annotations WG
12:50:32 [wbailer]
Zakim, this will be IA_MAWG
12:50:32 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()9:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
12:50:56 [spark3]
Hi Werner, thanks to take a minutes today
12:51:21 [fsasaki]
chair: Daniel
12:51:22 [wbailer]
hi all
12:51:23 [spark3]
Hi Felix,
12:51:24 [fsasaki]
scribe: Werner
12:51:28 [fsasaki]
scribeNick: wbailer
12:51:47 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Oct/0017.html
12:52:03 [wbailer]
\me thanks!
12:54:49 [wbailer]
Regrets: Tobias, Erik
12:55:22 [VeroniqueM]
VeroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:56:21 [davy]
davy has joined #mediaann
12:56:57 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediaann
12:57:22 [spark3]
hi
12:57:40 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()9:00AM has now started
12:57:48 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aaaa
12:57:53 [Zakim]
+ +329331aabb
12:57:56 [Zakim]
- +43.316.876.aaaa
12:57:56 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aaaa
12:57:56 [Zakim]
+Felix
12:58:48 [Zakim]
+[VrijeUni]
12:59:05 [wbailer]
Zakim, aaaa is wbailer
12:59:05 [Zakim]
sorry, wbailer, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
12:59:46 [VeroniqueM]
Zakim, [VrijeUni] is me
12:59:46 [Zakim]
sorry, VeroniqueM, I do not recognize a party named '[VrijeUni]'
13:00:56 [Zakim]
+??P6
13:01:10 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:01:19 [raphael]
zakim, ??P5 is me
13:01:19 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
13:01:53 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:02:00 [Zakim]
+Thierry
13:02:40 [thierry]
I know my phone is noisy
13:02:43 [spark3]
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html
13:02:49 [wbailer]
Topic: approval of previous minutes
13:03:09 [raphael]
+1 for accepting the minutes
13:04:04 [wbailer]
Thierry: self introduction
13:04:28 [wbailer]
Thierry will be alternate staff contact
13:04:56 [raphael]
Thierry is alternate team contact for the Media Frag WG too
13:05:12 [wbailer]
topic: next scribe
13:05:20 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mediaann
13:05:55 [Zakim]
+[IVML]
13:06:01 [vassilis]
I am connecting now
13:06:39 [wbailer]
topic: future telecon / f2f
13:07:29 [wbailer]
f2f at tpac: 23-24 Oct
13:07:30 [raphael]
it is a wrong copy paste from the Media Frag WG :-)
13:07:46 [raphael]
correct dates for this WG is indeed: 23-24/10
13:07:53 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mediaann
13:07:57 [wbailer]
2nd f2f 9-10 dec
13:08:09 [fsasaki]
I take responsibility for this ;)
13:08:41 [wbailer]
next telecon: 14. October, 21:00 UTC
13:09:33 [wbailer]
felix and daniel will make draft of agenda for f2f available until next week
13:10:15 [wbailer]
daniel: joint meeting with media fragments?
13:10:28 [raphael]
Q+
13:10:33 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
13:10:33 [Zakim]
raphael should no longer be muted
13:10:34 [wbailer]
topic: action items
13:11:20 [wbailer]
raphael: possible to attend both WGs f2f meetings at tpac
13:11:29 [Zakim]
-Veronique
13:11:31 [raphael]
zakim, unmute me
13:11:31 [Zakim]
raphael was not muted, raphael
13:11:39 [fsasaki]
+1 to raphael
13:12:18 [wbailer]
ACTION: Check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically
13:12:18 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Check
13:12:40 [wbailer]
action-6 continues
13:12:54 [wbailer]
ACTION-7 done
13:13:21 [wbailer]
ACTION-9 done
13:13:45 [wbailer]
ACTION-10 closed
13:13:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 Will work on 6084 and 6086 closed
13:14:05 [wbailer]
ACTION-11 closed
13:14:05 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-7
13:14:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 Create information in wiki about 6067 closed
13:14:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-7 Describe mobile aspects to use cases closed
13:14:14 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-8
13:14:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-8 Put XG use cases into wiki closed
13:14:24 [wbailer]
ACTION-12 closed
13:14:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-12 (placeholder for dave) to elaborate 6066 closed
13:14:29 [wbailer]
ACTION-13 closed
13:14:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 (placeholder for dave) to work on 6113 closed
13:15:06 [wbailer]
topic: editing
13:16:08 [wbailer]
daniel: still looking for volunteers
13:16:47 [thierry]
Do we plan to have miulti editors, for multi chapters in the spec ?
13:17:08 [frank]
frank has joined #mediaann
13:17:15 [thierry]
Or just one document with one or multi editors
13:17:21 [wbailer]
daniel: editing team for all wg deliverables
13:18:28 [hmiao]
hmiao has joined #mediaann
13:18:28 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.525.aacc
13:18:44 [Zakim]
+??P10
13:19:27 [wbailer]
topic: open issues
13:20:36 [fsasaki]
present: Davy, Werner, Felix, Daniel, raphael, ??P7, Thierry, Vassilis, Frank, Hui
13:21:35 [fsasaki]
see http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results for results of 6054
13:21:44 [wbailer]
daniel: going through status of open issues
13:22:17 [tobiasb]
tobiasb has joined #mediaann
13:22:27 [spark3]
open issue 6065 ?
13:22:37 [fsasaki]
6065 looks like fitting to Use case "Services by using an unified media annotation"
13:22:41 [spark3]
is it a use case as it is ?
13:23:44 [wbailer]
joakim: wrote about video case, could be merged into services uc
13:23:50 [fsasaki]
+1 to Joakim
13:24:12 [wbailer]
joakim: not sure to merge iptv with video case
13:24:28 [wbailer]
s/case/use case/
13:24:47 [frank]
+1 join with video
13:25:54 [vassilis]
+1 join with video
13:26:05 [wbailer]
agreed on merge iptv with services use case
13:27:11 [wbailer]
issue 6083: mm search?
13:27:26 [spark3]
use case 6083 multimedia search ?
13:27:31 [wbailer]
it's partly covered by 6067
13:28:26 [fsasaki]
6083 was proposed from erik http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0025.html
13:28:28 [frank]
it seems to me that 6083 is one of the basic actions - like adaptation and presentation, that will show up in a few use cases
13:28:36 [spark3]
we should drop use case 6083 ?
13:29:06 [frank]
Would we need to blacks => basic and applied
13:29:06 [wbailer]
felix: keep general use cases that overlap with more specific ones
13:29:25 [frank]
I agree on that
13:29:30 [davy]
+1
13:29:44 [frank]
but perhaps grouping them
13:30:00 [wbailer]
vassilis: important and general, vague, agree to keep it
13:30:25 [raphael]
+1 for felix: these are dimensions through you can see the use cases; one dimension is the media (image, video, audio), another dimension is the use of the annotation (presentation, adaptation, search)
13:31:05 [wbailer]
6083 will be kept
13:31:15 [fsasaki]
I agree with vassilis and raphael
13:31:29 [wbailer]
6085: keep mm sharing use case?
13:31:33 [spark3]
6085 keep or drop ?
13:31:50 [frank]
same a s search, I think, so keep it for the tie being
13:32:00 [wbailer]
felix: same as search, keep it
13:33:06 [spark3]
6112 is done
13:33:06 [wbailer]
6112: done
13:34:04 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0053.html
13:34:05 [wbailer]
6112: template + call for contributions from outside wg
13:34:17 [raphael]
+1
13:34:27 [frank]
+1
13:35:05 [spark3]
6126 Machine readable license data (no text)
13:35:16 [spark3]
use case or drop it ?
13:35:32 [fsasaki]
Felix: we can prepare the template later, e.g. after the first WD
13:35:38 [raphael]
I did mention the template from the SWD WG: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/UCFormat
13:36:29 [wbailer]
felix: (6112) prepare template for UCs/requirements now?
13:36:36 [wbailer]
daniel: prepare latr
13:36:42 [wbailer]
s/latr/later/
13:37:08 [wbailer]
issue 6126, keep or drop?
13:38:12 [wbailer]
felix: detailed definition of license data beyond scope, just slots for plugging in license information
13:38:37 [spark3]
keep use case 6126. any opinion ?
13:38:39 [frank]
If we decide for a slot then we can drop it
13:38:54 [raphael]
+1 for dropping and agreeing to put a placeholder
13:39:17 [fsasaki]
+1 to rapahel
13:39:25 [vassilis]
+1
13:39:32 [davy]
+1
13:39:33 [hmiao]
+1 to rapahel
13:39:33 [cgi-irc]
+1
13:39:46 [wbailer]
issue 6126 will be dropped
13:40:11 [fsasaki]
s/will be dropped/will be dropped and we will have just a placeholder for machine readable license data/
13:42:02 [wbailer]
daniel: feel free to contribute to wiki
13:42:08 [spark3]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page#Use_Cases__and_Requirements
13:43:10 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Use_Cases_&_Requirements
13:43:17 [wbailer]
felix: updated main page, use cases on separate page
13:44:02 [wbailer]
topic: Use cases to be derived from the thread "Elaborating on the Video use case"
13:44:50 [VeroniqueM]
VeroniqueM has joined #mediaann
13:45:57 [wbailer]
joakim: included in services uc or not?
13:46:32 [wbailer]
felix: looked at Microsoft Interactive Media Manager documents, did not find link to ontology
13:46:59 [wbailer]
joakim: has some info locally, will post to list
13:47:03 [raphael]
Joakim, can you post the ontology to the list? is it publicly available ?
13:47:30 [spark3]
new use case "Video"
13:48:43 [spark3]
new use case "Video" ? any opinion ?
13:49:34 [frank]
+1
13:50:02 [raphael]
Like Felix said, I made a case for having structured annotations
13:50:40 [raphael]
The WG will design an abstract model, but at some point, needs to vote for a format for representing this model
13:50:44 [raphael]
I would favor RDF
13:50:53 [fsasaki]
+1 to RDF
13:51:11 [wbailer]
daniel: create new use case "video"
13:51:32 [wbailer]
ACTION: joakim to add text on video uc
13:51:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-14 - Add text on video uc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-14].
13:51:45 [raphael]
q+
13:52:00 [raphael]
zakim, ack me
13:52:00 [Zakim]
unmuting raphael
13:52:02 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:52:22 [raphael]
http://www.youtube.com/t/annotations_about
13:52:41 [wbailer]
raphael: announcement from youtube for annotation support
13:53:26 [raphael]
zakim, mute me
13:53:26 [Zakim]
raphael should now be muted
13:53:53 [wbailer]
daniel: also create uc from mobile?
13:54:21 [wbailer]
ACTION: joakim to elaborate on mobile uc
13:54:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Elaborate on mobile uc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-14].
13:56:18 [wbailer]
topic: use cases from issues list
13:58:09 [wbailer]
??: service use case - generalise?
13:59:21 [wbailer]
felix: does a specific uc have effect on ontology or api?
13:59:38 [VeroniqueM]
would it be relevant to separate a list of tasks, that need models, and use cases that group different tasks?
13:59:59 [fsasaki]
felix: maybe keep in mind when you produce a use case / requirement if it has an effect on the ontology or the API
14:00:28 [wbailer]
daniel: ALL: add to requirements list
14:01:32 [tobiasb2]
tobiasb2 has joined #mediaann
14:01:34 [Zakim]
-Felix
14:01:35 [Zakim]
-??P7
14:01:37 [Zakim]
-Werner
14:01:38 [Zakim]
-Daniel
14:01:40 [Zakim]
-Thierry
14:01:40 [Zakim]
-Hui
14:01:41 [Zakim]
-raphael
14:01:48 [spark3]
thanks all and bye - Daniel
14:01:54 [fsasaki]
thanks werner for scribing
14:02:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
14:02:03 [Zakim]
-Frank
14:02:06 [thierry]
thierry has left #mediaann
14:02:45 [Zakim]
-Davy
14:03:06 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
14:03:08 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()9:00AM has ended
14:03:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were +43.316.876.aaaa, +329331aabb, Felix, Davy, Werner, [VrijeUni], Veronique, Daniel, raphael, Thierry, Vassilis, +31.20.525.aacc, Frank, Hui
14:09:31 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-12
14:09:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-12 (placeholder for dave) to elaborate 6066 closed
14:09:32 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-13
14:09:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 (placeholder for dave) to work on 6113 closed
14:12:42 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, bye
14:12:42 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-actions.rdf :
14:12:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: joakim to add text on video uc [2]
14:12:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-irc#T13-51-32
14:12:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: joakim to elaborate on mobile uc [3]
14:12:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-mediaann-irc#T13-54-21
14:12:45 [fsasaki]
zakim, bye
14:12:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann