IRC log of mw4d on 2008-10-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:40:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mw4d
11:40:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/06-mw4d-irc
11:40:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mw4d
11:40:57 [Raphael]
zakim, this will be mw4d
11:40:57 [Zakim]
ok, Raphael; I see UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 20 minutes
11:41:08 [Raphael]
rrsagent, make logs public
11:41:27 [Raphael]
Scribe: Raphael
11:42:00 [Raphael]
ScribeNick: Raphael
11:42:09 [Raphael]
Meeting: MW4D
11:42:19 [Raphael]
Chair: Ken Banks
11:46:27 [Raphael]
Scribe: RaphaŽl Dard
11:54:24 [kiwanja]
kiwanja has joined #mw4d
11:55:45 [kiwanja]
q?
11:57:47 [Zakim]
UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM has now started
11:57:54 [Zakim]
+ +41.22.730.aaaa
12:00:31 [jeffs]
jeffs has joined #mw4d
12:00:56 [Zakim]
+??P1
12:01:28 [Zakim]
+??P2
12:02:00 [jeffs]
zakim, ??P2 is jeffs
12:02:00 [Zakim]
+jeffs; got it
12:02:08 [kiwanja]
welcome!
12:02:12 [jeffs]
hello
12:02:17 [Raphael]
Present: Ken, Jeff, RaphaŽl
12:02:43 [kiwanja]
which part isn't jeff?
12:03:23 [kiwanja]
the best part! LOL. you won't need that...
12:03:59 [Zakim]
+ +0239287aabb
12:04:17 [Raphael]
Present+ Adesina
12:04:23 [kiwanja]
sorry jeffs...
12:04:36 [adesina]
Adesina is online
12:05:24 [Zakim]
+ +91.11.41.29.aacc
12:05:37 [Lauri]
Lauri has joined #mw4d
12:06:06 [Raphael]
Present+ Lauri
12:06:26 [mib_ws8ba9]
mib_ws8ba9 has joined #mw4d
12:06:50 [kiwanja]
the world wide web conference (the main one) - let me check
12:06:51 [mib_4l9fsz]
mib_4l9fsz has joined #mw4d
12:07:04 [adesina]
ok
12:07:59 [adesina]
was that Jeff?
12:08:10 [adesina]
ok
12:08:18 [Arun]
Arun has joined #mw4d
12:08:32 [Raphael]
Present+ Arun
12:08:48 [kiwanja]
lauri? are you going to make the call?
12:08:57 [Zakim]
+ +035850558aadd
12:09:19 [Raphael]
Present+ Lauri
12:09:21 [adesina]
welcome luari
12:09:25 [Raphael]
Who is mib...?
12:10:10 [adesina]
Arun pls, what is your full name?
12:10:52 [adesina]
thanks Rap
12:11:04 [Raphael]
Topic: Approving last minutes
12:11:08 [Raphael]
+1
12:11:16 [adesina]
I was away too
12:11:19 [jeffs]
+1
12:11:25 [mib_4l9fsz]
mib_mumble is eEric Brunner Williams
12:11:30 [kiwanja]
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/15-mw4d-minutes.html
12:11:39 [Raphael]
Present+ Eric
12:11:56 [kiwanja]
eric - are you on the call also?
12:12:02 [mib_4l9fsz]
working on audio
12:12:59 [Raphael]
Action: Jeff to add a couple of things in the wiki
12:13:10 [jeffs]
jeffs to follow up on action tomorrow (tuesday)
12:13:20 [Raphael]
Topic: Workshop issues
12:13:36 [jeffs]
q+
12:14:04 [Raphael]
Ken: sums up previous workshops regarding MW4D
12:14:22 [adesina]
spain
12:14:27 [adesina]
valencia?
12:14:35 [adesina]
madrid
12:14:35 [kiwanja]
http://www2009.org/
12:14:37 [adesina]
when?
12:14:41 [adesina]
april 2009
12:14:54 [kiwanja]
april 20th - 24th 009
12:15:02 [Arun]
Full name is Arun Kumar, sorry just struggling with first time IRC use
12:16:37 [kiwanja]
q?
12:16:52 [kiwanja]
no problem, arun
12:17:14 [adesina]
webok
12:17:31 [kiwanja]
q?
12:17:56 [jeffs]
q-
12:18:09 [kiwanja]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/w3circ#Being
12:19:12 [kiwanja]
q?
12:19:21 [Raphael]
Action: Ken to share article with the group
12:20:02 [kiwanja]
q?
12:20:14 [adesina]
i ma fine with those
12:20:17 [Raphael]
Ken: any questions?
12:20:33 [Raphael]
Topic: Roadmap document
12:20:35 [kiwanja]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/roadmap
12:21:49 [Raphael]
Ken: regulations issue to add on the roadmap?
12:21:58 [kiwanja]
jeffs?
12:23:00 [kiwanja]
thanks, jeff
12:23:01 [Raphael]
Jeff: Will catch up through email with Ken
12:23:37 [adesina]
just did now
12:23:45 [adesina]
q+
12:23:48 [kiwanja]
q?
12:24:15 [Raphael]
Adesina: Roadmap needs a little fine tuning
12:24:26 [Lauri]
Lauri got now back from sic-leave, so I have to catch up with the new documents.
12:25:24 [Raphael]
Adesina: m-Agriculture should be added to it
12:25:28 [kiwanja]
thanks, lauri
12:26:39 [kiwanja]
thanks, Adesina
12:26:59 [kiwanja]
q?
12:27:03 [kiwanja]
q-
12:27:16 [kiwanja]
adesina - can you q-
12:27:38 [kiwanja]
no more comments on the roadmap as yet>
12:27:42 [kiwanja]
?
12:27:48 [Raphael]
Someone is making noise. Ken? Can you check who that is?
12:28:08 [jeffs]
zakim, who is making noise?
12:28:20 [adesina]
q-
12:28:21 [Zakim]
jeffs, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P1 (18%), +0239287aabb (23%)
12:28:24 [Lauri]
Lauri likes to add to AOB, what is the mw4d agenda for W3C event near Nice France later October
12:29:17 [kiwanja]
q?
12:29:41 [Renjish]
Renjish has joined #mw4d
12:29:58 [Raphael]
Present+ Renjish
12:30:03 [kiwanja]
q?
12:30:09 [kiwanja]
who else is going to nice?
12:30:15 [adesina]
i
12:30:19 [adesina]
q+
12:30:20 [jeffs]
I will be there
12:30:34 [Zakim]
- +035850558aadd
12:30:38 [adesina]
i know
12:31:05 [Raphael]
Topic: Next conference
12:31:11 [kiwanja]
Adesina - are you also going?
12:31:21 [Zakim]
+ +035850558aaee
12:31:34 [adesina]
Yes, I am going
12:31:45 [jeffs]
+1
12:32:02 [kiwanja]
raphael - can you add an action item for steph to email the members about the meeting/chase up
12:32:14 [Raphael]
Action: Stephan to email the members about the meeting/chase up
12:32:41 [jeffs]
+1
12:32:44 [Raphael]
q+
12:32:44 [kiwanja]
q?
12:32:44 [adesina]
yes
12:33:12 [Raphael]
q-
12:33:20 [adesina]
q-
12:33:34 [kiwanja]
thanks adesina
12:34:52 [kiwanja]
kiwanja has joined #mw4d
12:34:56 [kiwanja]
q?
12:35:00 [Raphael]
Action: Adesina to resend email concerning event
12:35:36 [Raphael]
Any URL, Adesina ?
12:36:19 [kiwanja]
anyone got the URL for the september archive? i'm looking now
12:36:40 [Raphael]
Adesina: looking for more info on event to share with group
12:36:43 [kiwanja]
q?
12:37:49 [kiwanja]
q?
12:37:56 [adesina]
+
12:38:00 [kiwanja]
adesina?
12:38:03 [adesina]
q+
12:38:51 [jeffs]
Friday 24 October 08:30-18:00 Mobile Web For Social Development IG (MW4D) - Morning Stéphane Boyera
12:39:04 [kiwanja]
thanks jeff
12:39:12 [jeffs]
room Conseil 16, mlisted as *not* member confidential
12:39:22 [kiwanja]
q?
12:39:39 [adesina]
Q-
12:39:42 [Raphael]
Ken: anything else regarding the meeting on 24 Oct.?
12:40:14 [kiwanja]
:)
12:40:20 [kiwanja]
q?
12:40:23 [Raphael]
q+
12:40:28 [adesina]
none from my end
12:41:13 [kiwanja]
q?
12:41:21 [kiwanja]
q?
12:41:29 [Raphael]
q-
12:41:56 [Raphael]
Raphael: Has anyone been in contact with Fisseha Mekuria, (Uganda Univ)?
12:42:04 [Arun]
q+
12:42:09 [kiwanja]
q?
12:42:19 [Raphael]
Action: invite Fisseha Mekuria to join discussion
12:43:06 [Arun]
q-
12:43:13 [kiwanja]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/roadmap
12:43:18 [Raphael]
Renjish: Would like agendas of next couple of teleconferences
12:43:54 [kiwanja]
q?
12:43:54 [Raphael]
Action: Ken to talk with Steph regarding that
12:43:56 [Arun]
q+
12:44:04 [Raphael]
Ken: main issue it the Roadmap
12:44:12 [Arun]
q-
12:45:54 [Renjish]
Raphael, that wasn't me. I am not on the phone today.
12:45:57 [Raphael]
Topic: Information sharing
12:46:06 [Raphael]
OK thanks
12:46:07 [Raphael]
sorry
12:46:24 [Raphael]
q+
12:46:29 [Raphael]
q-
12:46:31 [Arun]
q+
12:46:49 [Arun]
http://www.ictd2009.org/
12:46:50 [Raphael]
Ken, who is talking right now, please?
12:47:06 [adesina]
q+
12:47:15 [Arun]
q-
12:47:19 [kiwanja]
q?
12:47:30 [kiwanja]
found the uganda november workshop link: http://m4d.kcl.co.ug/
12:47:38 [kiwanja]
(thanks for looking jeff!)
12:47:54 [kiwanja]
q?
12:47:58 [Raphael]
Jeffs: wants agenda for the next few meetings, high-level work going on
12:47:58 [Arun]
q+
12:48:42 [Arun]
Call for Workshop http://ictd2009.org/cfw.html
12:48:47 [Arun]
q-
12:48:56 [kiwanja]
q?
12:49:07 [kiwanja]
Kampala, Uganda, next month the 5-6th
12:49:17 [Raphael]
Arun: Would like agendas of next couple of teleconferences
12:49:25 [kiwanja]
qatar
12:49:32 [Arun]
q+
12:49:45 [Arun]
q-
12:49:49 [kiwanja]
q?
12:50:00 [kiwanja]
q?
12:51:05 [kiwanja]
q?
12:51:34 [kiwanja]
q?
12:51:48 [adesina]
q_
12:51:54 [adesina]
q-
12:52:09 [kiwanja]
everybody happy?!?! :)
12:52:13 [Raphael]
q+
12:52:18 [adesina]
I ma ok
12:52:19 [kiwanja]
(takes a bow)
12:52:26 [adesina]
ok
12:52:52 [jeffs]
if anyone could pop up the URI for the Kampala conf, that would be helpful
12:52:53 [kiwanja]
thanks all
12:52:55 [kiwanja]
q?
12:52:56 [Raphael]
q-
12:53:06 [adesina]
ICTD4 in Qatar
12:53:48 [kiwanja]
for you jeff - http://m4d.kcl.co.ug/
12:53:49 [Raphael]
thanks
12:53:59 [jeffs]
there were references to one in Kampala Uganda 5-6 Nov this year
12:54:01 [Raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/MW4D/wiki/Events
12:54:06 [Raphael]
OK
12:54:20 [jeffs]
thanks
12:54:21 [kiwanja]
Kampala, Uganda, next month the 5-6th
12:54:38 [kiwanja]
q?
12:54:45 [jeffs]
I have no travel budget, so I cannot attend in person
12:54:49 [mib_4l9fsz]
conflict (me) icann cairo, same dates
12:54:52 [adesina]
chatham house
12:55:10 [kiwanja]
great news! you can get me a beer
12:55:11 [adesina]
I am one of the speakers
12:55:31 [kiwanja]
thanks everyone....
12:55:37 [adesina]
you are going to have nice time san francisco
12:55:37 [Raphael]
Ken: wraps up
12:55:41 [Raphael]
thank you
12:55:41 [adesina]
ok
12:55:44 [kiwanja]
thanks!
12:55:49 [adesina]
bye
12:55:55 [Lauri]
Tank you for the meeting
12:56:00 [Zakim]
- +91.11.41.29.aacc
12:56:08 [Zakim]
- +0239287aabb
12:56:09 [Zakim]
-??P1
12:56:10 [Zakim]
- +035850558aaee
12:56:16 [Zakim]
-jeffs
12:56:52 [Zakim]
- +41.22.730.aaaa
12:56:53 [Zakim]
UW_MW4D IG()8:00AM has ended
12:56:54 [Renjish]
bye
12:56:54 [Raphael]
Raphael has joined #mw4d
12:56:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were +41.22.730.aaaa, jeffs, +0239287aabb, +91.11.41.29.aacc, +035850558aadd, +035850558aaee
12:57:11 [Arun]
Bye
12:57:17 [Raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:57:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/06-mw4d-minutes.html Raphael