IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-10-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:49:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:49:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-irc
11:49:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:49:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
11:49:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:49:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
11:49:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:49:39 [trackbot]
Date: 01 October 2008
11:55:23 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
11:56:03 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
11:56:28 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
11:56:45 [jackjansen]
hi
11:57:03 [raphael]
zakim, which teleconference?
11:57:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
11:57:08 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
11:57:15 [Zakim]
+??P0
11:57:58 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
11:58:06 [raphael]
zakim, [CWI] is raphael
11:58:06 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
11:58:24 [raphael]
zakim, ??P0 is davy
11:58:26 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
11:58:41 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Oct/0000.html
11:58:50 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
11:59:00 [raphael]
Scribe: Jack
11:59:11 [raphael]
Scribenick: jackjansen
11:59:35 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:59:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:59:46 [Zakim]
+??P2
11:59:55 [raphael]
rrsagent, make logs public
12:00:02 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
12:00:02 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
12:01:08 [Zakim]
+jackjansen
12:01:41 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:01:59 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
12:02:45 [jackjansen]
scribenick: jackjansen
12:03:48 [raphael]
Regrets: Vassilis, Erik
12:04:07 [Zakim]
+nessy
12:04:14 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
12:04:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see davy, raphael, mhausenblas, jackjansen, Yves, nessy
12:04:15 [raphael]
Present: Davy, Jack, Michael, Raphael, Yves, Silvia
12:04:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see raphael, jackjansen, davy, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, nessy, Yves, trackbot
12:05:15 [jackjansen]
raphael: opens meeting and greets everyone.
12:05:26 [jackjansen]
... Comments on the minutes?
12:05:34 [nessy]
+1
12:05:38 [mhausenblas]
+1
12:05:41 [jackjansen]
all: accept
12:06:49 [jackjansen]
raphael: will create wiki page capturing current email discussion
12:07:05 [jackjansen]
raphael: What's the currrent status of use cases?
12:07:20 [jackjansen]
raphael: start with media annotation. Sylvia?
12:07:24 [raphael]
Topic: 2. Use Case and Requirements
12:07:41 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: not much progress, busy.
12:08:19 [jackjansen]
... Did look at accessibility issues. Results into wiki TBD.
12:08:57 [nessy]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Video_a11y_requirements
12:09:06 [jackjansen]
... For the moment, can be seen at another wiki, url here in the chat.
12:09:08 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Silvia, refer to -> http://blog.gingertech.net/2008/09/27/demo-of-new-html5-features/ Demo of new HTML5 features
12:10:40 [jackjansen]
raphael: next use cae, media delivery. Davey?
12:11:13 [jackjansen]
Davey: not much yet, will do soon.
12:11:38 [raphael]
s/cae/case
12:12:09 [jackjansen]
raphael: only server side issue?
12:12:27 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: no, also protocol (in addtion to client and server)
12:13:43 [jackjansen]
michael: is client/server important?
12:13:56 [jackjansen]
q+
12:14:16 [raphael]
zakim, ack jackjansen
12:14:16 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:14:22 [Yves]
you also have to check if the client is responsible for crafting a specific request, and not just a regular HTTP request with a carefully crafted URI for the server
12:14:43 [Yves]
(ie: delegate processing on the two sides, or only server-side)
12:14:44 [raphael]
Jack: distinguish between functionalities and implementations
12:16:14 [raphael]
Silvia: HTTP is ok as protocol ... question is rather working on the headers
12:16:15 [jackjansen]
michael: does this mean we're doing a protocol or not?
12:16:27 [jackjansen]
Silvia: open issue.
12:17:05 [jackjansen]
s/michael/Yves
12:17:42 [jackjansen]
Yves: need to involve TAG in the process early.
12:18:19 [jackjansen]
raphael: will take care of it.
12:18:34 [mhausenblas]
s/Yves/Michael
12:18:48 [jackjansen]
raphael: next use case, media linking.
12:19:00 [mhausenblas]
http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/index.php?InterlinkingMultimedia
12:19:42 [jackjansen]
Michael: also fine-grained linking, see posted url.
12:21:24 [Yves]
I wonder, once we have a URI to define a media fragment, what is the difference bewteen a link and a bookmark (which is a link from a page, or an internal db)
12:22:00 [jackjansen]
Michael: it's not only about humans, but also agents (?). Bookmarks for humans, links for agents.
12:22:39 [jackjansen]
q+
12:23:00 [jackjansen]
raphael: shall we separate the two use cases, then?
12:23:05 [jackjansen]
Michael: ok.
12:23:25 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: fits to media playlist UC.
12:24:19 [jackjansen]
raphael: merge the two?
12:24:28 [jackjansen]
Sylivia: dunno.
12:25:43 [jackjansen]
jackjansen: aren't these mashups?
12:26:08 [raphael]
Yves: not merging, but put under the same umbrela Media Linking and Media Playlist
12:26:16 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: playlists are simpler than mashups.
12:27:22 [jackjansen]
Michael: ca people think about whether UCs are for humans or computerrs, please?
12:27:57 [jackjansen]
raphael: who takes responsibility for search UC and browse UC?
12:28:15 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: maybe later, not now.
12:29:09 [jackjansen]
Raphael: on to photobook UC. Erik isn't here, Davy?
12:29:34 [jackjansen]
Davy: no real news yet.
12:30:04 [jackjansen]
raphael: map and multires UCs.
12:30:27 [jackjansen]
... Investigating how this works in current technology, expect results next teleconf.
12:31:00 [jackjansen]
raphael: audio UCs, no volunteers yet.
12:31:19 [jackjansen]
... but karaoka is like annotation.
12:31:31 [jackjansen]
raphael: video UCs.
12:32:05 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: not looked into browser UC yet.
12:32:31 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/State_of_the_Art
12:33:21 [jackjansen]
raphael: next agenda point, state of the art.
12:33:48 [jackjansen]
Yves: how should we structure this?
12:34:23 [jackjansen]
raphael: don't know yet.
12:34:51 [jackjansen]
Yves: common way to describe things will make life easier in future.
12:35:47 [raphael]
s/Yves: common/Michael: common
12:38:17 [jackjansen]
jackjansen: how about initially structuring this from a source-technology point of view? With one person per technology?
12:38:22 [mhausenblas]
RRSagent, draft minutes
12:38:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:38:24 [jackjansen]
raphael: ok.
12:38:39 [jackjansen]
... Jack can do SMIL, Sylvia CMML.
12:39:02 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: also worked on MPEG21.
12:39:10 [jackjansen]
Davy: can also look at mpeg21.
12:39:19 [jackjansen]
raphael: I can look at SVG.
12:39:51 [mhausenblas]
Michael: re HTTP and URI I can take care
12:40:03 [Yves]
and I will help as well
12:40:11 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: have http ideas as well.
12:40:21 [jackjansen]
Yves: me too.
12:40:57 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: let's try and have some data by f2f.
12:41:04 [jackjansen]
rapheal: good idea.
12:41:11 [jackjansen]
s/rapheal/raphael
12:42:07 [jackjansen]
Raphael: I will look at key issues, create page (?)
12:42:13 [jackjansen]
Rapheal: AOB?
12:42:13 [nessy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary
12:43:05 [jackjansen]
Sylvia: Will create page (?) about what a video resource is.
12:43:25 [nessy]
already created that in the glossary
12:43:44 [jackjansen]
Yves(?): like the drawing.
12:44:03 [mhausenblas]
s/Yves(?)/Michael
12:44:10 [Yves]
Yves also likes the drawing :)
12:44:36 [jackjansen]
s/Will create page (?)/have created page
12:44:58 [jackjansen]
raphael: closing meeting. Next time will go into UCs deeper.
12:45:09 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
12:45:15 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
12:45:17 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:45:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:45:19 [Zakim]
-nessy
12:45:25 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:45:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:48:05 [Zakim]
-jackjansen
12:48:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
12:48:07 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were raphael, davy, mhausenblas, jackjansen, Yves, nessy
12:48:20 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items