IRC log of er on 2008-10-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:25:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:25:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-er-irc
12:25:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:25:43 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:25:43 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
12:25:50 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:25:56 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:26:31 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Oct/0001.html
12:26:49 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Guide
12:27:03 [shadi]
agenda+ Pointer Methods in RDF
12:29:50 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
12:30:31 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:30:38 [Zakim]
+??P7
12:30:54 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:31:00 [JohannesK]
Zakim, P7 is JohannesK
12:31:00 [Zakim]
sorry, JohannesK, I do not recognize a party named 'P7'
12:31:10 [JohannesK]
Zakim, ??P7 is JohannesK
12:31:10 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
12:31:59 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
12:33:04 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:34:43 [velasco]
velasco has joined #er
12:35:22 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
12:35:52 [shadi]
regrets: Mike
12:36:04 [velasco]
zakim, mute me
12:36:05 [Zakim]
sorry, velasco, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:36:20 [JohannesK]
scribe: Johannes
12:36:27 [JohannesK]
scribenick: JohannesK
12:36:32 [velasco]
´╗┐zakim, mute CarlosV
12:38:00 [shadi]
agenda?
12:38:32 [shadi]
agenda+ Update on Discussion with SemWeb
12:38:42 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
12:38:42 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Update on Discussion with SemWeb" taken up [from shadi]
12:40:06 [JohannesK]
saz: could not discuss our WDs in SemWeb CG, meeting was cancelled; next meeting Friday
12:41:27 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:41:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "EARL 1.0 Guide" taken up [from shadi]
12:41:59 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Guide-20070802
12:43:26 [JohannesK]
CV: want to prepare a new draft based on changes in Content-in-RDF and HTTP-in-RDF in 2 weeks time
12:44:46 [JohannesK]
CV: not too many changes; need to update examples with pointers
12:45:53 [JohannesK]
CV: most chages are in section 4.6 and 5
12:46:40 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
12:47:25 [JohannesK]
CI: we should discuss how EARL, HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF fit together at the F2F
12:48:30 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/earl.php
12:49:32 [CarlosV]
zakim mute me
12:49:36 [JohannesK]
CV: more chnages in introduction (section 1), and structure (section 3)
12:49:52 [JohannesK]
s/chnages/changes/
12:49:52 [CarlosV]
´╗┐zakim, mute me
12:50:20 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Guide-20070802#Assertion
12:50:49 [JohannesK]
saz: what's the purpose for section 4? more background and examples than in the schema document
12:53:36 [JohannesK]
saz: guide must not contain repetitions of material in the schema document
12:54:48 [JohannesK]
JK: normative things should be in the schema, not in the guide
12:56:43 [JohannesK]
saz: purpose of guide: how do the four documents (EARL schema, pointers, http, content) work together; referencing normative parts of the four docs
13:00:44 [JohannesK]
ci: guide should be low-level and hide complexity like RDF
13:01:16 [JohannesK]
ci: pick an example use case and use this example throughout the guide
13:02:02 [JohannesK]
saz: guide should be education-oriented
13:03:48 [JohannesK]
ci: it should be technology-independent
13:04:43 [JohannesK]
saz: but it should explain how RDF is used
13:06:36 [JohannesK]
ACTION cvelasco to provide an outline for the EARL guide with one/two sentences for each section
13:06:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-13 - Provide an outline for the EARL guide with one/two sentences for each section [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2008-10-08].
13:07:25 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:07:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Pointer Methods in RDF" taken up [from shadi]
13:07:58 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Sep/0024
13:08:30 [JohannesK]
saz: we discussed the proposed conventions
13:09:59 [JohannesK]
ci: want to create a new draft with editorial changes
13:10:28 [JohannesK]
ci: in parallel work on conventions; this is more work
13:13:54 [JohannesK]
ci: grammar parsers work differently to DOM-based tools; so pointer guidance rules could be difficult to accomodate both
13:19:58 [JohannesK]
saz: some scenarios for pointer usages should be added
13:22:48 [JohannesK]
saz: have an updated approach for conventions next week, discuss then and during F2F; then publish a draft shortly after F2F
13:25:27 [JohannesK]
ACTION ciglesias to create an updated approach for pointer conventions/usage guidance
13:25:27 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ciglesias
13:25:47 [JohannesK]
ACTION ciglesia to create an updated approach for pointer conventions/usage guidance
13:25:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-14 - Create an updated approach for pointer conventions/usage guidance [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2008-10-08].
13:26:05 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has left #er
13:26:10 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:26:13 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
13:26:14 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
13:26:16 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:26:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, JohannesK, Carlos_Iglesias, CarlosV
13:28:41 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:28:46 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:28:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/10/01-er-minutes.html shadi
13:28:47 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:28:54 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:28:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
13:28:58 [shadi]
rrsagent, ybe
13:28:58 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'ybe', shadi. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:29:01 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:29:01 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items